Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

I just hope BIS is working hard to solve the problems, fix what there is to be fixed and then continues polishing the game. I just hope so. Giving a low rate that might steer gamers away from it might be an incentive to make them work ASAP. Before the game becomes a flop, only played by hardcore fans.

Do you know BI? oO

Yes patches and further support are nothing we need to worry about, for me thats another thing that should be important in a test even if it only affects it by 1-2 points.

Not from my side as their 66% rating tells me they rather should test stuff like CoD series.

I totally agree.

Even with the bugs & performance problems Arma 2 is the only reason to continue playing games at older age.

I hate those kind of reviews that give such a bad rating only because of bugs. I mean the gameplay is all that matters.

If stalker got a bigger rating than ArmA2 on release then they're full of shit. End of story. Stalker was bugged! And they only tried to make an open world!

If stalker got a bigger rating than ArmA2 on release then they're full of shit. End of story. Stalker was bugged! And they only tried to make an open world!

Stalker hat such a great atmosphere and feel but in 4 attempts i only once managed to do things in such a order that the story wouldnt stop suddently and you werent able to finish the game, not to mention patches that made you restart each time.

So if we judge atmosphere over bugs then indeed ArmA cant be worser than Stalker ( especially clear sky ) or lets say Gothic so i dont get why it deserves such a sales killing rating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2-Vo_LFf1Q

ArmA 2 supply trucks in a campaign warfare mission. This happens pretty often, and usually they ram it until they blow up.

My eyes are bleeding :(. How can they release driving AI in this state? Was it impossible for BIS to see this themself, or are we the only one?

This problem is just with script placed buildings in warfare, we are working on fix.

Night fighting would have looked much better with some continous illumination going on instead of those way to convenient NVGs ;) But I loved the atmosphere.

Yeah I want that mod from arma 1 that takes off the black area in 3rd person while wearing nv's.. and expands the view a bit or removes the goggle surround alltogether, u dont really have that sense of goggle area when using them as your eyes adjust and its like seeing the full Fov anyhow.

Two videos I made :)

Thank you for the videos, enjoyed them a lot. Thanks for adding no music, the way i like ;)

Thank you for the videos, enjoyed them a lot. Thanks for adding no music, the way i like ;)

Indeed these videos proves why I might love this game.

Hi all

Just spotted this one

1000 AI battle at night, without NV googles!

Phwoor!

Watch in HD!

There are bits in it that were redolent of the Omaha Beach scene in Saving Private Ryan.

That has got to be the best video of ArmA II to date!

Heck I think it may be the best game video I have ever seen.

Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi all

Just spotted this one

Phwoor!

Regards walker

Jesus! Careful : Lower your volume or you will piss your pants at start!

The sky is beautiful but could be better! ;)

Hi all

Just spotted this one

Phwoor!

Regards walker

Awesome :eek:

Im of to Chernarus to try this out right now hihihi :p

Wow, awesome. But at 4:32, what is that thing which crash lands? Very UFO-like.

That battle reminds me of War of the Worlds.

Wow, awesome. But at 4:32, what is that thing which crash lands? Very UFO-like.

That battle reminds me of War of the Worlds.

Vikhr from a ka-52 I think. They did similar things in ArmA sometimes.

EDIT: Similar video:

probably want to turn down sound again. Edited by Jakerod

Hi all

Just spotted this one

Phwoor!

Watch in HD!

There are bits in it that were redolent of the Omaha Beach scene in Saving Private Ryan.

That has got to be the best video of ArmA II to date!

Heck I think it may be the best game video I have ever seen.

Regards walker

Woah! best vid yet indeed, that looks fantastic :yay:

I see and hear many cool things (like the gfx, textures, atmo, lighting, day cycle, shadows) in all the video's and some not so (like speech and collision/destruction physics)

Nonetheless i think BI did an awesome job on this game/sim

But one thing to me that is real weird is the gun smoke puff that comes with every bullet. I dont know exactly but i have not seen this IRL on any gun to be hold by humans.

I would say to remove that smoke puff feature, because it fogs up the vision of the scoped in user.

What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by Comm512

This problem is just with script placed buildings in warfare, we are working on fix.

Good to know that fix is on the way.

btw. Can you give us some details about the next patch. Will the performance be improved perhaps. :)

Originally Posted by walker

Hi all

Just spotted this one

Phwoor!

Watch in HD

Heh, and when you know that this awesomness got only 66% by Gamestar..

So unfair and even disgusting.

Despite its numerous bugs, No game can deliver what ArmA II offers so far.

Regards,

TB

We expect big patch around 19.6-20.6. There will be also lot of fixes in data so it will be bigger. We are now working on ai driving/ moving problems, but there will be also lot of campaign and multiplayer fixes and some iprovements in ai generaly. Not sure if all of that fixes/improvements will fit this patch, I hope so. If not, it will be in next one for sure. Every deep change must be also tested and it need some time. Its labor pains of most complex war simulator ever made, i hope they will be short.

Do you know what version will be 505 release vs the next patch ?