Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

Veni Vidi Vici Mod (Romans and Barbarians)

Beautiful ships !

It's for the G20 galley slaves at Cannes ? :p

Hehe yes, afterall it can be used as a sinking greek trireme :D

Nope, not ATM. I don't know how i could do this, as the animations are only rotations.

It is possible to 'fake' sliding animations, if you place the animation axis far enough away from the plane being animated.

Brsseb explained it well in his #9 of his O2 tutorials. I've uploaded it to Megaupload. I've got the whole lot, dunno if they're still hosted anywhere. If anyone wants them, let me know. Then you can give ProfTournesol a helping hand :)

It is possible to 'fake' sliding animations, if you place the animation axis far enough away from the plane being animated.

Brsseb explained it well in his #9 of his O2 tutorials. I've uploaded it to Megaupload. I've got the whole lot, dunno if they're still hosted anywhere. If anyone wants them, let me know. Then you can give ProfTournesol a helping hand :)

Yep, i know about this, i'm using it for sliding doors for example. But hiding the sail while sliding would require to animate each part of the sail, or have a very simple sail's shape.

EDIT : i've watched a video of CSJ ropewalk addon for ArmA2 with animated sails, and i guess a simple setobjectexture command would to the trick. i'll look into it.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Is this mod finished or what?

What ;)

I'm working on it every single day, but i've got a RL and it's not going as fast as i expected.

I'm concerned about the mod's multiplayer compatibility. Have you tested if the stroke "weapons" work in multiplayer? Personally I've never got the StrokeGun or Fist to work, the weapons won't just appear. It seems like stroke weapons added at the init of the mission via config or script won't work, but a weapon acquired after the beginning will do. In singleplayer they work just fine.

I'm concerned about the mod's multiplayer compatibility. Have you tested if the stroke "weapons" work in multiplayer? Personally I've never got the StrokeGun or Fist to work, the weapons won't just appear. It seems like stroke weapons added at the init of the mission via config or script won't work, but a weapon acquired after the beginning will do. In singleplayer they work just fine.

I'm not looking into MP compatibility, but maybe i could count on someone to check it ? There won't be any weapon added through the init line, only configwise.

AFAIR, the only scripts i'm using through configs are those detecting the bow shots to make the arrows appear on the guys, the one animating the horse, and the one giving ammunitions to bowmen (so that they have enough magazines and play reload animations each time).

I have to ask..when the mod will be finished?

ASAP

And what exactly do you work? (in the mod?)

See the first page of this topic.

I already see,this is going to be mod,that shall be spoken about for many years...

Is that in the good context or the bad context

hi,

Looking forward to this mod. Nice textures, anim' and models. Elephants with gunner is a very good idea. I'm impressed by your creativity.

I am very curious about how you make 2 units come close to each other and fight. I don't know if you will understand what I mean :) but in ofp units with StrokeFistHit ammo and StrokeFist weapon never go near an enemy to do close combat, they stay away or doesn't move at all. Are you using scripting or did you found a trick to set cfgAmmo/Weapons in order to make the AI move to an enemy and kill him in close combat? My english is so poor that's very difficult :p. Thanks to explain ;).

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

hi,

Looking forward to this mod. Nice textures, anim' and models. Elephants with gunner is a very good idea. I'm impressed by your creativity.

I am very curious about how you make 2 units come close to each other and fight. I don't know if you will understand what I mean :) but in ofp units with StrokeFistHit ammo and StrokeFist weapon never go near an enemy to do close combat, they stay away or doesn't move at all. Are you using scripting or did you found a trick to set cfgAmmo/Weapons in order to make the AI move to an enemy and kill him in close combat? My english is so poor that's very difficult :p. Thanks to explain ;).

cya.

Nikiller.

Thanks for your kind words.

I don't like scripted attacks, mainly because of the lag (nearestobjects loops etc.). So yes, i simply use the strokegun/strokefist ability of the game, but by changing mainly the range of attack and adding "primary=10" in the weapons config. Then, as you may know, the animation allowing strokegun is only available in "UP" stances ("combat") in Vanilla game. So, i added these animations to the other stances ("CROUCH" AND "LYING"), given the fact that i've also replaced the LYING animations by the CROUCH ones. So now, units can fight whatever stance they may have.

You'll see that it's working quite well, and thanks to Sanctuary, i've got several attack animations depending on (1) the stance (2) the weapon used. Moreover, contrary to the Vanilla strokegun anim, i've split the animations in two parts connected to each other, so that the dammage is made at the middle of the anim (when the strike is visibly made).

I don't know if this is clear for you, my english is far from being good (and it's getting worse :mad:)

The only thing that is missing is the ablity to protect oneself from the strikes. If you've got any idea...

@ProfTournesol

The only thing that is missing is the ablity to protect oneself from the strikes. If you've got any idea...

There is a unit in OFP, that can block strikes, it is called Itweas Jedi http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10590

At least that is all I know.

Take care, Icarus :)

hi,

There is a unit in OFP, that can block strikes, it is called Itweas Jedi http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10590

Yes that's a very nice addon but also very scripted.

The first thing who come to my mind is to make the shield as a vehicle. The driver is protected by the vehicle's armor to simulate the shield. But I am not addon maker so it might be a stupid idea. Maybe have a look in the OFPWH40K units you could find a good solution.

cya.

Nikiller.

Is it possible to release just the addons that are currently complete? great screenshots by the way, some quite remind me of rome total war, especially the ballistas and such. I may seem impatient but this mod has been in the works for quite a while

Is it possible to release just the addons that are currently complete? great screenshots by the way, some quite remind me of rome total war, especially the ballistas and such. I may seem impatient but this mod has been in the works for quite a while

True that i've been working on this for quite a while. But that's one of my hobbies, so i'm ok with this. I won't release anything uncomplete, particularly the island.

Yes that's a very nice addon but also very scripted.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

hi,

You say it like it's a bad thing.

No, not at all :) and I was pretty impressed by the way itweas (the lightsaber addon maker) did the job :cool:. I myself like scripting solutions but if there's another way to have the same result using only ofp engine I would go for this solution. I said "it is also very scripted" since, if I am not mistaken, ProfTournesol wants less scripts as possible and in my opinion this solution was too scripted to feet his block attacks request :).

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

hi,

No, not at all :) and I was pretty impressed by the way itweas (the lightsaber addon maker) did the job :cool:. I myself like scripting solutions but if there's another way to have the same result using only ofp engine I would go for this solution. I said "it is also very scripted" since, if I am not mistaken, ProfTournesol wants less scripts as possible and in my opinion this solution was too scripted to feet his block attacks request :).

cya.

Nikiller.

Indeed. In fact, i'm working hard to finish the objects for the map (various houses etc.) and some more things (like a big catapult, some more civilians...), then a few missions (i'm afraid i won't have time to make a campaign ATM), then i'll release the whole thing. After the release, with some helps i hope, we will be able to see how it's possible, scriptwise, to create a decent blocking system, if it's worth it.

naturepv.jpg

druidse.jpg

villagew.jpg

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

nuitwa.jpg

Edited by ProfTournesol

Empty post ProfT? Pic maybe ? I see nothing.

Bielow

The pictures work fine for me ...