The camo itself is very good, but the units need moar variation to make it perfect.

You better release a new version soon :p

Thanks for the comments again and for the mirrors for the replacement addOn. My website has been updated with the provided mirrors again for you to download.

@-=anders=-

Yes, apparently BIS got inspiration to Lopotev from Behind Enemy Lines, just like many other game developers too. Does anyone know if that's somekind of joke or something? :p

@Cole

When it's done. ;)

@All

I took the comments about the helmet into account and tried to rework on it a little. It's based on the SLA helmet from ArmA. Just a little reshaped and recolored to represent the Russian Ssh68 steel helmet, which, apparently, the original helmet was representing. I don't know if it looks any better now, but personally I think it's a big improvement quality wise:

helm1.th.jpg helm2.th.jpg

Click to enlarge

The sharpest persons might also notice the lack of the load bearing vests with the soldiers. That's another variant of them I was planning. It's not a big chance, but hey, it's variety.

O yeah, Vladimir Mashkov is a good russian actor. "Piranha" (2006).

pirahna0.th.jpg

60752013.th.jpg

@Cole

When it's done. ;)

ragek.png

The helmets do look a lot better now.

New helmets are rockin out! :D

Would it be possible to make the uniforms a tiny bit more faded/dirty? It might just be me but they seem a tiny bit shiny and new. But that's nitpicking, they're truely awesome! :)

I've never been good at making worn or dirty look on cloth textures, but I could always give it a try and improve it a little. Thanks for the feedback.

N/P. Seriously though its probably not worth worrying about.

I remember when I was tweaking the textures or my Arma copy of QG to make the partisan types look a little more worn I just did a lighten/desaturate in Photoshop, its quick & dirty but it makes them look a little more worn at least.

Mind you my knowledge about texturing would be about 5/8ths of fuckall and you're the dude who made these in the first place so I'm sure you knew all that already. :)

I'll be soon releasing what I've done so far, so you don't need to wait forever because of my lazyness and also because of the little error message in the mission editor, caused by the ARMA 2 patch v.1.04 with my addOn. The update will contain those new helmets which I showed earlier and also the soldiers with rolled up sleeves for a little bit of variation. I've also done some other slight optimizing and improving on the models and textures. This will, however, not probably be the last update - I'm still not fully satisfied with the addOn and I'm hoping to update it even more and maybe add some more different looking content into it.

At the moment I'm looking for some translators for a few displaynames for some unique unit classes, which BIS doesn't have translations for on their stringtable files. I've got most of the translations sorted out so far, but I'm still missing some Italian, Polish, Russian and Hungarian translations. If you can speak any of the mentioned languages and would be able to help, please contact me and I'll send what needs translating. Just a few tiny lines. :)

Edited by Rellikki

Bump. Still looking for those translators. :help: Read the post above for more info.

cra12sb.jpg

Click to enlarge

Edited by Rellikki

rellikki man.....im italian but im newppa with internet coms....also i ask you:why are these units a "replacement" instead of "addon"?i mean,if i install them i will miss the original units,i d like to have more units to add to my game not replacements....am i wrong??btw i said thank you however for this.....

The replacement addOn is optional and by default these units are just a seperate addition in the mission editor, just like any other addOn. :) So no, they won't replace default units, unless you install the optional replacement addOn.

I will contact you and we'll see if we can work something out.

idk if u received my pm's....back on topic did u mean i have to avoid some files of your addon?

Thanks for the translations.

You only need to avoid downloading the archieve named Relli_CRA_repl. That's what contains the replacement addOn. Do not download and install that, unless you want the original game models replaced. If you've already installed it, simply remove the relli_cra_repl.pbo file from your addOns folder.

Download the archieve named Relli_CRA. That's what contains the addOn itself, no replacements. You can find it from my website under "Mirrors:". I hope you understand it now. :)

Thanks for the translations.

You only need to avoid downloading the archieve named Relli_CRA_repl. That's what contains the replacement addOn. Do not download and install that, unless you want the original game models replaced. If you've already installed it, simply remove the relli_cra_repl.pbo file from your addOns folder.

Download the archieve named Relli_CRA. That's what contains the addOn itself, no replacements. You can find it from my website under "Mirrors:". I hope you understand it now. :)

yes now...im noob but my brain works,thx.i didnt install it yet cos im scared,im totally new to the mod's world but i wonder about all the awesome addons i see around and im planning to install 30 or more of them so i will die of heart attack due to uncompatibility

Thanks for your thoughts. Also thanks to Banderas for Hungarian translations. Only Russian left now. :) If you can speak Russian and would be able to help, please contact me. See this post for more info.

Error

This addon doesn't exist anymore or haven't been added.

The links on your site to aa.info seem to be broken.

The problem is this. The links on your site don't have the game tag in it.

So if you did not select arma II on the site itself, it assumes arma I and does not find em.

Here's the update finally.

cra11sb.jpg cra12sb.jpg

Major changes are as follows:

- Added some variency between the characters

- Improved textures and models

- New classes: APC Crewman, Tank Crewman and Pilot

- Fixed the faction error caused in the game patch v.1.04

This update contains those new helmets and soldiers with rolled up sleeves which I've been showing, to add some variency to the characters. I've also improved the textures and models generally some bit too.

As per special request from Cole, I've made two configs for the addOn: English config and multilanguage config. The reason for this slightly weird system is to support owners of non-multilanguage ARMA 2 copy, who wish to use this addOn with English displaynames, but cannot set it in the game's options.

I'd like to thank all the translators (listed below), who helped me to translate the units' displaynames into all the game's official languages in the multilanguage config and also to correct some of the vanilla game translations.

The archieve also contains an optional replacement addOn, which replaces the original OPFOR insurgent troops (ChDKZ) with my addOn.

More info in the readme.

Credits:

- BIS, Ebud and CWR Mod for the base models and textures

- Aelin, Benoist, Cervo, Cole, Diversant, Old Bear, SaS TrooP and The.D for translations of the displaynames to different languages

Download link:

Chernarussian Red Army troops (v.1.0)

Please report any bugs or issues you find. Don't forget to post your general thoughts too. :)

Edited by Rellikki

Thank you Rellikki! Also, thank you for the double config on Coles request. I'm kind of annoyed when I have to read everything in German sometimes :S. At any rate, thanks for the update! Downloading now.

Looks awesome, Rellikki! Love the rolled up sleeves and new helmets. Significant improvement over the previous version. I also really like the new crewmen. All-in-all, excellent job! Looking forward to seeing what you produce in the future.