Sign in to follow this  
daspeedz

Insurgent Dawn

Here is my first mission for Arma 2!

Its a coop mission for upto 4 players. I've noticed a few people asking for missions with smaller squads which is my taste too.

I have play tested as much as i can, but may not be perfect. So any comments and suggestions would be greatly received.

The basic mission is :- 4 man insurgent team must take out US comms and Air assets.

Please enjoy this mission, as I plan to make more with equal polish and passion!

The link :-

http://rapidshare.com/files/253524522/Insurgent_Dawn.Chernarus.pbo

Enjoy, Daspeedz.

Edited by daspeedz

The LAV-25 at the tower is the target for destruction there, try hitting that it should work.

Will double check myself after work!

The Americans brought all their own secure comms kit so the insurgents couldnt tap into transmissions.

Maybe should have made the objective slightly clearer.

Blew the two small antena and the LAV MHQ, no dice.

I noticed that you have no 'Server' Game Logic placed in your map, from what I understand it's an essential element in MP map creation.

I'll look into it, i think i know whats up with the objectives thing! thanks for getting back with the problems lads!

EDIT: the trigger is working for me in the editor (the dot goes green) but i'll try running it from a server to see if its still working. As for the server logic I dont have a clue how to put one in, any help would be appreciated!

just mess about with the mission there are plenty of things to kill :)

Edited by daspeedz

In Editor:

Empty>Game Logic>Objects>GameLogic

then call it 'Server' in the name box.

May be worth reading up Mr Murray's Editing Guide for ArmA 1, the section about creating a MP Mission, very usefull info and it pretty much applies for ArmA 2 also.

Mr Murray's Editing Guide

Ok will add that to the mission and re-up it. If you dont mind trying it out for me again?

Have read parts of the guide, it is indepth and really useful. Its a pity his MP section is geared towards CTF and DM style missions rather than COOP. But i suppose allot of things can be used for coop too.

This crashes and locks up my server (dedicated) when i run it. We can an error stating something about a scope on a pipebomb. I will get a screen cap of it shortly.

I get that pipebomb thing too, i just click ok. have no idea why it turns up. i've only hosted this via a lan server, have no idea why i would crash a server as I dont know much about dedicated servers.

It has the server logic in it now.... mysterious!