Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Veni Vidi Vici Mod (Romans and Barbarians)

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteo1944 View Post
    Is this mod finished or what?
    What

Spoiler:

I'm concerned about the mod's multiplayer compatibility. Have you tested if the stroke "weapons" work in multiplayer? Personally I've never got the StrokeGun or Fist to work, the weapons won't just appear. It seems like stroke weapons added at the init of the mission via config or script won't work, but a weapon acquired after the beginning will do. In singleplayer they work just fine.

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellikki View Post
    I'm concerned about the mod's multiplayer compatibility. Have you tested if the stroke "weapons" work in multiplayer? Personally I've never got the StrokeGun or Fist to work, the weapons won't just appear. It seems like stroke weapons added at the init of the mission via config or script won't work, but a weapon acquired after the beginning will do. In singleplayer they work just fine.
    I'm not looking into MP compatibility, but maybe i could count on someone to check it ? There won't be any weapon added through the init line, only configwise.

AFAIR, the only scripts i'm using through configs are those detecting the bow shots to make the arrows appear on the guys, the one animating the horse, and the one giving ammunitions to bowmen (so that they have enough magazines and play reload animations each time).

I have to ask..when the mod will be finished? And what exactly do you work? (in the mod?)

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by popelar83 View Post
    I have to ask..when the mod will be finished?
    ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by popelar83 View Post
    And what exactly do you work? (in the mod?)
    See the first page of this topic.

I already see,this is going to be mod,that shall be spoken about for many years...
    "A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic."
    -Joseph Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo1944 View Post
    I already see,this is going to be mod,that shall be spoken about for many years...
    Is that in the good context or the bad context

In good context,from what i saw this will be AWESOME mod...

hi,

Looking forward to this mod. Nice textures, anim' and models. Elephants with gunner is a very good idea. I'm impressed by your creativity.

I am very curious about how you make 2 units come close to each other and fight. I don't know if you will understand what I mean but in ofp units with StrokeFistHit ammo and StrokeFist weapon never go near an enemy to do close combat, they stay away or doesn't move at all. Are you using scripting or did you found a trick to set cfgAmmo/Weapons in order to make the AI move to an enemy and kill him in close combat? My english is so poor that's very difficult . Thanks to explain .

cya.

Nikiller.
    Last edited by Nikiller; Jan 23 2012 at 22:57.
    [LOL] ofp/ArmA clan since 2004.
    No Respawns, No Crosshairs, No Muppets.
    Want a good ofp/ArmA2 coop? Visit the [LOL] clan homepage | ofp [LOL] addons pack | ArmA2 [LOL] addons pack

WW4mod25 sound replacement mod v1.1 | Nikiller's scripts pack

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiller View Post
    hi,

Looking forward to this mod. Nice textures, anim' and models. Elephants with gunner is a very good idea. I'm impressed by your creativity.

I am very curious about how you make 2 units come close to each other and fight. I don't know if you will understand what I mean but in ofp units with StrokeFistHit ammo and StrokeFist weapon never go near an enemy to do close combat, they stay away or doesn't move at all. Are you using scripting or did you found a trick to set cfgAmmo/Weapons in order to make the AI move to an enemy and kill him in close combat? My english is so poor that's very difficult . Thanks to explain .

cya.

Nikiller.
    Thanks for your kind words.

I don't like scripted attacks, mainly because of the lag (nearestobjects loops etc.). So yes, i simply use the strokegun/strokefist ability of the game, but by changing mainly the range of attack and adding "primary=10" in the weapons config. Then, as you may know, the animation allowing strokegun is only available in "UP" stances ("combat") in Vanilla game. So, i added these animations to the other stances ("CROUCH" AND "LYING"), given the fact that i've also replaced the LYING animations by the CROUCH ones. So now, units can fight whatever stance they may have.

You'll see that it's working quite well, and thanks to Sanctuary, i've got several attack animations depending on (1) the stance (2) the weapon used. Moreover, contrary to the Vanilla strokegun anim, i've split the animations in two parts connected to each other, so that the dammage is made at the middle of the anim (when the strike is visibly made).

I don't know if this is clear for you, my english is far from being good (and it's getting worse )

The only thing that is missing is the ablity to protect oneself from the strikes. If you've got any idea...

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast