British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

The campaign is quite good. However, out of curiosity, what you use as comparison basis considering the price of DLCs?

Your DLC will be the first and probably only DLC I will ever buy.

I'm English and not having the UK forces in your game is rather limited. Alas, it's a good side to spin money.

If you get greedy like Activision and CoD then I won't play your games anymore.

Alas, thanks for British. £8 is priced right for me. However if you do this 2 or 3 times a year I think this DLC will be my first and last, unless you really come to the fold with something amazing in future DLC.

However, out of curiosity, what you use as comparison basis considering the price of DLCs?
It means 2 and a half cup of STARBUCKS coffee/ a day of basic expense(food)/ 2 issus of National Geographic in where I live, give me a good long campaign and the cost will justify itself

I could add more if you want to;)

This before i select the :turn off pc button"

ppl who wanted this DLC: BIS made it just for you

ppl who didn't want this DLC: BIS made it just for you too

The above 2 lines sum it up pretty nicely i think

I'm going to buy it for two reasons pretty much:

1.) The campaign

2.) So that we will get more DLC in the future

3.) I like the idea of more countries being in the game

I just wish that there was a new island coming with it. Even if it was just another part of Takistan. I like making my missions tie into the official BI campaigns but Takistan and Zargabad are pretty much all used up by the campaign with a few exceptions. Also if you want to throw a UN Medic in there too feel free. I don't like it when my factions are missing medics.

EDIT: I was kind of hoping for there to be a Harrier in there too.

Edited by Jakerod

I don't see any problems in releasing DLCs, as long as it stay in a "content only" manner. If you want to have nice quality extra troops, missions and campaigns and if you are ready to pay for it, it's okay for me.

But I have some doubts here:

* Engine Improvements

This line makes me think that this DLC will be also a 9€ patch.

Could we have more details about this ?

Soooo....

What about that Challenger?

Basically, they are adding the equivalent to one regiment. They aren't adding the entire British Army, just a British regiment. :)

Damn, I'm really surprised over the sheer amount of disgruntled community members. As someone already said, it's just a DLC, not a BIS conspiracy to suck out wallets dry. Plus it's optional - if you will not buy it, I'm sure Placebo would not pay you a visit and force you to with a golden revolver (with TWS and grenade launcher attached).

And regarding the further DLC, I believe it was already said in the OA Q&A that other DLCs are an option only if the first one sells well - so if you all will be like "I can't cough up ten bucks, I want BIS to give me stuff for free!" than there may not be another DLC.

Personally, I am very happy about the DLC and I will definetely buy it... and not just because of the hint that there may be CZ 805 BREN in some further DLC ;)

All engine improvements developed for A2: BAF will be released to all users in free game update/patch and BAF will use it from the updated main game executable directly (note that it does not mean all our previous official content will get proper configuration to use it...)

I don't see any problems in releasing DLCs, as long as it stay in a "content only" manner. If you want to have nice quality extra troops, missions and campaigns and if you are ready to pay for it, it's okay for me.

But I have some doubts here:

This line makes me think that this DLC will be also a 9€ patch.

Could we have more details about this ?

Might excuse me but who is BAF?

Ballistic Addon Federation?

All engine improvements developed for A2: BAF will be released to all users in free game update/patch and BAF will use it from the updated main game executable directly (note that it does not mean all our previous official content will get proper configuration to use it...)

Bold part is unimportant since you're going to make an awesome auto-download addon management system, right? ;) (... nonono, I'm not trying to steal information there, not at all :rolleyes:)

coyote_410.jpgequip_panther_200px.jpgequipment_tracked_warthog_6.jpgMastiff-2-armoured-vehicle-.jpgequip_scimitar_410px.jpg

...........to (not)name a few.

Looking forward to the DLC, good job BI

Damn it, if I'd have known about this a while ago I could have offered to do some of the voice acting!

I'm bored of all this negativity surrounding DLC, if you don't want it, go cry in a corner about how your life hasn't turned out how fairy tales told you it would. BIS are a company and DLC happens to be a particularily effective method of keeping money coming in whilst they continue to improve their products. As I support BIS's style and support for their customers, I support them.

@BIS, as much as I enjoyed the campaign for OA, I did feel it was a bit short and not particularily cohesive, perhaps this one or the next one could provide more than just a cutscene to the beginning of the campaign before actual operations occur (although I have to say I did really like that cutscene) - ala CWC, and perhaps the main characters could have more...well..character ie. They react a little more emotively??

guys all you do is complain.yes there are a few things that arnt true to real life or are slighty wrong and the commuity has allready made but BIS has put alot of work in to the units so £8.it isnt that much its like 2 pints with ur mates which is done in 10min.it offer the abilty to launch op domination with brit units for a change have standerd units for mp and much more.its a choice either buy it or dont buy it.so please stop bitching about it like little kids

I will buy DLC because I want it and to support a company that I believe truly listens to and supports its community. In the gaming world we are barely visable on the radar so I feel fortunate that there still is a company that makes this type of game for computers.With all its warts, there is still none better.

ArmA tempered my enthusiasm, ArmA:QG slightly restored my faith, ArmA 2 once stable gave glimpses of what I've been missing since OFP, OA restored my faith in BIS fully.... this DLC is going to make me don my BIS fanboi cap again for the first time since OFP:R.

Well done gents, I haven't looked forward to DLC in any game as much as this.

Yeah it amazes me too, to see that people are angry at bis for trying to make extra money by giving the community extra content which seems quite big to me anyway and something I personally would really like. If you dont want it, dont get no one is forcing you. And also its £8. Tbh if you can afford about £500+ for a gaming computer that can run this, I'm not sure £8 is out of your price range, they're not trying to extort money And not only that they seem to give this community a lot more than any other games company like the tools to mod which has somehow made some people think they don't need bis anymore. If this is the reaction a company is going to get by giving the community the power to mod themselves, the I see why other companies refuse too...

The simple thing is theres so much bitching going on about the DLC why bitch about it when:

A: its not out yet

B: you havent tried it

C: £8 is about average for DLC

So i would suggest whine after you have played it and tested it then(if) you have a valid reason prior to that it just sounds like a bunch of kids whining.

Maruk - any chance we could get working IEDs with this one?

I am warming to the idea; it will fill a very nice niche, in that it means you've got a very solid 'base' to work off in missions, regardless of what other addons are used. The likes of UKF will carry on doing exactly what they're doing right now, it won't affect that at all. Theres no reason why BIS' units can't carry UKFs L85s if you prefer, nor crew UKF jackals. Theres no reason why StalkerGBs units can't crew BIS' warriors or drive around in BIS jackals. In other words, theres a place for community addons; always has been, always will be, and furthermore, that doesn't mean theres no place for DLC.

On another note, I dunno if anyones realised but you can get access to high res versions of the pics if you go to:

http://www.doupe.cz/Do-ArmA-2-OA-prileti-i-britske-jednotky--exkluzivni-screenshoty/sr-1-a-138496/default.aspx

And rather than clicking on the image, right click and open in a new tab/window.

EG. http://www.doupe.cz/uploadedfiles/181156898.jpg

http://www.doupe.cz/uploadedfiles/642148927.jpg

Forgive me if i'm stating the obvious.

DLC? For my Arma?

gSA3d.jpg

No, I'm not paying for a patch content. PC gaming dies here.

The campaign is quite good. However, out of curiosity, what you use as comparison basis considering the price of DLCs?

Personally I use a pound an hour for most software as a benchmark of value. It looks like I'll get it with this pack, largely because all missions I make in the editor will feature British troops, so I'll always be using it. Anyway, you are in value-credit with me for all the hours I've got out of ArmA 2/Operation Arrowhead, so I'll buy pretty much anything you release :D

On the DLC itself - looks good, nice models and I look forward to the campaign. Additionally, on the concept of DLC - I'm pretty much used to it as I use my 360 a lot, but I do support it, as it is a nice way to keep things fresh rather than stagnation with periodic renewal which is what we get with traditional expansions.

Edited by Dynamic Echo