Sign in to follow this  
vostov

Whats the absolute ideal graphics card setup for ARMA2 ?

I want to minimize the z-fighting I see... downrange when I scope sniper shots. I have an opportunity to upgrade my machine and I wondered what I should get?

get a top benchmarked card, e.g. for Nvidia get a GT not a GTX or GS or w/e they call them these days.

I have a 9600GT card and it is amazing - i can run arma 2 on full everything.

other people with bigger rigs (more cpu, ram, double the video mem) have problems and i don't.

it even ran arma 2 when it was in a single cpu, 2gb ram machine...

get the best most bells and whistles card you can with no history of overheating.... as arma2 can cook your card...

I recently bought a mid level card. Didnt want to spend over 200 bucks so I went with a Sapphire Tech Vapor-X 5770 for under 160. Runs super cool, super low power consumption, Direct X 11 capable, and eyefinty(3 monitors as 1 screen). Keep in mind that a GPU is only as capable as your CPU. Dont want to spend a ton on a card and bottle neck its performance with an older slower Cpu. I run the i7 920, 5770, 12gb of ram, and use a xbox 360 controller for pc. Get an average of 60-80fps too with high settings and 2000 view distance. I do disable aa though. If your budget, cpu, and power supply permit get any of the 5000 series dual gpu cards. They own!!

:)

We have a sticky thread for this sort of question here.

Closing as the troubleshooting forum is definitely the wrong place.

Just to be clear, I don't think changing graphics cards is going to fix the z-fighting, at all.