Sign in to follow this  
csj

Shaaark!

@CSJ

Any chance we'll see your wonderful sharks submerge eventually?

The way that the animations are set up for the tail, no afaik.

The fin is under water most the time, why the need for going deeper?

i totally understand the problems you are facing ...so the diving..or just the ability to go deeper aint that important, however it would be nice...maby do it in the way gnats subs work...where they dont acculy turn down, but sorta glid lower..and belive it or not, if its already moving it would work\look pretty good!

btw i may have a future project for ya..now the model is not mine is a good buddys of mine who is a member on here, but is a well respected Marine, and is currently prepering for a deployment to a-stan! so for now unless he says its ok..im gonna leave his name out while just talking over the public forum!

so im not in anway taking credit for it, but because of his deployment, he cannot finish it, and he told me he would need alot of help anyways, so he asked if i could find someone who can get it done...so im hoping you take it on...its a model of a camel...and would go great with OA! needs to be animated and textured(i can get it textured if need be) just needs to work(ie walk..and all the good stuff camels do...:D)...i have his permission to give you the model(specialy as your a well respected addon maker) along with anyone else who is a respected\honest addon maker...but before i can give the model to anyone else i need to get the ok...but CSJ, you already have the clear...pm me if you want to know more...

Dave,

Hello CSJ :)

thanks for the shark-Addon.

Is there a new version on first post ?

what have you actually changed :bounce3:

Well, first off I think they are outstanding as-is. But you can kind of keep track of them a bit too well imo. If they could submerge part-time, then even when you're in the water looking all around and don't see any sharks, hell they might be right below you for all you know!

In any event, it's a great addon CSJ. And thanks for all that work you must have put into it! :)

Hello CSJ :)

thanks for the shark-Addon.

Is there a new version on first post ?

what have you actually changed :bounce3:

Changes since first release were removing of the sea spray waterEffect as shark swam and added server Key.

...maby do it in the way gnats subs work...

I guess he would use a translation type animation which I have already applied and had working in buldozer but not in game. Maybe it is just a typo in my sqf? When I get back around to the model I will have a closer look.

btw i may have a future project for ya..

If I can help out I will but I do not finish off OP models.

I just got the latest version and for some reason the shark doesnt swim around anymore?

I place it in the water, and when i preview the mission it'll just sink to the bottom, get stuck in the seabed and consequently it'll die.

I tried placing some human bait in the water but it doesnt react to it. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Changes since first release were removing of the sea spray waterEffect as shark swam and added server Key.

I guess he would use a translation type animation which I have already applied and had working in buldozer but not in game. Maybe it is just a typo in my sqf? When I get back around to the model I will have a closer look.

If I can help out I will but I do not finish off OP models.

ok thanks for the responce's:), cant wait too see what else comes from this, and i hope all goes well with getting the shark to dive...good luck bud!

Dave,

I just got the latest version and for some reason the shark doesnt swim around anymore?

I place it in the water, and when i preview the mission it'll just sink to the bottom, get stuck in the seabed and consequently it'll die.

I tried placing some human bait in the water but it doesnt react to it. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Must use civ\csj_animals not empty\csj_animals

- empty animal = dead animal

Thanks for a fun addon and the associated mission CSJ.

For anyone that really wants to play as a shark you just need to place a shark and make him "PLAYABLE" then start the mission and team switch to the shark. You can move around as the shark. I haven't figured out how you can attack with the shark yet however.