Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

CBA: Community Base Addons public release!

Are you able to put _logic into vehicle cargo with above code?

If not, we could try to find the issue or create our own logic-alike object.

Cannot place a logic into cargo with createUnit or createVehicleLocal.

CBA v0.1.1: Hotfix

Key Changes

• FIXED: Significant script slowdowns
  • FIXED: Default events for BIS classes disable extended events on those classes.

Full documentation is available at DevHeaven.

Download

The addons, manual, functions reference and complete sources are included in the release.

ok.. did my best to break it.... but i couldn't.. the hotfix works great.

tested it on SP,MP,MP dedicated with low amount of ai/humans and a large scale test.

the lost key dialogs come up instantly as it used to.

cheers for all the hard work sickboy and cba crew.

: )

Very very nice indeed. All these additional functions, really sweet. And XEH, finally! You guys did an awesome job in adding substantial value to ARMA, chapeau! :)

VictorFarbau

PS: Time to port VFAI. Will take some time to test all aspects in Arma 2.

what is the empty "Key Management" section under features in the wiki?

anything to do with "custom keys" in A2 ingame settings?

Cheers Victor! Looking forward to your projects!

what is the empty "Key Management" section under features in the wiki?

anything to do with "custom keys" in A2 ingame settings?

Heya, altough we are evaluating the "custom keys", atm the key management is about custom keys set in an external config file. (We're working on YAML support)

There is some docu left to be made for that part, which I will do soon :)

(http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/files/events/fnc_addKeyHandlerFromConfig-sqf.html)

Created a ticket http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2718 for future tracking.

Edited by Sickboy

Looking good guys, keep up the awesome work, at the moment I can't see a use for it, but that will change within weeks I'm sure (maybe even days).

I'll be definitely checking it out today when I get home.

Nice work and great concept lads!

/KC

CBA_fnc_addKeyHandler should accept an array as keys

my example;

[(actionKeys "nightVision"), [false, false, false], { _this call S_NVG_togglekey }] call CBA_fnc_addKeyHandler;

i can work around this easily by doing a foreach, but it's not really optimal

also, i get spammed with this in my RPT

0:01:12.288 [x\cba\addons\events\fnc_keyHandler.sqf:34] WARNING: Nil result from handler.

also, won't carry over savegames :)

is the next release still weeks off, or should i wait for it?

Edited by sholio

Savegames; mentioned in your thread, we will look into :)

Multikeys; we could hack this into the keyHandler, however, altough not fully implemented yet, we've created an actionHandler aswell. This one was intended to supply the functionality, while keyHandler would only handle single keys, with shift/ctrl/alt combinations.

I think Spooner had multi-key support back in SPON so I guess we can take a look at what we can puzzle together ;)

Release 0.2 is set for in a few weeks, but i'll see what I can do.

Edited by Sickboy

Yes, key event handlers should always return true/false. The real problem with this report is it is a bit vague and doesn't refer to the handler that returned the bad value (as it couldn't). Personally, I dislike making it idiot-proof (where ANYTHING except "true" is counted as a false result) because that just hides the truth and still allows you to pass the wrong value by accident (that is, you have a variable that is 5, when you wanted it to be true. By complaining that the handler MUST return true/false, it catches this problem. Assuming 5 is "false" hides an error from the user and since I think a lot of the woes in SQF are caused by BIS ignoring errors rather than dealing with them in a rigorous way, I want to keep this as it is. The warning should be made a lot clearer though...

Regarding action-key support, I did have it in SPON, but not in the released version. CBA is getting a lot of the unfinished stuff that was in SPON Core but I lost enthusiasm A1 a lot in the last year. Some sort of merge might make sense, as this work is already partially done.

Here's hoping the 'tingly feeling' is back now Spooner !

This is seriously good work on the CBA. It should be made COMPULSORY for all players to have it in their addons :)

I think ive found some issues.

Since having this active to use night vision HDR mod, I noticed that in campaign all medic actions are messed up. IE: I would be calling for medic they arrive and then they simply are stuck trying to fix me in a loop and never exit from it. I tried this with some scenarios and it was the same. Also the same if I tried to be a medic for some AI .. just could not break away from the anim.

I also noticed in the campaign certain dialogue action delaying over time. IE talking to the priest about weapons cache would cause him to have the conversation in chunks of responses a large gap .. then chat again 3 mins later.

Also the heli for pick up had a massive delayed response to the point they went to pick me up after I got back to camp and entered the heli .. so it was picking up but I was already in ... then obviously It could not take me anyplace as I got out. Then It would be lost from the communication menu ... then come back. Then respond to my call 5 mins ago to pick up. Like the whole script aspect was chugging and delaying.

I removes the NVG addon and this addon, and then it all worked ok again. I know the campaign is bugged but it was clearly a moment of .. "hang on this is something realy odd now, what have I installed since?" moment. Once removed It all worked ok.

Just though Id report it.

PS only other things are simply NV goggle texture replacement, ground texture replacement, VOP2.1 .. nothing really script based running other than yours.

EDIT: just realised XEH was updated ... so is what im experiencing related to the same thing or something else? I saw the link to the reports but they seemed to refer to user missions.

Edited by mrcash2009

This was actually a known issue with CBA v0.1.0 (sorry!), but we believe we fixed it with CBA v0.1.1. I'm pretty sure that the NVG addon wouldn't cause any significant slowdowns on its own. If you can confirm that CBA v0.1.1 causes this problem (if you can, please check if CBA on its own causes this slowdown), we can take a look at it properly.

Thanks for your feedback!

Spooner, sorry mate, yeh I was using the inital release not the hotfix ... I skipped a page and missed the hotfix. I just grabbed it and will have a play, Im guessing it would be resolved as it all seems the same ballpark.

Sorry to confuse, any issues I will deffo post back here.

No problem. Easily resolved. Just glad people are actually bothered enough to make reports ;)

We probably need to edit the original post to make it clear there has been a hotfix anyway.

We probably need to edit the original post to make it clear there has been a hotfix anyway.
Your wish est mon commande :)

Just a quick update about our Plans:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cca/Plans

Also wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has replied, created tickets, donated some code or otherwise supporting the project!

We hope to accomodate as many as possible after Release 2.

Has anyone reported/experience that CBA breaks ALICE and SILVIE? I think CBA break on my machine... I have a mission featuring ALICE and SILVIE, working before, with CBA, the vehicles and civilians didnt spawn. remove CBA, it works again

Has anyone reported/experience that CBA breaks ALICE and SILVIE? I think CBA break on my machine... I have a mission featuring ALICE and SILVIE, working before, with CBA, the vehicles and civilians didnt spawn. remove CBA, it works again

Cheers for the report! Do you use Version 0.1.1 or the bugged 0.1.0?

The latter could very well be the cause of the issue :)

The file name is 0.1.1 and the readme says it's 0.1.1, so I guess its 0.1.1

Cheers. I will look into it right away!

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

The file name is 0.1.1 and the readme says it's 0.1.1, so I guess its 0.1.1

Traced it and ticketed it http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2785

Will try to resolve asap.

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

I am happy to report that the issue has been resolved.

The issue was related to how the BIS Functions Module logic was initialized.

I believe the fix warrants a hotfix release and as such planned for inclusion in v0.1.2: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/roadmap/cca

However, I will discuss the 0.1.2 release plan later when Spooner's around.

Thanks again for the report!