Sign in to follow this  
vitoal125

Remember me?

Remember me, about 12 weeks ago I told you all that I was leaving to go to boot camp. Today I return on the beginning of my 10 days of leave as a US Marine and probably one of the few people on these boards who have actually fired the real M16A2 service rifle and done some combat training. I go back to the school of infantry on April 30 to commence my real training on being a grunt in America's finest fighting force. Well, time to check out whats changed!

okay, here are 2 tips for the field:

1. the front sight is a GREAT can opener!

2. the rifle is the best tent pole ive used ever!

enjoy! wink.gif

Actually you'd be surprised how many people here are or have been in the armed forces.

How are the Marines ? I thought about taking a break from school and joining. I need motivation, bossing around, and pushing my body to its physical and mental limits might be a little helpful too. But I have a great haircut and don't want to lose it, lol (long live the King)

good tips, but where do you get cans? I just got some MREs that say they were packaged in 1997. During the crucible, one of my MREs had a m and m package in it that had an old million dollar contest that had to be redemed in october of I think 98. But for all those who are feeling motivated and deciced to join the ranks of the devil dogs, use your sleeping bag to sleep in when in the field. Its a heck of a lot warmer then what our DIs wanted us to sleep in (poncho liner and poncho). He called it a taco shell and said it would keep us nice and warm, but I nearly froze my rear end off.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">probably one of the few people on these boards who have actually fired the real M16A2 service rifle and done some combat training<span id='postcolor'>

Welcome to the club. As advocatexxx said, you'd be surprised at how many people here have served or are serving in thier country's military, myself included. The military aint nothin' big to brag about. smile.gif

Welcome back.

Tyler

sorry...... we still use cans as our MRE.LOL biggrin.gif

and dont worry, the tinned meat we had was almost 9 years old, and it was considered quite new.

remember , sleeping bags wont be with you always! u better find some way to sleep in that poncho (i use thermal underware and shirt) so start improvising! thats the first rule of the soldier!

Welcome back smile.gif

USMC huh? That means you might get to play VBS some day smile.gif

Sorry, have to move this to OT...