Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Legal to re-create BIS models?

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding BIS ODOL objects. I'm importing an island from OFP to ArmA 2 and on my island I already use some train tracks but they don’t look as nice as the ones in ArmA 2.

I sent a PM to one of the BIS people who didn’t bother to reply to me so I don’t know what to do.

BIS says it’s illegal to reverse engineer their models, but BIS never said anything about recreating their models, which means creating a model that looks almost exactly the same by myself using BIS textures.

I don't think it’s such a big deal to recreate like 5 train track models. So does recreating the model breach the EULA? if it’s not written in the EULA now, then BIS can't add it now anyway because when I accepted it, it wasn’t there.

The kind of things we have to go through just because of 1 option which would align the train tracks with the ground :mad_o: BIS should support the community by releasing at least some MLOD models, it’s the community who keeps their games alive anyway, without us ArmA 2 wouldn’t be half of a success like it is today...

If you create the models from scratch then it is absolutely legal as it is your own work.

If you create the models from scratch then it is absolutely legal as it is your own work.

Thank you :smile: thats what I wanted to hear. Sorry BIS :whistle: