stgn

M4's for weapon Individualism

Both excelent model and textures, great job! By the way: I see a small green visor up the weapon, its a reflex? I dont know why but I think you will say me Cobra.

shtmlfs.jpg

Click me

Say hallo to my little friend!

-and the most ridicules addition to this addon.

Next Beta is almost ready.

@ LT. Drake J.

Its a Trijicon Reflex sight, go back a page or two to see close ups.

STGN

Thanks STGN.

By the way: Nice Reflex sights, very detailed, and, how many variants of the weapon are going to come when you release?

Edited by LT. Drake Jackson

There will be 24 different models of which 6 is CQBR's in this release.

STGN

STGNSOPMOD v0.98

stgnpromos.jpg

^click

sopmodposters.jpg

^Click

Download here:

STGNSOPMOD v0.98 4.67 mb download (filefront)

STGN

Edited by STGN

Some errors :

In your config you made a typo there :

muzzles[]={"STGNSOPMODACOGMKMuzzle","STGNMKACOGMuzzle"};
class STGNSOPMODACOGMKMuzzle: STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOG{};

class STGNACOGMKMuzzle: Grenadelauncher

in muzzles you have STGNMKACOGMuzzle , but after you call that class STGNACOGMKMuzzle , so it creates an error message ingame. It should be :

muzzles[]={"STGNSOPMODACOGMKMuzzle","STGNMKACOGMuzzle"};
class STGNSOPMODACOGMKMuzzle: STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOG{};

class STGNMKACOGMuzzle: Grenadelauncher

Then you have the class CfgPatches wrong, leading in a error message with the test mission

Instead of

class CfgPatches
{
class STGNSOPMODM4A1
{
	units[] = {STGNSOPMODM4A1soldier};
	weapons[] = {STGNSOPMODM4A1};
	requiredVersion = 1.85;
};

};

you should have

class CfgPatches
{
class STGNSOPMODM4A1
{
	units[] = {STGNSOPMODM4A1soldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1SDsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOGsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOGSDsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1RFXsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1RFXSDsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1M203soldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1M203SDsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOGM203soldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOGM203SDsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1RFXM203soldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1RFXM203SDsoldier,STGNSOPMODCQBRsoldier,STGNSOPMODCQBRSDsoldier,STGNSOPMODCQBRACOGsoldier,STGNSOPMODCQBRACOGSDsoldier,STGNSOPMODCQBRRFXsoldier,STGNSOPMODCQBRRFXSDsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1MKsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1MKSDsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOGMKsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOGMKSDsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1RFXMKsoldier,STGNSOPMODM4A1RFXMKSDsoldier};
	weapons[] = {STGNSOPMODM4A1,STGNSOPMODM4A1M203,STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOG,STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOGM203,STGNSOPMODM4A1RFX,STGNSOPMODM4A1RFXM203,STGNSOPMODM4A1SD,STGNSOPMODM4A1M203SD,STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOGSD,STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOGM203SD,STGNSOPMODM4A1RFXSD,STGNSOPMODM4A1RFXM203SD,STGNSOPMODM4A1MK,STGNSOPMODM4A1MKSD,STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOGMK,STGNSOPMODM4A1ACOGMKSD,STGNSOPMODM4A1RFXMK,STGNSOPMODM4A1RFXMKSD,STGNSOPMODCQBR,STGNSOPMODCQBRSD,STGNSOPMODCQBRACOG,STGNSOPMODCQBRACOGSD,STGNSOPMODCQBRRFX,STGNSOPMODCQBRRFXSD};
	requiredVersion = 1.85;
};

};

And ideally, defined the Class CfgModels after the class CfgPatches instead of before.

Now the demo mission can't work because you have in the mission.sqm :

addOns[]=
{
	"STGNSOPMODM4A1M203",
	"stgnsopmodm4a1",
	"bis_resistance"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"STGNSOPMODM4A1M203",
	"stgnsopmodm4a1",
	"bis_resistance"
};

the name of your addon Cfgpatches is

STGNSOPMODM4A1

So in your mission.sqm, this part should be

addOns[]=
{
	"STGNSOPMODM4A1",
	"bis_resistance"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"STGNSOPMODM4A1",
	"bis_resistance"
};

to work with the released addon.

With these fixes, the mission and addon can work correctly (i tested).

here is the fixed config.cpp for your addon, and the fixed mission :

http://www.filefront.com/15868129/tyt.rar

Edited by Sanctuary

I have updated the download links to a version which hopefully works. Very sorry that one slipped through testing.

STGN

Very nice addon; I like the nitty-gritty sounds which sound realistic (vs. Hollywood-realistic).

I also love the ironsights/optics; there is one problem though: Other weapons need to be adjusted to have the same lack of zoom when using iron sights/reflex, or to have the same reduced field of view for optics like the ACOG.

Btw. I like the reduced FOV; the only addon I remember that has done it like this, was an early M4 pack from SJB.

In the readme you have written there was something special with the recoil? I somehow think that the recoil is a bit weak (though firing on Full Auto is fun!), but in the end, it isn't possible to simulate recoil in OFP right.

I have also a question: Are you going to make a later of version of this with merged textures?

Thanks for this nice addon!

Thank you for the feed back.

I know the problem with optics zoom I am working on cpps for other weapons so they will be in line with my M4s, i am also gonna add a JAM specific config and maybe A BIS zoom config.

That text in the readme on recoil is old(as noted), although the recoil is "special" in that it is timed to realistically follow the cycling of the bolt carrier, and it cycles differently in semi and full auto, in Semi auto i cycles about 50 pr min slower to simulate the friction between the bolt carrier and the top round in the magazine(auto is so fast that the next round does not manage to come to the top before the carrier starts traveling backwards) this causes a lower bolt speed which results in a little less recoil and muzzle rise, semi auto is one of the ar15's advantages because its very easy to shoot semi auto, the high cycle rate though makes it ill suited for automatic fire because its too difficult to control, I think my addon simulates this pretty well. That is also partly the reason for the "weak" recoil if you know how too hold the weapon while shooting it has very little muzzle movement, however my recoil is longer than most common and the muzzle rise first stops when the bolt lock in battery this makes shooting more difficult in my experience especially combined with the low zoom. Recoil is also tailored to barrel length and use of suppressor. The CQBR due to its short barrel there is not enough barrel i front of the gas port to make it cycle if the gas port was M4 size so it has been enlarged quit a bit which makes it recoil stronger, in real life this also shortens the life of the components allot, the short service life of the CQBR is the reason the HK416 got requested and adopted by tier 1 special forces. Adding a suppressor(this is a standard M4A1 I am talking about not other weapons) has two opposite effects first it works as a muzzle break trapping the gases coming out the barrel this softens recoil but at the same time it creates backwards pressure forcing more gas down the gas tube to cycle the bolt carrier which speeds up the cycling and increases the force the carrier has, coming back making recoil stronger I try to simulate this by making the recovery time from muzzle rise longer. On the CQBR the cycling speed is really high with a suppressor due to the large gas port.

Yes I plan on merging textures in the 1.0 release as it is right now its just easier to work with 512x512 textures and theres still a few faces that need proper textures.

STGN

Thank you for the feed back.

I know the problem with optics zoom I am working on cpps for other weapons so they will be in line with my M4s, i am also gonna add a JAM specific config and maybe A BIS zoom config.

Yeah, it's not your addon's fault, it's the fault of the others! :)

Do you know of any sound mod, or sound collection (perhaps for JAM) were weapons have the same sound style as your addon? (I think RHS weapons come close to that style)

That text in the readme on recoil is old(as noted), although the recoil is "special" in that it is timed to realistically follow...

Ok, I give up; it sounds like you have put a lot of thought into this.

Yes I plan on merging textures in the 1.0 release as it is right now its just easier to work with 512x512 textures and theres still a few faces that need proper textures.

That's great to hear!

Btw. just one more nice thing I noted: Most of addons that feature a M433 vest have the M203 reload automatically. I love the fact that you have to actually reload the M203, contrary to those addons.

Yeah, it's not your addon's fault, it's the fault of the others! :)

Do you know of any sound mod, or sound collection (perhaps for JAM) were weapons have the same sound style as your addon? (I think RHS weapons come close to that style)

Ok, I give up; it sounds like you have put a lot of thought into this.

That's great to hear!

Btw. just one more nice thing I noted: Most of addons that feature a M433 vest have the M203 reload automatically. I love the fact that you have to actually reload the M203, contrary to those addons.

1: Yeah thats right;)

Honestly the guns right now are just configed pretty much like I want them, to suit my "dream" "realistic inspired" gameplay, I am slowly working on a small MOD. But I hope that others wanna use them too so I am gonna add cpp's which will suit other game play styles/feel.

No sorry I have just been searching youtube for good quality sound bits and used audacity to do the recording and editing, would love to have a sound pack with sounds that sounded like these for all guns.

I really like the reload every shot M203 too but it has the drawback of not being able to remove grenades from the map menu so standard grenades and vests will be included

Nice work! Had a quick test of these. Great details and the sounds are good too, particularly the m203 shot.

It's too bad that shoots from other weapons addons doesn' t sounds like yours M4. Sound is so much realistic as it can be in this game. Don't you ever think about make any sound addon? ;)

Thanks for the comments!

About sounds, I do plan on finding sounds for other weapons but I am not planing a sound modification too big a project right now, lets hope Chammy finishes his.

STGN

Great work, thanks!

Two things, though. Magazines (clips) for Masterkey are not shown in gear menu, but if you wanted that, then OK (and shame that this little cannon can't be used in OFP proper way... To 'open' doors...). Second, and sorry because this is very stupid question but I'm M4 noob, is there any difference between M4 SOPMOD and CQBR?

Thanks again, and good luck!

Great work, thanks!

Two things, though. Magazines (clips) for Masterkey are not shown in gear menu, but if you wanted that, then OK (and shame that this little cannon can't be used in OFP proper way... To 'open' doors...). Second, and sorry because this is very stupid question but I'm M4 noob, is there any difference between M4 SOPMOD and CQBR?

Thanks again, and good luck!

Thank you!

I know about the Shotgun magazines, its because they are configured the same way as the M433 grenades, I am gonna change that or add visible magazines in the future. I am also gonna make a regular(scatter) shotgun shells for it.

SOPMOD M4: Special Operations Peculiar MODification to the M4 Carbine, SOPMOD is basically all the attachments, like scopes/sights, lasers, lights etc. CQBR: Close Quarter Battle Receiver, this is an upper receiver you can put on your M4 lower receiver when you need a very short carbine, it has a 10,3" barrel compared to 14,5" which is the regular M4 length, a CQBR can use most SOPMOD accessories. Today its known as the Mk18 which is its Navy name. In game the differences are: lower lethality/damage, faster swing(dexterity), stronger recoil compared to regular M4.

STGN

Very nice work.

A little thing though, in the unit selection you wrote granadier instead of grenadier.

Thank you, I will correct that.

STGN

aimpoint.jpg

A model I made many years ago which I have poly reduced quit a bit and started texturing. It will not be transparent like the reflex because you can't see through it in first person view so I am saving the polys. It will most likely have a QRP mount when done.

STGN

Edited by STGN

I have not tried it yet so I don't know? My computer is not capable and a new comp is not on the top of things too get right now.

STGN

I love these weapons, probably the most detailed weapons in OFP :)

Hi STGN, will there be any WGL configs for Your nice weapons set?