Sign in to follow this  
Johannes

Jonny´s Army Special Forces

rofl.gif

Oh, by the way, scripts are gay, especially when infantry units are involved. I tried it in OFP and it made everyone's computers run like ducks nailed to the floor. A constantly looping script would be necessary to pull this holster rubbish, and therefore such a cosmetic effect would just be a waste of time.

Eventhandlers would be preferable, but AFAIK there are no eventhandlers defining the switch of weapons from primary to secondary.

Eventhandlers would be preferable, but AFAIK there are no eventhandlers defining the switch of weapons from primary to secondary.

nope... no matter how much we asked for one back in OFP and the various patches for ArmA, its still absent. Looping holster checks would work fine for SP, and then can be disabled for MP to prevent said nailed duck syndrome... but who really cares?

biggrin_o.gif

Just my 2c to the Holster Pistol thing is i would suggest to just make the last half of the gun that it basicly is not empty it don´t need to work it should just be filled. Like said not that the gun appears/dissapears on usage it is enough if it would be there all the time. I guess no script needed there at all but an holster which is empty doesn´t look right. Like said just my 2c to this.

Another thing i guess it was miles who brought this up and i think he is right i looked after these entry tools and they are really great. So he has my vote on this end if possible would be a great addition to be able to use those with your addon like the light sticks that you already carry with ya on the SF.

And so far again you did an outstanding Job with these Units after Playing a while with them even if they are not French  biggrin_o.gif you must know we emulate the  2°eme REP of the French Foreign Legion so we use them most of the time as cooperative forces in Iraq Theatre. And it is really nice to have them!!!

Kind Regards

[uKF-SF] Sonnette [sgtCf]

Demerdez Vous

nope... no matter how much we asked for one back in OFP and the various patches for ArmA, its still absent. Looping holster checks would work fine for SP, and then can be disabled for MP to prevent said nailed duck syndrome... but who really cares?

biggrin_o.gif

There is AnimChanged eventhandler that could do it, so no looping scripts would be required.

But really, it's better to just not bother confused_o.gif

You have other problems, like if the unit had a different type of pistol than the one you especially placed as a hiddenselection on the model.

So my advice is to not waste your time on it tounge2.gif

Jonny you rule! I have been using your doodz as replacements for the sucky BIS SF guys and i love them. I find myself running around the map and stopping mid assault to stare at these badass models you made. thats no joke! i think i might have a problem... or your units are just that damn good!

Today i went into the editor and began making a mission, i plan to only use for creation of an arma music video. I wanted a SAW gunner in my team and i liked the look of the SAW gunner Light version. then i saw the evil blue gloves! at first i didnt like it, but then i thought... what if these guys had the oakley gloves? well they would be too much i think, and green aviatior gloves (Not law enforcement gloves... whoever called em that is a tool) would look too plain... on top of that, SF units dont really have to go by every regulation in the book when it comes to uniforms. if some SF dood wants to wear hot pink gloves with purple dots... nobody can really tell him otherwise. im sure he would get some strange looks from his team, but nobody is gonna quote AR 670-1 to him. mabey if he was a pfc in some reserve unit that would be a no-go... but then again some reserve nco's wouldnt know better.

anyway.. rock on with the blue gloves Jonny! Your addon is far above the status quo, and your blue gloves are the proverbial middle finger to all those who wont dare to break the mold in fear of some overly mouthy kid ranting on a forum.

and in all honesty, i did orginally come here to see if anybody had caught the issue with the reversed flag... it does bother us NCOs...(the stars facing towards the rear of the soldier means he is retreating) but its so minor of a detail that ill overlook it and continue to stop punishing nubs to stare at your models as they run past me in game.

Sorry to bump at such a late stage, all I wanted to add was how superb these models are, ive reverted to these as standards now.

I might be missing something really silly but in the editor I add a "group" I see nothing for these units to slap into a map in one go? Is there something i'm missing, I have to individualy add them one by one and then manually group them (no biggie) just wondered if thats normal for this pack.

PS ... I cracked up when reading the readme just to double check :

Quote[/b] ]I cant be arsed to write any more about this shit so fuck this. readmes are for fags anyway!

rofl.gif

Hi, i've noticed that the Desert SF's seem to show the BIS NVG's

at some distance (3rd or 4th LOD) missplaced to the left and above

the head height at some distance, i think that was the SF Medic(H)

the one that i sow displaying this bug, i don't know about the others,

i've just seen it right now, and they don't seem to throw nades too

but they can put satchels... (using the orders on the AI) so i don't

know, i just say what i've seen for if it helps. Let's C ya

Hi, the NVG's missplaced bug, seems to be pressent in every unit,

i've also found another small bug, when i was at 65m from the

(W)SF T.Leader H, it shown an ammo pouch (for two mags) behind

one of his legs and after kill him, he shown the NVG's bug while the

pouch bug remained in the same possition; here is a pic:

jonn_sf_bug.jpg

That's what i seen; but i don't know if the pouch bug is pressent in

the rest of the units. Let's C ya

i really appreciate the fact that people are still playing with my units, and moreover pointing out all the bugs they can find.

However i am busy with work at the moment so the chance that i fix them before arma2 is beeing released is fairly low. Sorry

smile_o.gif

no excuses. kthnxbai.

Understandable mate. smile_o.gif

i really appreciate the fact that people are still playing with my units, and moreover pointing out all the bugs they can find.

However i am busy with work at the moment so the chance that i fix them before arma2 is beeing released is fairly low. Sorry

smile_o.gif

In Brazil EVERYONE play with your units jonny !!!!

biggrin_o.gif

Hi, infact... i only play with your units; the USMC V1.6 replacement

and the woodland SF's Replacement. I will not play ArmA no more if don't

were for your units, they're what keep me playing with the game. Let's C ya

Hi, i've found another bug, the (W) SF T.Leader (L) don't uses the

custom faces on the arms:

jonn_sf_bug_01.jpg

And there's a small space between that back (booth in the USMC

units and the SF's that use it) pack and it's straps. Let's C ya

hey,

Because a lot of people still keep asking me for the editable files of my army sf's i am just going to put them here. The files include the .psd's and mlod p3d's. Feel free to use / edit them for your own arma1 or arma2 addon.

Remember that i did this stuff two years ago so a lot of stuff is not really of high quality. They were made for ArmA1 so you might have to do some changes in order to get them running in A2.

Also please give me credits when you use my stuff in your addon. Thanks

http://suckysuckylongtime.com/jonny/armysf_psd.7z

http://suckysuckylongtime.com/jonny/armysf_p3d.7z

Edited by Johannes

Hello.

I' d like to download the editable files, but the link is down. Anybody got a valid one?

Thanks in advance.

I can't get the models to show up in game. No matter what I do. I know it's the models, because I've used a cpp from another addon that works. I replaced the names and such and it still won't show up in the armory or on the list of units (in the editor).

I've been trying for 2 says to figure it out before I came on here. I'm all out of options. Any ideas?

Hello.

When i start buldozer with one of these models loaded in visitor, i get an error message that says "cannot load texture ca\ characters\hhl\hhl_22_co.paa", and the models show up untextured.

I assume that it' s normal, but i' m asking just in case.

Thanks in advance.

Yes it is normal because you didn't the folder ca\characters \HHL in your virtual drive P: ;)