Sign in to follow this  
Przemek_kondor

DM Real Tournament 2

Hello,

Here is my new mission: DM Real Tournament 2

Why "2"? Some of OFP players remember great mission by OYC: Real Tournament 2003, and idea of mine is based on that OFP mission.

Videos (I'm sorry for compression): xfire

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thmgt7ODLGc&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thmgt7ODLGc&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FNTcTrNJMI&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FNTcTrNJMI&hl=pl_PL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

mini_bets.jpg mini_buying.jpg mini_fight_winner.jpg

mini_players_table.jpg mini_spectator.jpg

Features:

• fights are "1 on 1" duels
  • buying weapons (see image)
  • bets - you select your favourite fighter and money - if he wins, you get money (see image). Money is used for buying better weapons
  • when others fight you watch them from using spectator view (see image). There are available some buttons: for tracking fighters, manual control and NV. You can live even without NV, because fighters have attached lights (see iamge)
  • MP options:
    • number of fighters (4/8/16) - first N slots are taken! (f.e. if you will take 9th slot and admin set 8 fighters, then you are able to watch others fights only)
    • round duration - if nobody dead, then the winner is randomized
    • number of rounds to win (how many times you have to kill your oponent to win) (see image: table of players)
    • enable / disable grass
    • enable / disable graphic filters
    • AI skill (it doesn't help to much, you'll see how AI is stupid)
    • fast / normal AI vs AI fights - if fast then one of AI will be randomized to be exploded
    • randomizing order

[*]intro & outro

[*]sounds

[*]for each fight weather and daytime is randomized and location is unique

[*]first N (set in MP options) have to be enabled

[*]JIP supported (with some minor issues)

Links:

DM Real Tournament 2

DM Real Tournament 2 (Armaholic)

Bugtracker na dev-heaven - if possible rise bugs / wishes there

I hope you enjoy

Regards,

[PR]zemek kondor

Edited by Przemek_kondor

Really a new cool Idea-will check it out immediately.Thank you Sir!

Ok, i played a Tournament and it works very well.Had a lot of Fun to bet and to see how fast my money get lost, and finally made the 1.place.

2 little things to say:

1: when u´re in "free moving camera mode" and it´s a night fight u can hardly see the 4 blocks to move the sight.

2: I had no fonts in the fields for confirm the betting and buying.Same with the player\camera field.

Still a awesome play-mode, i hope there will soon be an online match!

Thanks for feedback.

1. I'll change color of buttons

2. could you tell me if your arma2.rpt says something like: "STR_bet" or "STR_right" couldn't be found?

Kondor this is fun !!!

good job on that...

Got this on the SBS server ..... its a great laugh.... prob works best if all are on comms together..... :) but fun no matter what..

And better than the original... very polished map..

Is it possible to remove weapons after a round?
Everything is possible, but what do you mean? why having weapon after round is / could be an issue?

You have to buy your next weapon or get stuck with the shotgun....

He wrote: "Is it possible to remove weapons after a round?" not "Is it possible to keep weapons after a round?" or I don't get it.

So, do you want to have an option

-to keep weapons or

-to remove weapons immediately after round?

He wrote: "Is it possible to remove weapons after a round?" not "Is it possible to keep weapons after a round?"

Answer is the same, isnt it ?

When I played, the weapon I bought in first round was removed for second round, I had to buy another.

When I played, the weapon I bought in first round was removed for second round, I had to buy another.

Right, but i was killed a few times between the rounds during the "final-screens".

I think we should be able to keep weapons and also win money after each round you win. Because I got to the final fight, spent all the money (that I only won from bets ofcourse) on an automatic rifle, I killed my opponent once with it, then though right well I'm glad I saved my money the whole game for this gun, and then it was gone on for the second time we faced! I was back to 0$ and default gun.

I think we should be able to keep weapons and also win money after each round you win. Because I got to the final fight, spent all the money (that I only won from bets ofcourse) on an automatic rifle, I killed my opponent once with it, then though right well I'm glad I saved my money the whole game for this gun, and then it was gone on for the second time we faced! I was back to 0$ and default gun.

Yeah.. I agree, we should be able to keep the weps that we purchase.

Ok, I'm going to add this persistent-weapon option (but until you die - I mean: you buy f.e. M249, you are killed -> you lose this weapon) - it's will be easy to do, and I think would be fair.

About getting the money after fight you won - it's already there, but money are added when new serie starts - so it's the same imo. Do you want to have 3 ways to get money - 1 new serie, 2 bets, 3 winning the fight?

And what do you think about option for adding crazy weapons, I mean f.e. shotgun which fires javelin missles, grenades or sabot? - it would be very easy for implementing (I've already got working script)

That persistant weapon option would be a nice addon Kondor!

As for the money, bets and winning each fight is good yes! Cheers.

if its an option for crazy weps.. then fine.. but tbh I doubt I would ever use it....

put this on our dedicated server last night and had a little play

feed back...

you need to keep your purchased weapon until you die possibly be able to sell it as well (for a slightly lesser amount than you bought it for).

the spectating needs a little work adding the ability to quickly select fixed 3rd person camera angle or angles

in the original i seem to remember you could see who had placed what bets , it would be nice if you could add this feature as it really makes it a lot more fun to play with friends on teamspeak as it increases the banter and joking

we played with colour filter effects on..this was hideous ! tone them down a lot, in one fight we could hardly see because the screen was so burnt out and over saturated.(i know you can turn them off but still ... ).

one of our players got stuck in a dialog and was locked out of his fight. and was knocked out in the first round (this didn't go down to well :P )

that's all i can think of/ remember off the top of my head , will test more

thanks a lot for remaking this mission.