Sign in to follow this  
Stagler

Russian Naval Infantry (Desert)

Modernised Russian Naval Infantry (MORPEH) v.2

Requires ARMA 2 Combined Arms

lingorlanding1.th.jpg

lingorlanding2.th.jpgmorpeh2.th.jpgmorpeh4.th.jpg

morpeh1.th.jpgmorpeh3.th.jpgmorpeh5.th.jpg

This is v.2 of my Naval Infantry. They are completely new models from the old version, a seperate addon you might say. They also come in woodland and desert flavour now. Firstly id like to appologise as the classnames have all changed. Id also like to appologise because the Pilot, Commander, and BRDM2 have been removed from this new version. This new version has the new PASGT style Russian helmet and newer armoured vests. The Naval Infantry arent as well supplied as the motor rifle or VDV troops so they still retain some older equipment. That is why I chose to use the older vests and no digital flora camoflage pattern.

I designed these to go alongside RHS BTR70. All vehicles in this new version share the same desert camo as the RHS BTR70.

v.2

• Russian infantry with naval troop insignia addon with OA features like backpacks and TI.
  • Russian Mi8, Ural, and UAZ desert reskins.
  • New KSOR camouflage pattern.
  • Requires Operation Arrowhead.
  • Works with ACE 2 (They will be incorporated into ACE soon).
  • Works with any weapon replacement packs including Suddens AK74M pack.

Classnames:

SG_NI_Soldier

SG_NI_Soldier2

SG_NI_Soldier_GL

SG_NI_Soldier_AT

SG_NI_Soldier_AR

SG_NI_Soldier_MG

SG_NI_Soldier_LAT

SG_NI_Soldier_HAT

SG_NI_Soldier_AA

SG_NI_Soldier_Medic

SG_NI_Soldier_Marksman

SG_NI_Soldier_SL

SG_NI_Soldier_TL

SG_NI_Soldier_Crew

Desert classnames add _D onto the end of those above.

Download Links

Rapidshare download link

Many thanks to TRFS team for letting me use their models.

BIS for the sample models.

Thanks to SMERSH for the new KSOR camoflage pattern.

Thanks to AKM for his advice on MORPEH

Thanks to ArdvarkDB for o2 advice as always.

Enjoy

Stagler.

Edited by colonel stagler

awesome! OPFOR is starting to get some attention :)

Super addon. It gets the thumbs up from me:bounce3:

Doesn't work for me, I'm getting an error "cannot open object russiandesertinf/dsoldier.p3d". Tried running without any other addons except the beta patch, no success though. Anyone who can confirm or deny this issue?

Apart from that, the textures look rather low-res, but that might be just due to the screenshot settings. I would have provided some better ones, but if it doesn't work... :(

Brainbug ill look into it buddy.

I get the same thing, units are invisible when placed in editor, and outright crash the game when set as player.

Doesn't work for me, I'm getting an error "cannot open object russiandesertinf/dsoldier.p3d". :(

I have the same problem :rolleyes:

I get the same thing, units are invisible when placed in editor, and outright crash the game when set as player.

Same with me. :confused:

this is a proper fuck up then isnt it. Ill have a check it might be an error with the way binarised the files.

Shouldn't be a big deal.

I'd like to make a few suggestions:

1. I'd like to see a config using Vilas' weapons.

2. Would be nice if the units might use the modern Russian shoulder patches. If u pm me your mail adress I'm gonna send some scans.

3. The helmets are old model, too.

Nice work. Keep on with it!

Edited by DiFool

Ill do a vilas config sure let me just fix these first. Im still trying to find out what is the problem.

Good OPFOR work, thanks. Will try em out, see if i get a ctd also.

Also judging from the screenshot (which might give a wrong impression, I admit), the KSOR pattern seems a bit too dark, if you compare it with photos like this:

tyeh2h6a.jpg

There is a quite high contrast in the pattern (which makes sense), the lighter areas are really light sand colored and the brown is a medium-to-dark brown. In your screenshot it looks all brownish with only slight differences between the different color tones, and overall a bit too dark. But again, it might just due to a low texture resolution in the game settings when the screenshot was taken, and single screenshots are often not representative due to the changing lighting in game, so take my judgement with a grain of salt.

Ill do a vilas config sure let me just fix these first. Im still trying to find out what is the problem.

It's probably a problem due to the binarising. I had a similar issue that was fixed when I turned off the binarise option on binPbo.

Update released first page.

v1.1

@Brainbug: Im trying to find a newer better sample to base the texture off. The sample i possess already is the same one used by the project reality mod. (I am not affilliated with these in any way by the way.)

You could ask SARMAT about their camo texture, theirs wasn't that bad on their ВДВ (VDV) desert troops.

OK, this one works, and it looks indeed cool, way better than I had feared from the screenshot, the resolution is not too low at all. Although I still think the contrast could be a bit higher if you want to make it closer to the real thing, these models have a good camo effect e.g. on Duala. Here are a few impressions (you can use those pics freely if you want):

8gfj49av.jpg nx72ztew.jpg etbecv3x.jpg iny7iv5c.jpg q7ja5u2e.jpg

I wonder if you could do the helmet cover in the lighter digi pattern too. And also it would fit to have some soldiers with a visible undershirt in the characteristic white-blue stripes of the marine troops.