The procedure is as follows:
- Download+Install the wanted Mods
* Load the game with the wanted Mods
* Run the DumpConfig mission to dump the in memory config to the RPT
* Run the Trimconfig script that parses the RPT, cleans it and saves it as a config
* Run the Parser script that parses the config to XML, and from XML to Ruby/YAML
- Upload the YAML file to the server and import it
- Give the new imported version a name and, assign it to a mod
Starred entries are already automated, the rest should be do-able as well, but are minor manual tasks regardless.
Funnily I've offered Mikero from CWR yesterday to do it for their Mod, perhaps as a prelude to more mods
Before going brutal and get many mods in there, I feel I will have to improve the Parsing and Importing performance at the very least,
but also more back-end parts of the webapp will need some improving as well
I suppose I could make an utility so that people can generate and submit their own configs at some point.