It's awesome how far you arrived!!!
World Tools 1.2 has been released. Foxhound has promptly updated the page on ArmaHolic (grazie FoxHound )
This version is much bigger, due the availability of a lot of walls, fences and other objects pre-loaded on it (with images).
· Forest placement percentages rescaled to include decimal values, for a more accurate placement of sparse objects. Now is possible to have a 0.1% probability of placement for an object.
· Some optimizations in forest calculations.
· Added a new summary output page with support for separate (smaller) object files.
· Number of forest generated objects are now shown on per-type basis on result page, to allow user to fine tuning projects.
· Small optimizations on error management.
· Random placed forests are not saved on the project file anymore (much smaller project file size). (my project changed from 70 to 18 mb)
· Greatly increased number of template objects available.
· Help now covers the Visitor3 import function.
thanks shezan, some nice new features in this version, will test it out soon.
looks nice shezan,
do you think you could render the results of tree/object placement as a black and white image to be blured and multiplied over the islands _sat image in Photoshop?, for some ambient shadow under the trees
I used the tree generator for the tussock and the rocks, but i placed the trees by hand, its doing a great job.
If you mean a black square with a dot for every tree placed yes, it's already on the program but deactivated.
My only problem is to have big images (more than 5120px) due library limitations, but i can try with some third party libs if you don't need a preview.
Is that you need?
yeah it would defintly help to have it the same size in pixels as the _sat/_mask image, I've already done this for my island from screen capturing visitor and pasting it in photoshop, I'd hate to have to do that for a larger terrain though
---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------
it would be useful if you could adjust how many pixels would go into one object aswell
This will not be a problem. if size is > 2x2 you can also specify the shape: circle or square with required radius. Maybe circle?
Originally Posted by mikebart
But i still don't understand what is your need... shadows are already generated by objects as far as i know...
Shadows disapear over a distance, and quite often you end up with too much light underneath the forests, consider it like baking an ambient occlusion map of all the terrain objects.
I think the same was done on podagorsk, but ill try and post up some screens of what i mean tonight