• Topics

• Hey! I am a part of an Arma 3 unit with around 50~ players using a custom modlist (which can be attached) and a battalion size Armahosts server with 0 HCs (250+ player slots, should be more than capable).

We've been having extreme desync to the point of server failure, whenever desync starts, the server RPT stops logging, and on top of that, the server RPT reaches incredibly large file sizes (for a text document), upwards of 5mb. 

In order, we have

1. Trimmed the modlist to bare minimums (anything left *could* be removed but would permanently force us to make massive changes)

2. Upgraded the server to maximums (based off of 2 other Arma units using an incredibly similar modlist, with identical playerbases)

3. Each time we try to do an operation, the desync happens at seemingly random moments, but always towards the beginning of the op, and sometimes even before a firefight has broke out

4. Completely reinstalling every mod and server data, using a base Arma 3 mission file (as a test)

5. The ONLY common denominator in the operations is that the desyncs and the crippling desyncs start when we are around 20-30 minutes into the server being up (around when we step off), and someone either joins late or rejoins after disconnecting, and the server log sends in a million errors, before completely halting all logging around when major desync occurs, crippling the entire server. We have waited around 20 minutes post desync with every player still on, and to no avail. 

We have consulted our peers extensively, and come to the conclusion that we have no choice but to just keep doing what we know, and we don't want to force our player base to go through any more desync. If ANY of you have ideas or thoughts, any at ALL, please let me know.  
      https://gist.github.com/BeaniePope/1bf6a3e5f15b357bcf14c5ab41f49dc1 <--- Last log file, 6/5/24
      https://gist.github.com/BeaniePope/8b34f56cdf08e4b32af0fefe31e474b6 <---- Current modlist 6/5/24
    • that is extremely helpful, thank you for the quick response!
    • Can anyone help me please? i log into my account in game and on these forums but when i try to do it on workbench it says user does not exist?? i tried with 3 accounts already and i cant publish mods until i get it linked.
    • Yes, you can. There are videos of testing AI's knowsAbout of you before and after you break line-of-sight, you can even see where the AI expects you to go by last trajectory perceived. This however isnt perfect as the knowsAbout doesnt just return to Zero right away so there are some niggles in what amount of realistic level perception it should have when it "kinda knows about you"   I expect this will be improved in Reforger but its a hard thing to get right