Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

Is the Waypoint "Timeout Counters" in seconds or minutes?

Well, so far I've failed in even getting these to work properly but maybe someone can at least tell me if the values you enter are minutes or seconds?

I'd like a group of tanks to wait for 3 minutes at their second waypoint but they just plow on through no matter what values I enter. I set min, mid, max all to the same value and I just assumed it was in minutes. So put in "3" for each of those. Is this wrong?

it's in seconds. So I gues it would be 180.

Btw. Do you know the difference between timeout and countdown? If not: Timeout means that the unit will wait for the given time at the waypoint before the waypoint is considered completed. Countdown means that the unit will go to the waypoint, which is considered completed, and after the given time the unit will move to the next waypoint.

Nicolai

Ehm, what? I only have timeout as option for waypoint times, not countdown. Countdown is an option I only get in triggers. But yes, seconds.

CarlGustaffa is correct.

As far as Countdown and Timeout for triggers goes though, Countdown means that the condition just have to be true at one brief moment, and then waits the Countdown amount of time before the trigger becomes true (and runs the On Activation actions). Timeout means that the condition has to be continously fulfilled for the Timeout amount of time before the trigger becomes true (so if you set a trigger to BLUFOR Present and has the time set to 60 seconds, then if Blufor leaves the area after 45 seconds the timer will reset, and once blufor enters the area again they'll have to start over from zero seconds).

So what is the correct way to have them sit there for 3 minutes before moving on?

min, mid, max

Do I put 180 in for each field? Do I put 180 in for just one field and leave the others at 0?

Put 180 in every one. It works so that it randomizes a value between the min and max value. The mid value can be used to make the randomization more partial towards either end.

I.e. if you have it set to min=60, mid=150 and max=180 then there's a 50% chance the value will be somewhere between 60 and 150, and a 50% chance it'll be somewhere between 150 and 180.

Put 180 in every one. It works so that it randomizes a value between the min and max value. The mid value can be used to make the randomization more partial towards either end.

I.e. if you have it set to min=60, mid=150 and max=180 then there's a 50% chance the value will be somewhere between 60 and 150, and a 50% chance it'll be somewhere between 150 and 180.

Wonderful, thank you so much for the description. This is going to make my scenarios really nice. :)