Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: [CAMP] Operation Cobalt

1.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #1

[CAMP] Operation Cobalt

Spoiler:

Credits:
    - Celery, Cole, Rellikki, Binkowski, OFPEC & the BI Forums for their help & support.
    - All of the many beta testers for their excellent feedback.
    - savedbygrace for writing the exceptionally detailed and very helpful review of the campaign over at OFPEC.
    - Kronzky for his Urban Patrol Script.
    - Bohemia Interactive Studios for the ever-amazing Arma 2.

v1.01 OFPEC Review (8/10)

Story:
    Set during the events of Harvest Red, the player takes on the role of Peter Novak, a Private in the CDF. Akula Lopotev has seized command of the Chernarussian Communist Party in a violent coup and renamed it to the Movement of the Chernarus Red Star. He has declared war on the current Democratic government of Chernarus, and began a campaign of 'ethnic-cleansing' to rule out his competition. At first the CDF could contain it, but the ChDKZ slowly grew until they were overwhelmed. The President sent out a call for help, to which the United States sent the 27th MEU to Chernarus aboard the USS Khe Sanh.

Features:
    - 9 missions long.
    - Dramatic and interesting story-driven campaign.
    - Small and scripted coupled with large and dynamic missions.
    - Infantry-centric.
    - Play as the Chernarussian Peter Novak, the Russian Vasilly Derevenko, the American Mark Reynolds, and the Chernarussian Karel Svoboda.
    - Grunt, leading and special forces missions.
    - Custom field dressing healing mechanic.
    - Custom music and sounds.

As always, I appreciate any and all constructive criticisms/feedback you guys give me. This was mostly a 1 man project, so I'm sure there will be bugs or other issues. Don't hesitate to notify me about them!

Enjoy!
    This campaign is a product of months of hard work and restarts/redesigns, and was a greater effort than anything else I've ever done for the community. I want to thank again all the people who helped me out with it. Without you, it would not have seen the light of day. So, with that, I hope you enjoy the campaign!

Changelog:
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Zipper5; Feb 6 2011 at 09:44. Reason: Updated to Operation Cobalt: Combined Operations

Many Thanks Zipper5!

I have been looking forward to this campaign, Great work

Starting the campaign as we speak!

EDIT: Operation Cobalt actually conflicted with Bardosys PIROG campaign Removing PIROG worked, just in case anyone else has the same problem. Now imma off to teh fr0ntlines to blow some sh!t up!
    Last edited by Jelliz; Jun 2 2010 at 22:26.

I just started your campaign and in the first mission where we have to take Stary Sobor the town appears to be clear and the objective on my screen says seek and destroy but I can't find anything. What am I missing?

Awesome news! Your initial release was one of the first user-made campaign/missions i played - Finished it before i even started the vanilla campaign it was that much fun.
    Also played the previous release, was great to see the other side of the Harvest Red story. Even for a WIP it was very impressive and great fun to play.

Looking forward to finishing off (well restarting, but still enjoying) Operation Cobalt tonight.
    Stuck at work for another 5-6 hours though...

7.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #7
    Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelliz View Post
    EDIT: Operation Cobalt actually conflicted with Bardosys PIROG campaign Removing PIROG worked, just in case anyone else has the same problem.
    That's odd. It doesn't for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat View Post
    I just started your campaign and in the first mission where we have to take Stary Sobor the town appears to be clear and the objective on my screen says seek and destroy but I can't find anything. What am I missing?
    That's probably the infamous "last loon" bug. I've tried to combat it as much as possible in that mission but to no avail. Look around for some soldiers or armor that you had to have missed. Then it will end properly.

I'm crashing as soon as it loads after it says I'm about to meet the NCO Tomas. I am using ACE so I'm going to try later if it works without ACE.

9.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #9
    Author of the Thread
    Must be a problem on your end, Devil Dogs. Works completely fine here without mods and using v1.05.70951.

I will say, however, that I do not guarantee this campaign will work how it should using mods, including ACE2. I designed it to work with just vanilla Arma 2. I also have no intention of making it compatible with mods. So if you encounter issues when using mods while playing the campaign, then disable the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipper5 View Post
    That's odd. It doesn't for me.
    Yeah i know, went through the PBO with pboview and found nothing that should conflict, neither by filename or anything in the description.ext. Must be something weird on my end.

I've gotten to mission six, running without mods i get a crash when:

Spoiler:

I'm not getting any error message except for "Arma.exe has stopped working". Again i went through the pbo to find anything that could cause the crash, but i havent found anything so far. Must be my computer that cant handle it.

That said, the campaign is brilliant!
    And do you mind if i steal the radio.ogg(the radiobeep sound) file to use in my campaign? It looks much better when i use sideradio or directSay, instead of the "CAPSLOCKDIALOGUE" i get when using sidechat.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast