sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

I agree that the Apache sound is incredibly loud and annoying.

Aside from that the RPG guys are way too accurate and engage at extremely high ranges.

This kind of feedback would be good to capture on the ACE bugtracker.

Head overt here if you've got some time.

the suppressed m4 takes 9 hits to kill someone.... wtf. add me to the list of ppl who do not care for the increased armor in 1.02.  it kills gameplay imho.  also add the rucks back to the standard configs, i miss my extra mags and nades.

the infantry designated marksmans rifle is an m4 with a ta31f scope. but the reticule is from a ta01 and its set up like a ta01 where there is sappost to be irons that you can switch to.  so ingame you look over the scope. if anything the ta31f has the bindon aiming concept so you should make it like the spector dr, or just keep it a 4x only scope.  personally switch it back to a ta01.

i realize there is less velocity but seriously its pointless to use one if it takes a mag to kill 3 ppl scoring all hits.

there is a texture error on the scoutsniper desert sniper.  in the armor right behind the starboard sidepanel.

weapons sound like they dropped in volume, imho as someone who likes to shoot alot if anything they should have increased, or stayed the same as 1.01

when are you going to start using cameron macdonalds 1inf div for the standard infantry?  everything in the army is now fully acu'd out.  its a buzzkill to see the awesome 101st guys, then the vanilla rangers and inf models.

and ignore the postcount and join date. ive been playing ofp since december of '01.   nobody wants a game where your ammo feels like airsoft.

i relly relly like ace, but yall fucked up in 1.02 hard.

i notice that too with the supressed ACE scars, i think they would be more lethal if you'd throw the weapon to the enemy's head  instead of shooting with them crazy_o.gif , this is something that doesn't happen with the original scars(the no ACE ones)

I tested the M4SD and was able to drop an enemy with two shots. You need to make sure you have the extended armor turned off in your difficulty settings.

SETTINGS.jpg

I tested the M4SD and was able to drop an enemy with two shots. You need to make sure you have the extended armor turned off in your difficulty settings.

Extended armour only applies to human controlled players, at least from what I've seen.

Anyway, it may take several shots to kill them instantly. But they will die from only 1 or 2 without medical attention due to bleeding.

weapons sound like they dropped in volume, imho as someone who likes to shoot alot if anything they should have increased, or stayed the same as 1.01

vo.2 [Loctite] has completed a soundmod for ACE //NOT released yet // (changing sounds for almost every weapon in ACE). And I tested it - its great. Even vehicles sounds, impact sounds, terrain sounds, volume balance and so on. Who used Vopsound knows that its great, the version made for ACE is even bettter. Currently he is waiting for a permission from ACE, as he had to use one of their configs.

Vopsound thread

SETTINGS.jpg

confirmed it was off. shooting 1 shot then hearing a wound sound, then repeating. downed him at about 4-5 shots then the rest shot in chest and it takes an additional 3 to get to no heartbeat. then a final killshot.

this is all from 10 feet away.

confirmed it was off.  shooting 1 shot then hearing a wound sound, then repeating.  downed him at about 4-5 shots then the rest shot in chest and it takes an additional 3 to get to no heartbeat. then a final killshot.

Same here with SPR SD from a range like 100 meters

Extended armour only applies to human controlled players, at least from what I've seen.

Anyway, it may take several shots to kill them instantly. But they will die from only 1 or 2 without medical attention due to bleeding.

I think you're right about it only applying to human controlled players. I tested it just now both ways and it didn't appear to make a difference.

I wonder why people from ACE told me that was the fix for it in the past.

Either way, I was taking guys down with one or two shots with an M4SD. I could either shoot them a couple more times to kill them or they would bleed out.

Nice work guys, ecspecially on the Weapons.

Quote[/b] ]

confirmed it was off.  shooting 1 shot then hearing a wound sound, then repeating.  downed him at about 4-5 shots then the rest shot in chest and it takes an additional 3 to get to no heartbeat. then a final killshot.

where you aiming at the guys head?

because if the guy was wearing body armor it would make sense.

since the suppressed m4 uses subsonic ammo it's not likely to

easily penetrate that if you were aiming at his chest. it would

also make sense that he wouldn't die instantly from shots to

the arms or legs of course...

Gotto love the imagination of People biggrin_o.gif

"I don't like it, they removed a lot of weapons, because those developers think we dont need / use them".

As Scuba mentioned, we usually have more weapons, each update, not less.

The weapon boxxes might be incomplete, but what people seem to be forgetting, is that our Mod is an ongoing project, is Beta,

and we welcome your feedback and suggestions (in our project tools, for the last time! biggrin_o.gif), to improve this Mod and make it fullfill your dreams.

We make this Mod for free, with a lot of love, and there's extremely much time and work involved, regarding the development, and packaging / release.

Even if we decided not to rework a certain weapon or other model for a next update;

it probably has a good reason, and we certainly have the right :P

I want to take this opportunity once more, to thank everyone involved in our Mod, including those who report bugs, make suggestions and request features!

people told me that in ACE mod there is my Bradley - i didn't give permission to my vehicles from VILL, VILW, VILE addons

only BOSS get permission to reskin green version to desert and use it

i am against - remove it

people told me that in ACE mod there is my Bradley - i didn't give permission to my vehicles from VILL, VILW, VILE addons

only BOSS get permission to reskin green version to desert and use it

i am against - remove it

Dear Vilas,

According to our details, King Homer received permissions from you to add your Bradley, about a year ago.

Please contact us in private to deal properly with the situation.

only BOSS/Pauliness/IDF mod get it to make desert version from green texture he get, ModEMike made them config as he is config-skilled

like 2 addonmakers get permission to NSVT to their tanks

and one of them thought it means he can give further but i cleared it to him later

i am surprised cause i saw it on other forums, while i never dowloading anything bigger than 200 MB

thats why i had no idea about it, simply 1 GB mod was too big for me to download at my slow connection

After being around helo's in the military for so long, I can tell ya that the Apache is the loudest, most rumbly helo I ever encountered in the US arsenal.

The CH-53 was equally as loud, but not as annoying.

Harriers need a muffler in real life. Ingame is subdued lol!

You remember the real-life Apache's sounding like they do in ACE?huh.gif  I definitely don't remember them sounding like a lawn mower.  If ACE wants to keep that sound, well then that's their business, but I know alot of people won't use that helicopter in missions as the upper mid frequencies are incredibly grating to the ears.   The CH-53 I've also been around and that indeed is super loud, but has, in my opinion, a GLORIOUS thundering sound that always sent shivers down my spine.

I don't remember the Apache sounding much different then the UH-60 except that the jet engine sound was much louder and could clearly be heard.  I guess how it sounds all depends on how close you are to it and from what angle.  

All I know is that for damn sure, it does not sound like that in real life even if it sounds like that on some YouTube video recorded with a crappy camcorder with built in mics that are often low quality mics.  However it sounds more like someone took one of these YouTube video sounds of an Apache and then EQ'ed it by boosting the high and upper-mid frequencies in order to compensate for low-fidelity.  At the very least I think it could be eq'ed a bit to make the sound slightly less ear-grating. I'd be happy to volunteer to do that as I do audio engineering and have alot of recording software with excellent eq's and other processing tools.

On another note... was the "jump" feature removed in ACE?  

I really liked the "Jump" feature when you hit the "J" key.  That little hop is actually quite useful to get over very small walls and to get on top of some small boulders. Why was that removed?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@Miles Teg

The jump feature is still in ACE 1.02, me and a friend were using it last night by pressing the J button, best check the ace_keys.hpp file located in main arma directory/dta/ACE/ace_keys.hpp and check that the feature is bound to the J key or "ACE_Jump = 36; // J"

The M14 Aimpoint/M203 is not playable due no Aimpoint in the Aimpoint. Also why does Enemy shoot that precise at these long ranges?

only BOSS/Pauliness/IDF mod get it to make desert version from green texture he get, ModEMike made them config as he is config-skilled

and one of them thought it means he can give further but i cleared it to him later

i am surprised cause i saw it on other forums, while i never dowloading anything bigger than 200 MB

thats why i had no idea about it, simply 1 GB mod was too big for me to download at my slow connection

there was probably just some kind of misunderstanding...?

it's too bad you haven't had a chance of trying A.C.E. yet

since it's really awesome. i just wanted to say that i hope

you'll reconsider your decision and allow the A.C.E. team to

include your bradley because i really love it and use it in a lot

of missions i make... smile_o.gif

Removed.

No doubt that Bradley is a necessary piece of this mod. If they can't use it that will be awful.

this would be a pity. Vilas makes great addons and ACE is the best unified mod for arma ever.

I have always supported Vilas in his dedication to accuracy and realism in his work. He really has phenomenal output and attention to detail.

As such i hope he lets his vehicles be used in a mod dedicated to accuracy and realism.

if not then ACE will no doubt find another Bradley.

Lets see:

Smoke

Scripts

Sounds

Deflected shells

Wounds

Projectiles

New Russian soldiers

Vehicles

Helicopters

This is freaking sick. sell this as a content patch for ArmA and your rich.

Lets see:

Smoke

Scripts

Sounds

Deflected shells

Wounds

Projectiles

New Russian soldiers

Vehicles

Helicopters

This is freaking sick. sell this as a content patch for ArmA and your rich.

Whoa, the Russian units have been added? And here I thought "Added new RF models to configs" meant resistance forces. Jesus I'm an idiot.  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT:

Well jesus that's fantastic. Thanks ZorboZ, I didn't even bother to look. I should have known that RF probably mean Russian Federation.  banghead.gif

EDIT2:

I'm not sure how I missed this in the Changelog"Ussr Infantry units, needs config work." I only read the damn thing like 5 times.

why do i have to be more saint than pope ?

you know why i made Leopards ? cause other mods refused

in many other things many mods refuses, why Vilas must be one person who always agree and agree things that competee with my own addons

i always give permission when addon do not competee with my own, example:

many mods get my Leopards, because Australian, Danish, RACS, Italian camo do not look like mine German camo

but oposite to this some guys wrote to me like : hey , give me P1, P8, MG4, MG3 i am preparing my German weapons pack, i have G36 ( BIS)

so this guy wanted to double my German weapons pack, he had only BIS G36 and he wanted all my german-made weapons to made his pack, silly isn't it?

well why than other mods do not give their work ??

cause they wanna have things exclusive

why only me to give huh.gif

as i know i was refusing when someone wanted to release THE SAME as i released and it is natural for every addon maker

so if he wrote to me , probably my answer was NO WAY

i alowed to change my vehicles into other camos as mine

if someone would like to release desert-camo/Iraq or Russian-type camo 2s1, BMP1 <<< i see no problem, not at all

if someone wants to release as it is in my mod - no way

Quote[/b] ]No doubt that Bradley is a necessary piece of this mod. If they can't use it that will be awful. If it was a misunderstanding and if they can't due to a misunderstanding I call for a boycott of his work.

than boycot:

CWR - they not alow to take away their OFP islands and woodland infantry

CSLA - they not alow to give Tatra truck and BMP1

RHS - they will not alow to give their T64, T80

HWM - they not alow anything, not only Leopards, but UH-1 and etc.

FDF mod - they not alow use ANYTHING, thats why i made Landrover hard top

BW mod - they will not alow use their Wiesel tank and infantry troops if you would like to make your own German army mod

tanks from Mateck - he will not alow me to include M1A2 SEP to my west vehicles pack, i have M1, M1A1 i just missing A2SEP ;]

and some other mods

you should boycot ALL

probably ACE too, if i would want include their scripts, US soldiers models and etc.

i don't forbid ANY mod include my weapons/vehicles addons into their mods , but many mods wants take your job (countless hours) and release it with own tag_

every mod can include into their pack vilE, vilL, vilW, vilas_wpn, vilas_gwp.... why not??

but not dividing packs

than boycot:

CWR - they not alow to take away their OFP islands and woodland infantry

CSLA - they not alow to give Tatra truck and BMP1

RHS - they will not alow to give their T64, T80

HWM - they not alow anything, not only Leopards, but UH-1 and etc.

FDF mod - they not alow use ANYTHING, thats why i made Landrover hard top

BW mod - they will not alow use their Wiesel tank and infantry troops if you would like to make your own German army mod

and some other mods

you should boycot ALL

probably ACE too, if i would want include their scripts, US soldiers models and etc.

Nope just you. That was a joke anyways. Relax, I use your stuff religiously and enjoy them immensely. wink_o.gif I'd just hate to see the Bradley in ACE go. I'm not dumb enough to seriously try to do something like that. What would I use?