Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

I am waiting to pick up my new Mac in a matter of days. Should be interesting to see how it runs. It's a 27" screen, but lower end bits- 3.06hz intel core2duo radeon hd 4670 256MB

Anyone got any experience of how it runs?

I was considering purchasing this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227217

Would it be playable on that? I know Id have to upgrade the graphics card to play it to ita full potential but how would it be on that? I dont really have too much money to spend

Dont expect the game to run well on that machine, the AthlonII has been stripped of its L3 cache memory to make it cheap. In games and in multitasking the phenom II dualcore will be faster then the athlon II quad.

If you're going to buy a system get a phenom II or core i5-750, a proper psu and an ati 5770 or another recent $140-ish videocard

Dont expect the game to run well on that machine, the AthlonII has been stripped of its L3 cache memory to make it cheap. In games and in multitasking the phenom II dualcore will be faster then the athlon II quad.

If you're going to buy a system get a phenom II or core i5-750, a proper psu and an ati 5770 or another recent $140-ish videocard

Noted. Thank you very much

Hello !

Soon I will buy a new computer , but still not have decided for the GPU.

Im between 4890 vs HD 5850 and im reading and getting confused:confused:.

I have a 19" monitor and not planning to buy a bigger one maybe at max 20".

Considering i will play at 1280x1024 is the 4890 maybe the better alternative?

Would this be enough for ARMA2?

I dont want to throw money without taking full advantage of the power of my GPU.

:confused:

Hello !

I dont want to throw money without taking full advantage of the power of my GPU.

5850 hands down

Hello !

I'd also get the 5850, unless you can get the 4890 for half the price or something. The 5850 is newer, a bit faster, but it also has directx 11 and uses only 18Watt when idle, the 4890 is closer to 100 Watt idle I think. Those cards are both a lot faster then my 8800gtx.

Arma 2 will take full advantage of any (single) gpu. You can put postprocessing, anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering on full. Then you can put the game on 200% rendering (doubling rendered resolution and then downsizing to screen resolution, for an ultra-sharp image). If I do this then the game doesn't even start anymore :D and it will bring any card to its knees.

Double this!!!:D

I have the Phenom 965 black and 5770 and I get 40-50fps on the benchmarks with everything on HIGH except terrain, AA, and PP effects. This is like $500 in parts for a pc that plays this game on HIGH settings people!:yay: Occasional stuttering and pop in cant be avoided until further streaming optimization on BIS's end.:rolleyes:

will these specs work on arma 2 Cooler Master Centurion 590

CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 (4 x 2.66 GHZ) 1333FSB - 4 MB

Motherboard Asus P5N-D S/L 1333FSB (NVIDIA 750i) (Includes 2 Free Games)

Memory 4GB PC-6400 800 MHZ (2 x 2 GB) (DDR2)

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 - 1 GB - DVI/VGA/HDMI (Asus) (Includes Free Space Simulator & WOW Games)

Power Supply OCZ 600W Stealth XStream - Low Noise - (Includes 5 Free Games - Order Today Before 11:59 PM)

Hard Drive 1 250 GB SATA-II HDD UDMA 300 7200 8MB

Optical Drive 1 Samsung (S222A) DVD PLUS/-RW 22x Dual Layer - Black (IDE)

Sound Card Motherboard Integrated 5.1 Sound

Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)

USB Ports 4 X USB 2.0 Ports

CPU Heatsink Speeze QuadroFlow VIII - Low Noise

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT (Genuine DVD & COA Included)

Security Software No Security Software Included

Backup Solution Standard Operating System Backup

Hey guys, I was looking at purchasing this in hopes that I can run Arma II in high settings. I would appreciate knowing if this will be possible and/or I need to change or upgrade some things.

Dell Studio XPS 9000:

Intel® Core™ i7-960 processor(8MB L3 Cache, 3.2GHz)

Windows® 7 Professional, 64bit,

12GB Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 6 DIMMs

1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive

ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5

Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

will these specs work on arma 2 Cooler Master Centurion 590

CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 (4 x 2.66 GHZ) 1333FSB - 4 MB

Motherboard Asus P5N-D S/L 1333FSB (NVIDIA 750i) (Includes 2 Free Games)

Memory 4GB PC-6400 800 MHZ (2 x 2 GB) (DDR2)

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 - 1 GB - DVI/VGA/HDMI (Asus) (Includes Free Space Simulator & WOW Games)

Power Supply OCZ 600W Stealth XStream - Low Noise - (Includes 5 Free Games - Order Today Before 11:59 PM)

Hard Drive 1 250 GB SATA-II HDD UDMA 300 7200 8MB

Optical Drive 1 Samsung (S222A) DVD PLUS/-RW 22x Dual Layer - Black (IDE)

Sound Card Motherboard Integrated 5.1 Sound

Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)

USB Ports 4 X USB 2.0 Ports

CPU Heatsink Speeze QuadroFlow VIII - Low Noise

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT (Genuine DVD & COA Included)

Security Software No Security Software Included

Backup Solution Standard Operating System Backup

What is your budget mate? If you tell us how much you intend to spend you could end up with a much, much better system. The one above would work, but it wouldn't run arma 2 on any high settings unfortunately.

Hey guys, I was looking at purchasing this in hopes that I can run Arma II in high settings. I would appreciate knowing if this will be possible and/or I need to change or upgrade some things.

Dell Studio XPS 9000:

Yep, that will run Arma 2 nicely :)

omg lol. You are going to spend over double what you need to for that money.

Go here, this guy is a great dealer, the cheapest you will ever get without building it yourself, I have bought from him many times :)

Make sure you buy a PC marked in the "Gaming pc" range!

It is listed in order of price, highest first. Make sure you scroll through the different pages :)

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/EasyPC-Ltd_Gamers-System_W0QQ_fsubZ10912861QQ_scZ1QQ_sidZ56181352QQ_sopZ16QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14?_pgn=2

Gots an question about vid card. We all know that ArmA 2 LOD is not the best, but would just getting an new vid card make it to where the trees are not popping in and out when you get close to them? Or how the vehicles wheels at an distance look square? Its like when you get close to vehicles they finlay pop into forum of what there post to be looking like. Gots an nice 9800 GT runs very good but im having them issues with trees, vehicles just popping into view with the square tires and all.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Gots an question about vid card. We all know that ArmA 2 LOD is not the best, but would just getting an new vid card make it to where the trees are not popping in and out when you get close to them? Or how the vehicles wheels at an distance look square? Its like when you get close to vehicles they finlay pop into forum of what there post to be looking like. Gots an nice 9800 GT runs very good but im having them issues with trees, vehicles just popping into view with the square tires and all.

Most people agree a lot of the problem is hard disc speed. Arma streams through 8 gigs of data as you move around chernarus. That said a 9800gt might be a tad slow.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Dell Studio XPS 9000:

Good to see you take my advice. Arma 2 won't even touch 10 of those gigs of ram you have. And other than that you are spending way too much all around for a game that can only run so well anyway. $700 is the absolute most you should have to spend to get high settings. You can only go up to a certain point until you are limited by your HD.

Would the new iMacs be good do you think?

27" 3.06hz intel core2duo radeon hd 4670 256MB

How do they compare to the stuff you are discussing, I haven't got a clue when it comes to rigs

Would the new iMacs be good do you think?

27" 3.06hz intel core2duo radeon hd 4670 256MB

How do they compare to the stuff you are discussing, I haven't got a clue when it comes to rigs

For gpu's I look at the gpu hierarchy chart. Not an absolute truth of course but it's a good guesstimate. Considering the performance of my 8800gtx I wouln't want to go another 3 rows down.

As for cpu's a high-clocked core2duo (3ghz or so) will be good enough. But for arma 2: more=better. an i5-750 is probably the best bang/buck (especially if you overclock). Although the phenomII's are getting really cheap, they're faster then intel core2's clock for clock but a bit slower then a core i5.

The only thing I advise when people are buying a NEW system for arma is make sure you get a phenom II or core i5-750 (the only i5 quadcore). Core2 is being discontinued but if you buy secondhand you can get some good deals right now.

Edited by Leon86

Is overclocking the best first move to increase performance in Arma2?

e8400 core duo running stock 3.0ghz

4870 1 gig

4 gig ram

everything on normal 1680x1050. (still looks good to me though as my eyes are used to xbox graphics)

getting 33 fps on benchmark 1 (lots of stutter though)

17 fps benchmark 2

and some serious bog down in urban areas with many ai

should I look to overclock first ... before other tweaks suggested here?

Edited by andromedagalaxe

Good to see you take my advice. Arma 2 won't even touch 10 of those gigs of ram you have. And other than that you are spending way too much all around for a game that can only run so well anyway. $700 is the absolute most you should have to spend to get high settings. You can only go up to a certain point until you are limited by your HD.

Well Arma 2 is the only game for miles around that comes even romotely close to what I want. With the announcement of invisibility cloaking in the new ghost recon...that was the last straw with console gaming for me..so may as well bite the bullet.

Question: Is 7200 RPMs fast enough to stream this 8Gb of of Chernarus? If not what is

Thank You

my pc: 4400+ x2 (brisbane g2), 6gb ddr2 800 mhz cl5, radeon hd3850

I've ran the benchmarks, the first is at about 21 fps, average (17 at highest graphics, exept aa, 3km visibility, 24 fps at lowest graphics with 1,5km visibilty

The second benchmark mission gives 7 fps average no matter what i set on graphics.

As i see, the cpu is the bottleneck, but i wonder how far is the "end" of the video card?

Question: Is 7200 RPMs fast enough to stream this 8Gb of of Chernarus? If not what is

Thank You

Should be fine. It's only a little stutter here and there and maybe the trees gain another level of detail as you get within 100 meters and they look like they morph a bit. You'd only need 4 gigs of ram as well however the rest of that pc is a tank so you can maybe go for 6.

K so for the problems with the shutters and LODs could be much better with an gtx 260? I just did not see much on the gtx 260s as to the 9800 GT. GTX 275 is much more money, but is it worth the bang for the buck?

If a laptop can power mw2 at hich settings will it power arma 2

Cant say, we need specifications.

Also runs at round about 30 to 60 fps not sure

Intel® Pentium® Processor SU4100 (2M Cache, 1.30 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo SU7300 (1.3GHz, 800 MHz, 3 MB)

Chipset

Mobile Intel® GS45 Chipset

Operating System Options

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64-Bit

Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Memory Options

2GB, 4GB, 8GB DDR37 - 1066MHz

Display Options

11.6-inch WideHD 1366x768 (720p) LCD

TV Tuner Options

USB Digital TV Tuner, TV Tuner with Remote

Software Personalization

Wallpapers

Time Zones

Gadgets

RSS Feeds

Auto Updates

Hard Drive Options

160GB5 5,400RPM

250GB5, 320GB5, 500GB5 - 7,200RPM

256GB5 - Solid State Drive

Bluetooth

Internal Wireless Bluetooth 2.1

Colour Options

Cosmic Black

Lunar Shadow

Video Card Options

1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M

Battery

8 Cell Prismatic (64 whr) - Primary

Dimensions & Weight

Height: 32.7mm (1.29 inches)

Width: 285.7mm (11.25 inches)

Depth: 233.3mm (9.19 inches)

Preliminary Weight: Start at 1.99kg (4.39 lbs)2

Ports

IEEE 1394a (4-pin) port

Integrated Ethernet RJ-45 (100 Mbps)

3 Hi-speed USB 2.0 ports

DP / HDMI - Video Output

3-in-1 Media Card Reader

2 Audio Out Connectors

Audio In / Microphone Jack (retaskable for 5.1 audio)

Two Built-In Front Speakers

Optical Drive Options

External USB Slot-Loading DVD Burner (DVD±RW)

Keyboard

AlienFX® Illuminated Keyboard – Exclusive Design

Audio

Internal High-Definition 5.1 Surround Sound Audio

Network Adapter Options

a/b/g/n 2x2 MIMO

Internal WWAN Mobile Broadband

This are all the specation it is the most powerfull 11 inch laptop out so i hope it will do it i know its a small scren but i want it for holdays

Edited by luke360