Sign in to follow this  
trancemode

ARMA 2 v.1.05 Standalone window server patch?

Are they going to release a standalone server update version of v.1.05

patch for windows?

I see a linux and a client patch

or are they working on it?

or if anyone has the files that would be great :)

well what happens if im just running a server off a different server (dedicated server) and don't have the game installed into that server?

server isn't hosted on my computer.

You wil have to upload the files from an installed game.

All files that the patch updates? The patch edits over 7 gigs worth of files in the addons directory. Is there a more effective way to do this?

Plenty of options:

1. Edit the Registry of your Server to get the Updater working as described here -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1522557&postcount=3

2. 7-Zip the date before uploading saves 2-3GB.

3. Contacting another server-admin that already updated his installation for server2server transfer within minutes.

4. Running a Steam version of ArmA2 on the Server might be also an idea

Plenty of options:

1. Edit the Registry of your Server to get the Updater working as described here -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1522557&postcount=3

2. 7-Zip the date before uploading saves 2-3GB.

3. Contacting another server-admin that already updated his installation for server2server transfer within minutes.

4. Running a Steam version of ArmA2 on the Server might be also an idea

option 1 and 4 you have to have the game installed before tho.

however im just looking for the server "touchfiles".

What did you mean 7zip the date?

The server needs ALL the game files of an fully installed game, no matter if gets uploaded or installed like that one your PC. The Server Exe is needed in ADDITION to it, but for windows its Part of Update 1.05 already. The Linux dedicated server also requires the files from a fully installed game and of course under linux you have no other choice than uploading the (changed) data.

7-zip is just a compression tool, to reduce the amount of (changed) data that needs to be uploaded.

There is no tiny littly 100MB Package just for Hosting, you always need the full data of an installed retail game copy. That´s why I said STEAM is the most comfortable way for Windows-Admins because the game gets downloaded, installed and updated in an easy way. If you don´t have that and also can´t install from DVD remotely, uploading the already installed game from your PC to the server is also a valid way. Editing the Registry like described afterwards might help for future updates to make the Updater work directly on the server like on your PC. If that does not work, uploading changed files by the latest update from your PC to the Server is also working. Compressing the files before helps to reduce the amound data that needs to be updated.

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

providing needed registry informations (with proper path to where server is located) would ensure that patch will work on the server build w/o anyother workaround needed

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1522557&postcount=3

Read that post again, it works easily!

I do not have ArmA2 installed on our 64bit Dedi, it's just a copied folder from my home pc. (yes it took days to upload 8gig).

I did not want to upload the 6.92gig updated files from the 1.05patch.

I followed these instructions:

for 64 bits OS :

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2]

"MAIN"="C:\\GameInstalls\\arma2"

"KEY"=hex:XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,XX,X X,XX

change path and key to yours (check your key on ur own install)

Once I added the above with regedit, I was able to use the 1.05 exe patch.

To simple.