Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Mod 2

Scubaman said that at this state, the wound system doesn't work, he don't even know if it will make it in the first release.

Purely based on what ace1 was like.

1. The system will be redesigned from scratch, as said before.

2. You posted in the ACE1 project on dev-heaven. ACE2 is not accessible yet to public. SO i guess that is ok for now

3. feedback is welcome, but bear in mind that scripting has its own limitations

I see a difference between a suggestion (which is directed at some future development) and feedback (which is a comment on something which already exists).

In my opinion voting on suggestions makes sense because it may influence the development process at an early stage. Trying to change something based on feedback is often more difficult.

It was not my intention to complain about something which has not even been published yet. If it is too early to discuss the wounding feature in ace2, then its probably best to disregard the discussion at this point in time.

My copy of dev-heaven post:

Looks like you didn't uderstand me. I mean that if somebody wants this "advanced wound system" he can enable it in the settings. And if not - disable and have a chance to die from a single bullet:)))

The thing that really pisses me of is that soldiers in ACE1 were like "T-800"'s that could fight,run etc after 5 hits:))) So the system will be redesigned? Great! I hope that it won't have such problems as in ACE1:)

Is it done yet?

Yep, just search for it in google, you will find it :p

Is it done yet?

Check the thread. This has been answered a million times. It's done when it's done.

I have a question. In the Developers' opinions, what "percentage" of A.C.E. is done? I don't care so much as when it's going to be done, I want to know how much has been done. :)

I have a suggestion, i saw here (http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/ace-mod) that you have "Loading dead into vehicles" This caused me to remember when i was sometimes playing as a medic, and trying to arrange medevacs on some missions. How about being able to load someone wounded, and not having him fall out of the vehicle when he dies, but instead send a message to those in the vehicle that he is dead, or critical, so that medics may attend to him. This would open up a whole new world for medic fans such as me, i could now have a pilot working with me extracting wounded and taking care of them on the way back to the base where perhaps there would be a field hospital where they could be fully healed (so players won't have to wait until they get better :P). I always found that there was a certain atmosphere to helping the wounded and simulating medevacs and such, and now that I'm remembering all this stuff i remember the intensity of getting to someone that was injured before he died, and helping him, or being injured myself and trying to get help.

PS. I just watched the features videos, and there was one thing that didn't seem right, the gas mask sound and overlay while in first person. I know this is alpha, but i have a gas mask, and while wearing it it doesn't reduce my FOV that drastically, it's more like blurred edges, and i don't hear myself breathing that loud (although that is kind of cool), only when i run with it on (btw that is also really, really uncomfortable..) do i hear myself breathing almost that loud. This is only meant as a suggestion, not as criticism :) as i think you guys are doing a wonderful job, and it seems many people here don't realize that you're putting your own free time into this.

Edited by stebbi92

Alpha-Kilo: In my opinion voting on suggestions makes sense because it may influence the development process at an early stage.

I dont know. This is a bit arrogant - to me. You are correct in saying this if it has to do with BIS or some other product you paid for. However ACE2 is developed by gamers and regular people that do it on their spare time, and for someone to put up votes and trying to add people to these votes without asking the team if thats ok or even knowing how the ACE2 functions will work is just a bit whack - to me. Maybe you have to had been part of a bigger addon's creation from idea to finished product to really understand how much work it is. And to see all the people involved and how often they dont have time to sit in front of the computer to create as they have wifes, kids, want to play themselves, train, shop, work etc etc etc.

Im sure your intentions are good. I dont doubt that, but it feels many times like some doesnt seem to grasp how addons are made, and by whom they are made. This is again people that want to bring the game to new heights, and they do it because they want it. Not because we crave it. We are damn lucky to recieve it for free (IMO anyway). Not saying we cant give them ideas - that we do all the time anyway lol. But it kinda seems like a bad idea to make votings for how the ACE2 team are supposed to create their mod - by people that have nothing to do with the development, and that have nada insight so far in how the parts work.

I guess you already started your voting so i wish you luck. I will keep myself out of votings for this though until i have the first ACE2 running on my pc. As only by then i can have a real opinion on how things are, and be able to give ideas on how it could be improved. Im sure there will be a bunch of beta's this time around as well so there should be room for ideas and improvements once its out. Remember - it might be awesome right off the bat. We just dont know that yet. ;)

Alex

If guys aren't wearing eye-protection, sure enough, they're eyes are gonna blur, but with the tactical glasses/eyeware worn by many on the ground, as seen here, http://www.esseyepro.com/Military-and-Tactical_1_category.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=Military+Eyewear , I don't know why it's so important for the mod team to focus on the blurring sight effects, after all, this is modern day combat, not WW II, Korea, or 'NAM, where eye=protection wasn't worn by our soldiers as prominently as they are today.

Oh my, look what i found on that website, are we going to have those ingame too? :p

http://www.esseyepro.com/Asian-Fit-Series_110_category.html

Goggles

There are a number of masks and eyewear you can use during gameplay. Using this feature requires some setup in the ACE user config.

* Balaklava.

* Gas Masks.

* Tactical googles. To protect you from dust kicked up by weapons fire or engine wash.

* Sunglasses.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2

No mention on what brands though. I want my Bolle X800t :)

I was reading the list of features(http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2) and thought...

Sandbags

... You are also able to build sandbags while prone or kneeling, but in these stances it takes more time. ...

Shouldn't this be corrected so that when kneeling, it will take the least time to build?

I can't imagine someone filling up a sandbag while standing up right in real life. :D

I was reading the list of features(http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2) and thought...

Shouldn't this be corrected so that when kneeling, it will take the least time to build?

I can't imagine someone filling up a sandbag while standing up right in real life. :D

Umm since sandbags are usually filled with the aid of a shovel I would say they have it correct.

balaclava is a term for a ski mask - named after a battle in the crimean war.