Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

No it must be mission maker responsability otherwise it would break lot of things for a minial advantage.

@oxmox

You have to limit these in your own made missions, for testing purposes I like to have this kind of freedom. In a serious game serious players won't jump from tank to jet. For fun playing why you want to restrict these things? For testing purposes I use to jump from a jeep to tank and chopper. In real life you can grab a Javelin and a sniper rifle at the same time, why restrict it by default?

ACE mod already have benefits if you play with the correspondent personnel: pilots have G suits so they stay concious for longer, crews have slight protection from loud sounds and overpressure. Maybe not all infantry can drive a tank around, but who said they always running around in crew suits? Why take away the freedom from the game?

Following this thought we should make realistic simulation for these systems, flight models and such from Lock On, Comanche vs Hokum and other simulations, and things from tank sims like T-72 Balkan on fire and Steel Panthers, so only those would be able to fly an A-10 who could do in Lock On, and those could be the gunner in an Abrams who can handle the laser targeting system properly.

Would be nice but why restrict the use from those who aren't qualified pilots and tank crewmen?

Could someone give me a link to ACEX? I click that Six updater portal and get can't find a link to download it, cheers.

Could someone give me a link to ACEX? I click that Six updater portal and get can't find a link to download it, cheers.

As far as I remember it, you choose option 1, then when the browser opens on the updater page you can select the elements for download. Then you execute.

Limiting things to a certain character model/loadout would ruin some MP game modes like CTI.

I don't really want someone that just crashes a plane or chopper and doesn't know how to use them well just grabbing the pilot slot. (Well, there isn't any pilot slots at the moment)

It would be nice if this is some kind of module so the mission maker can decide whether to turn it on or not.

Okay, it would appear I definitely done this wrong. :j:

I just downloaded the core from Armaholic and put it in the directory like other mods and I figured I was just to put ACEX in there to haha. Help me out? lol

I just downloaded the core from Armaholic and put it in the directory like other mods and I figured I was just to put ACEX in there to haha. Help me out? lol

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Quickstart

This is the correct way ;) And WAAAAAAAAY more up-to-date than the armaholic download, because armaholic only hosts the milesone releases.

Check for my posts a few pages back. I gave a real quick step by step installation and it worked for someone else just installing it. You'll have it up and running in know time.

EDIT:

Here's the 2 posts NouberNou and myself put up a few days ago. It should help.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1553828&postcount=2652

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1554050&postcount=2691

Edited by Manzilla

Manzilla this is how it looks theres the X folder then inside

caa1 and Oac

inside

Caa1

_docs

_keys

ArmA_Campaign_Animations

ArmA_Objects

ArmA_ObjectsCTI

ArmA_PlantsClassic

ArmA_VehicleFeatures

ArmA_Vehicles

ArmA_WorldIntros

ArmA_Worlds

Extra_Worlds

QG_Objects

QG_Worlds

and inside

aoc

oac_core then inside that

addons

doc

key

I just cant get the mod to start I even tried the arma 2 launcher from lone star and checked all the above but it just crashed doesnt even get into arma.

On this page

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cbp-caa1/HowToStartCAA1

under generic modline there seems to be the correct info but it doesnt fit in my targer line.

-mod=X;@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA

If the OAC and CAA1 mods are in a folder named "X" in the main A2 directory(The folder that has @ACE, @ACEX, etc.) then add that folders name to the line. Just the folder in the main A2 directory that contains the CAA1/OAC stuff goes in the target line.

If you can't get the OAC/CAA1 mod to work then your in the wrong thread. Check that thread for installation help if that's what you need.

I disagree that balance should have no place in games

To be fair, I never said this. I said that balancing in Arma is up to the mission designer. People are modding in and adding all kinds of stuff for all factions, there's a huge variety in the capabilities of the different factions depending on what addons you choose to add and play with.

It always has to be up to the mission designer to create a nice, balanced mission. This can be done by the numbers of units involved, the type and amount of equipment allowed etc. Changing the capabilities of units for balancing purposes is never a good thing since they are supposed to be as close to reality as possible.

Of course this is only a game and not reality or a more accurate simulation like Steel Beasts professional (http://www.simhq.com/_land2/land_060a.html) or Battleground Europe (www.battlegroundeurope.com)

I disagree, I don't think these games are overall to be considered more accurate simulations than Arma 2. True, Steel Beasts may have a more real life simulation of tanks, and BE has a much more realistic flight model (since that is the main focus of these games), but there is no game out there with a more realistic simulation of infantry than Arma 2. These games are just focusing the main effort on different things. I would consider all of them to be accurate simulations.

Thanks lads, I appreciate it. :)

It should work just fine. If not let us know. It's a little imposing of a set up at first but you'll see it's a genius way to keep up to date. Matter of fact, the whole damn mod is spectacular!

Enjoy.

"When realism matters"

In my opinion, the mission maker should himself be responsible for creating the balance he wants.

This can be done in in many ways, like giving one side more of something, or giving a tactical advantage of some kind.

Actually, a default OPFOR squad already have more men then a default BLUFOR squad. So, I think a kind of game play balancing is already by default in place in ArmA2.

I think, balance-wise, ArmA2 should be the balanced option. Quite obviously, ACE2 is about BLUFOR gameplay against OPFOR AI in a co-op environment. As such, ACE2 will not be balanced for PvP gameplay as it's not the focus.

In time more stuff will be added for both sides. Our best bet to get stuff added is to politely ask other content makers to make ACE2 compatible stuff or create a side ACEX project like the ACEXPLA stuff. There's no need for the actual ACE2 team to create this stuff when it's already being made by very capable people in this community.

If you ask me it's a waste of the ACE2 dev's time to work on too much new content. Just get other content makers to play along. Obviously it would benefit all. I'd say stuff is more likely to be used if it's compatible with CBA, ACE2, and everything else than if it's not compatible with the other community stuff.

Ahhhh, the essence of the work "community".

ACE2 can most certainly be used fairly (balanced) in a PvP environment, as long as the mission maker takes the strengths and weaknesses of each side into account and prepares his mission accordingly.

Actually, a default OPFOR squad already have more men then a default BLUFOR squad. So, I think a kind of game play balancing is already by default in place in ArmA2.

Ummm, default arma2 OPFOR squad is 12 men and BLURFOR is 13. make sure you place USMC units next time and not US ARMY ;)

Downloading now.

Kudos guys!!

Best regards.

A.C.E Release Candidate, Update #1 Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

Impeccable timing my friend. You guys are good! :)

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

What exactly is this?

Crewserved weapons for AI units disabled by default. To enable AI CSW, place the module in your missions.

If I enable it, how does the AI use CSW's? As a mission maker I'd like to know what I need to do to use it with the AI. I thought this was primarily for MP use and the AI was capable of working together with CSW's.

I'm excited to hear what to do.

Kellys Heroes ACE Servers & YAS Repository updated to b.234

Subscribe to KH-RSS -> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/rss.php

Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL - sponsored by Nat & Whisper (Repo for Islands & other Mods)

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

URLs are case sensitive (ie lowercase & uppercase matters). So make sure the Auto-Config-URL is entered exactly as above, otherwise may result in 404.

YAS users: Do not forget to perform "Delete Extra Files" procedure through YAS after updated.

AddonSync Usage-> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3212

Edited by Cross