Sign in to follow this  
Drongo69

CCE2 for Operation Enduring Freedom

I have adapted CCE2 for the Operation Enduring Freedom mod for WGL.

cce2.jpg

CCE2 is an MP coop "dynamic campaign" style mission for OFP (though it can be played SP). It randomly generates a series of missions, which must be completed to gain "Victory Points". When the players have enough VP (100 by default), they win. Players also gain "points" by which can be used to buy new vehicles, new troops, arty ammo etc.

Respawn in squad is used (with a 1 second delay). There is a built-in system (similar to DAC) to provide wandering enemy units and camps.

This release is beta 6. Previous versions of CCE were released for the WW4 modpack. The major difference with beta 6 is the new quick-orders menu:

cce2b.jpg

Features:

- MP/SP (a lot more fun in coop of course)

- Can easily add new friendly units to allow larger coop games

- Several mission types (eg. raid, patrol, pilot rescue, convoy, etc)

- Heaps of different locations

- CoC UA

- Wandering AI (similar to DAC)

- Enemy AI calls for backup and shares information

- Enemy AI can call mortars on the players

- Destroy enemy camps to reduce the flow of enemy units

- Very easy to mod (most arrays for units etc are in a single .sqs file)

- Can support multiple player groups

- Gain points to recruit new troops/vehicles

- In-squad respawn

Download CCE2 beta 6 for Operation Enduring Freedom (~260kb)

Requires:

Operation Enduring Freedom mod

CoC UA 1.1

afg_objects.pbo (included in this download)

Beta 7 Template (no addons required):

Download CCE2 beta 7 Template (no addons)

Edited by Drongo69

When I run the mission it says that I don't have WGLF15E addon. I can't find it on any ofp site. Any help?

Secondly, the name of the mission's picture is wrong - it shall be cce2.jpg instead of pic.jpg ;)

Looking forward to play the mission:bounce3:

Edited by Rainbow

Thanks Rainbow, I didn't realize the F-15 wasn't released yet. Both of those problems should now be fixed (using the A10 for now). Please download the file again, it is the same name but the changes have been made.

Today I had only 30 minutes to play the mission. My first objective was to Search&Destroy 20 enemy units anywhere on the map (good idea imo ;)). We (me and my squad) got in a helicopter and we flew away. I landed in some village where I had been attacked. After furious firefight we finally neutralized all of them. Then, suddenly, there appearded other enemy squad and we had to EVAC immediately! A few good men died durining evacuation. In reply they were hit by artillery (CoC indeed ;)). After rearming&rehealing in the base I got next mission - to rescue a downed pilot. I haven't even got in any vehicle when the mission was failed (bug?). There's also a problem with loading saves - usually ends on CTD.

Anyway, the mission has really good atmosphere. The good thing is Quick Command Menu - really useful thing. I haven't used airstrike, scan and other awesome stuff yet.

More opinions soon.

Edited by Rainbow

I get an error like,

Preprocessor failed on file

Users\FearElement\description.ext - error 1.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Edited by FearElement

@ FearElemnt:

Which version of the mission are you using? When does the error occur?

Oh I figured it out though, sorry, I should've pointed that out.

Thanks for the mission and the help.

I tryed the mission, but for some reason i cant find the menu to get missions, it never appears. not around the medic tent or anywhere else did i do something wrong?

hi,

Really impressive scripting/dialog work! I am very interested to a no WGL version of this command system. I would like to include it in my MP campaign, with full credits of course. Is it possible that you make a downloadable demo mission only with COC arti? Or even better is it possible to make a non addons version of the command system for full compatibility with every mods/addons?

Many thanks to keep ofp alive!

Good luck and cheers.

Cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

@ rebelsupertrooper

The building that let's you access the menu is the one marked by the red arrow in the picture below:

cce2.jpg

@Nikiller

Do you mean the squad control stuff? If so, just check the script "CCE\Orders\Order.sqs". Everything is handled in there. Of course, to use it with other missions you will need to make your own dialog, but OFP Dialog Maker should allow you to do that in 15-20 minutes. Or I could upload my OFPDM files for you to use if you like.

EDIT: First post has been updated with a no-addons template version for easy conversion to other mods.

Edited by Drongo69

i got a problem with this can you tell me if this is te correct start route???

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nomap -nosplash -mod=@wgl5;@OEF;@COC

because i get this error error loading taleb\taleb1.p3d (magic)

I am surprised they delete it.. but nvm.

Error message says:

Preprocessor failed on file

Users\Ozelo\missions\@CCE2b7Template.Eden\description.ext - error 1.

Thanks in advance for any help.

@Ozelo

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been away from my PC. That error may mean that you don't have CoC UA. Are you sure it is loaded?

@darkdexter

I haven't tried it with SLX. There is a lot of scripting going on, so there may be some conflicts. At any rate, you will have to change all of the units to non-WGL/OEF ones.

I accidentally left the WGL ammo enabled. In CCE\DefineUnits.sqs, find the two arrays called CCE_WeaponArray and CCE_AmmoArray. Edit these to remove any WGL entries.

I know I'm late to the scene. Sorry for bumping an old thread!

There's a mission in here that has the player grabbing intell from a downed blackhawk and then destroying the helicopter to complete the mission. When I destroy the helicopter my squad and every other friendly unit starts firing at me. I think its because when the player destroys the helicopter the AI sees it as an act of friendly fire and then proceeds to kill the player. Any solution for this?

That is a recurring problem with this type of mission. The only simple workaround is to use an empty enemy helo like an Mi8 or something instead of a Blackhawk.