Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World tools 1.0 released

Hybrid View

World tools 1.0 released

World tools 1.0 has been released on ArmaHolic (see link below)

Major features:
    1) include a complete Fence Generator system for placing fences, walls and a lot of other kind of object.
    2) new scripting language for creating macros. Macros can be used to automatically generate farms, houses with gardens, compounds, castles and every other thing you will need.
    3) new forest generator tool, with support up to 256 mask colors, multiple different object placement on the same color with user customizable probabilty of placement (useful for bush, rocks, different tree types on the same area).

4) a complete manual (available on about-help menu) with scripting samples, complete program logic and usage explanations and a full help for scripting language.

Comments are well accepted to make program even better. Please promptly report any bug found there or via PM, due my plans are to release it on armaholic (if they agreed) on monday if no bug reports are received (or solved).

Special thanks goes to my clan -[TdC]-, to -[TdC]-Socrate.it for for supporting me and to Marco -[TdC]-Solo.it for initial idea.

Enjoy another small contribute to ArmA2 world.

Last edited by shezan74; May 17 2010 at 13:03. Reason: download link updated

Thanks for the release, those tools to improve the creation of maps really are a great piece of work, thank you for them

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks for the release shezan74! Will test it this afternoon.

Jens

Author of the Thread
    Thank you Foxhound

Oh man, just did some tests with the forest generator. That's sooo easy and the results are fantastic!! Thanks a lot!

Jens

Nice big work!!Mamma mia

Author of the Thread
    New release of world tools. Thank you to all people that reported suggestions and small features/bugfixes.

This release will conclude my developments on this application, except for reported bugs and interesting features requests.

http://www.pisto.it/WorldTools/worldtools1_1.zip

What's new:

Program interface:
    - Small improvements and bugfix to user interface.

Forest placement:
    - Some small optimizations on forest placement routines and User Interface

- New option on "Maximum obj per pixel". There is a new checkbox called "Randomize obj number". When program attempts to place forest objects in a pixel will make a dice roll from 1 to "maximum object per pixel" on the selected color.
    By unchecking the option the program will not randomize object number anymore but use the maximum value. For the indicated number of attempts the program will attempt a placement following color placement probability.

- Objects with 0% will be not rescaled to match 100%, so will NOT be placed in any way. This way is useful to disable an object placement on a specified section without deleting it.

- Major speed up in image analisys on image with large palette (many optimizations has been done, but please take note that elaboration time will increase with color mask increasing). The program will work EVEN if you can't see any visual update. Threading and notifying the user interface resulted in a unuseful overhead of the application, so i avoided this. Program will automatically notify if something goes wrong.

- New context functions: Copy / Clone for objects behind a color mask

- New feature for mask with a lot of colors: Apply to nearby colors.
    This feature will apply the currently selected object definitions to al nearby colors (in a predefined range)

Enjoy

Lookin nice man, I'll dig into this as soon as I can get the roads network on one of the islands placed.

Ok, here I used the forest generator on a larger map (10km x 10km). I used a sat image from Google earth (reduced the number of colors down to 4) as mask-image for the generator. The area I choose has a lot of trees, so in the end Worldtool generated 1.6 mio single trees (wow).

I had some problems importing the exp file in a single process. Importing files with more than 200.000 objects in a single row always crashed V3.

So I split the file up into single files with about 200.000 trees each. That worked pretty good.

Well, it took me about two hours for the whole process. The result is simply stunning.

It would've taken me weeks to place this amount of objects by hand (basically impossible).

Thanks for this great tool!!

Jens

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by jens198 View Post
    Ok, here I used the forest generator on a larger map (10km x 10km). I used a sat image from Google earth (reduced the number of colors down to 4) as mask-image for the generator. The area I choose has a lot of trees, so in the end Worldtool generated 1.6 mio single trees (wow).

Great
    I wonder how performance goes with 1.6 millions trees on a single map.

In case you have placed too much trees you can reduce them by acting on maximum objects per pixel and placement probability on single colors.

did you have an ingame screenshot of your results? will be very interesting!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast