Sign in to follow this  
bangtail

F1 2010 looks interesting (even if it is made by CM).

As always, it's CM so pinch of salt etc but I don't see that DB Lenton anywhere and this does actually look kinda good IMHO.

Discuss :D

Does look good, I have always been a hardcore F1 fan, if it isn't anal enough I'll probably knife a developer the next time I pass their HQ.

PLEASE dont be fooled again by such a publisher.... They talk smooth, but the game can be horrible! do NOT buy the game before you played the demo! Quality standards get forgotten when thousands of kiddies pre-order a game :s (absolute no offense to above posters)

Aside, the graphics (wich is the only thing you can judge by that horrible video) look just like GP 2 from 1996...

7135_0.gif :D

To be honest it seems like yet another try-to-market-as-realistic-simulator arcade racer like Sony's F1'06.

Of course it won't come anywhere near iRacing or Live for Speed. But they could at least try to make it play like a Simbin game.

Those are quite popular, yet very realistic.

The thing with OPF:DR is that I knew it was going to be bad before release, this looks very good and I'm generally happy with CM Racing Games.

Well if during the development this game has a quote as halarious as..

"Now as you can see I've taken a hit to head. Its nothing serious, but I am bleeding badly"

could be rather more like

"Now as you can see ive lost my steering wheel, Its nothing serious, but im spinning wildly"

:D

What is their fetish with showing talking people in a video supposedly about a game, just show gameplay, and put a narrative voice so we can actually see what the game is like?

... ah yes, CM ... :j:

Graphics look good, but that is to be expected in a game that follows a narrow path.

I notice an instrumental (and remix) of F.E.A.R. by Ian Brown in the background of that video, so thumbs up there. CM have generally made reasonable racing games, if not a little samey. I'll wait for a demo.

I suppose we should always support a developer who is targeting the SIM market. But it is too early to judge if this is going to be a true SIM or yet another Grid.

As for me I am very content with the F1 mods for GTR2 thank you very much..........

I suppose we should always support a developer who is targeting the SIM market. But it is too early to judge if this is going to be a true SIM or yet another Grid.

As for me I am very content with the F1 mods for GTR2 thank you very much..........

They are talking like it's a sim but I'll reserve final judgement based on their past shenanigans :D

CM have generally made reasonable racing games

I've liked a few of their racing titles as well. Even though I can't watch racing on TV (bores the shit out of me) I do like racing video games.

I'll NEVER buy CM game again, what if a gamebreaking bug was found and they decided not to support their game anymore.... it has happened before!

I suppose we should always support a developer who is targeting the SIM market.

With "that other game", CM did not support the sim market - they spat on it. For what they did with that game, I will never buy another game with the Codemasters name on it. Even if everyone is playing it. Simply out of principle.

Cash and Grab 2.0 F1 series ?????

Cash and Grab 3.0 Bodycount aka successor to Black ????

Dont trust CM, and there highly tech propaganda.

ego engine equals= bugs, everything being hardcoded in, and low res textures. Even Dirt 2 has them.

(I got Dirt 2 for free, and its well not that NICE.....) ;)

OH I forgot my favorite area about Consolemasters

POST RELEASE SUPPORT

CM "We will support the game for very long time"

4 months later, after 2 measly little DLC's Freeroam mode and Spectator mode CM has decided that they will drop support for this game today and we know you were left wanting even more. Time to do another Cash and Grab."

Community= Dead, 2 morons(a generalization) still hoping for something, completely dead forums and of course no mods even though CM will most likely try to scam you once more for another buck. This time it will be re-branded to "Community made items" change your vehicles bumperstickers!!

The innovation.............. MY LEG IT F***ing HURRTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Edited by Flash Thunder

Cash and Grab 2.0 F1 series ?????

Cash and Grab 3.0 Bodycount aka successor to Black ????

Dont trust CM, and there highly tech propaganda.

ego engine equals= bugs, everything being hardcoded in, and low res textures. Even Dirt 2 has them.

(I got Dirt 2 for free, and its well not that NICE.....) ;)

OH I forgot my favorite area about Consolemasters

POST RELEASE SUPPORT

CM "We will support the game for very long time"

4 months later, after 2 measly little DLC's Freeroam mode and Spectator mode CM has decided that they will drop support for this game today and we know you were left wanting even more. Time to do another Cash and Grab."

Community= Dead, 2 morons still hoping for something, completely dead forums and of course no mods even though CM will most likely try to scam you once more for another buck. This time it will be re-branded to "Community made items" change your vehicles bumperstickers!!

The innovation.............. MY LEG IT F***ing HURRTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Seriously if your going to start attacking people you should read the B.I.S. forum rules. It is typical that a few bad eggs always try to pull a forum down to a lower level of debate.

:mad:

I suppose we should always support a developer who is targeting the SIM market.

Yeah, the game is going to be very realistic as Cm says and that's why they're not going to implement warm-up laps and the pacecar. Als you can see it's made with the EGO engine because of that fuzzy yellowish-brown postprocessing haze crap so that means no modding. At least the console gamers don't have to worry about not getting an editor.:rolleyes:

Beware of Consolemasters' target rendering magic.

CM is always saying it's gonna be this and that but in the end its always bullshit. We will see but I just somehow have a feeling its gonna be bad.

I don't care what anyone says, Codemasters do make good racing games. DR shouldn't even be brought into this occasion.

Different team, different management.

Please. Just no. Don't do this to me people.

I am a hardcore racing simulation fan, as you guys are hardcore Arma 2 simulation fans, and I know a case of fraud when I see it.

This is just as bad, maybe WORSE than what they did to dragon rising. Complete BS.

Codemasters have ruined the one thing I hold close to me.

I hope they go bankrupt or something.

Argghhh.

But the same marketing/PR team, for all we know. And that's what got people to buy DR, wasn't it? All that false marketing and PR. I, for one, don't care if they may have had some decent driving games in the past (which weren't "great" compared to other titles), they still pump bullshit into the public eye. They're frauds.

You wan't to know something guys.

I went to the official F1 CM forums and went to a thread HELIOS, yes, HELIOS, has started, as he has the same role there as he did at DR.

I posted that I know what he had done and that he would not get way with it, and I linked all the members to the old forums...

He removed all my posts as fast as he could hahaha.

CM are a bunch of...

Um....

You know, I have never been a complete hater of anything before. Honestly, I can't think of any thing I hate with all my heart, other than Codemasters.

They started so good back in the late 90's, the games they made were fantastic...What you are seeing now is the result of going big, and commercial, and GREEDY.

F you CM. F you.

I don't care what anyone says, Codemasters do make good racing games. DR shouldn't even be brought into this occasion.

Like Dirt 2 is? Dude please.