Sign in to follow this  
allthumbs

tips on AT mission at night

I am referring to the first mission where you have to blow up the enemy armor at night. I have done the associated sniper mission, but this one gets me. Any tips? Thanks

Damn - someone must have something

Edited by allthumbs

Balls - you'd think someone out of 105 people would have some kind of advice :confused:

Have you ever played Metal Gear Solid? Well.

I kind don't remember that mission to much but i think there was 2 or 1 APC and a secundary obj than i never get.

You can plant a bomb on many apc's you can, get away, (prone and quiet or the SLA patrols will shoot the hell out of you) then shoot the last apc with rocket and blow up charges, THEN GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE and if you are lucky enough to complete secondary, do it.

I don't understand how this mission should be done. There's two BMPs and two Shilkas (all unmanned) which you need to destroy. Less than 10 soldiers guarding the place, but when player is spotted enemy reinforcements will arrive on two trucks. I have only one satchel and three rockets for the M136 launcher. How am I supposed to destroy all the vehicles at once?

I've tried satcheling one Shilka and then shooting one BMP with the launcher - so I get two, but there's no way I could get all four before the guards find/waste me. And if I try to kill the guards first, the reinforcements will arrive in few seconds and I'm dead. I don't have much firepower with one silenced M4A1...

The way to do the mission is to sneak up to the northern most vehicle, popping a guard if necessary and placing a satchel underneath, crawl away and go towards the high rise buildings overlooking the northern Corazol harbour. Blow the satchel and then enter the high rise building in order to climb to the roof. Stay low and wait for the enemy to calm down, then pop up and down while firing the AT-4's at the armour below, preferably also with a pause to get the SLA to become less agitated if required. Should the helicopter start patrolling, take cover in the stair well room and time your ventures out to coincide with the heli flying away.

Regards,

Sander

Thanks sander! That's a way different approach, will try.

A few things I've discovered. If you go to the secondary objective first you will find a couple remote camps. In one of the ammo crates of one of those camps (should be the second you'll come across) there are more satchel charges :) That's one way to do it if you can get close enough to the tanks. I've also found a chopper i can steal but good luck dealing with the patrolling one if you chose to steal the chopper... Lastly you can use a single satchel on shilka and get the other ones with your rpgs.

When you've dealt with the guards in the camp containing the document ( while I seldom manage to), steal that Mi-17 and fly all the way east, you'll see a white dot on the radar, which is the Ka-50. Land somewhere nearby, pop the pilot and the copilot, get in the helicopter, and fly to the first camp. Then you can have some fun leveling the place up.

haha nice idea, i never tried that, although i played and finished this mission in many different ways.

taking out the tanks is a bit tricky but not so hard

the kamov is tricky too, but shouldnt be a problem with rpgs from the camps

hm i think i will try playing this now with caa1 mod in arma2 :D