Sign in to follow this  
Xen0tech

Can I play the SP scenarios with a friend?

I really like some of the sp scenarios but I wasn't able to figure out how to play them multiplayer. Anyone know a way? Thx

Unpack the mission (depbo), place in userfolder so u can open it in the editor. In there u can make existing other units playable or just place some extra. Pack it up again and place it in mpmissions.

Well I gave it a go but couldn't even figure out how to unpack the mission :( Couldn't find depbo either but someone said I could use cpbo. Cpbo doesn't come with instructions though.

Surely someone has done this and uploaded the missions somewhere but couldn't find them anywhere :(

You just doubleclick on the pbo when the tool is installed, just accept the "windows shell intergration" thingy or whatever it is called. Not sure if it works with Win7 though, wouldn't work on our server at least.

Note that simply converting a mission from singleplayer to multiplayer will most likely fail. The other player might not see messages, get the features, error messages etc. Mission making for multiplayer is a whole different beast.

cpbo definitely works in Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. I use it all the time.

Rgr that. Must be that ours is running 64bit then, or that the server version is a bit weirder. I'm not familiar with either.

if you wanna play the campaign (or any other mission for that matter, provided there's more than 1 human-playable slot)

you simply have to host it onthe internet.

imho making missions on the editor ,hosting them and playing them with a couple of good friends is the best way to play arma.

at least until some good pvp modes and servers come up ;)

good luck and have fun. welcome to this outstanding comunity

if you wanna play the campaign (or any other mission for that matter, provided there's more than 1 human-playable slot)

you simply have to host it onthe internet.

imho making missions on the editor ,hosting them and playing them with a couple of good friends is the best way to play arma.

at least until some good pvp modes and servers come up ;)

good luck and have fun. welcome to this outstanding comunity

I hav been trying to figure that out. How to play the SP stuff with a few friends such as the scenarios and campaign missions. The only maps/missions I can see are the built in ones for MP. I can't figure out how to get them running on my server. They just aren't in the list of things to choose in the MP mission selection. I really want to play Village Sweep with a buddy of mine. I will try the pbo extraction method if I can find a tool that runs on 64 bit windows 7 but I'm not sure what the pbo file is called. I can't find anything with the name Village in the file name.

Never mind. I figured it out. Extracted Missions_EW.pbo and Missions.pbo with cpbo.exe and copied the extracted folders to my missions folder. Thanks anyway and thanks to those who read my post.