Sign in to follow this  
mejoff

Floating aimpoint.

I've spent a very long time searching for this.

Is there a way to turn off the floating aimzone in OFP the way you can in ARMA 1 and 2? I've played with it for years but I've got fed up with having to think completely differently about the controls in OFP to the rest of my games.

Some busybody wannabe mods might be aware that I asked this question last year, but since they felt the need to involve themselves last time it got inexplicably moved into the troubleshooting section and only got a couple of replies, none of which solved my problem, so I'm trying again.

you have to edit the config, sanctuary can probably remember where and how. The floating zone in my opinion is one of the great things about this game, which was ruined in ARMA and you had to remove it to be playable.

STGN

You can tweak the X axis of the aim zone

In a main config, look for

class Man:Land

then scroll down until you see

minGunTurn=-5;
	maxGunTurn=5;

By setting those to 0 you should turn off the X axis for the aiming zone, or by modifying that number you can expand/lower it.

For the Y axis, no such luck, as the

minGunElev=-60;
	maxGunElev=60;

That apparently control it will not just remove the Y axis of the aim zone, but will unfortunately even prevent you to move the gun up/down if you turn them off .