Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O2 light to Blender to O2 light

Missing P3D option

Hi, this seems like a great addon, but there is no P3D option in my File->Import/Export menus.

I have placed the files (io_export_ofp_p3d.py, io_import_ofp_p3d.py and the folder ofp containing __init__.py, mlod.py and resolutions.py) in Blender Foundation\Blender\2.66\scripts\addons.

I did notice that my __init__.py folder is empty, is that a problem? Any ideas?

In Blender click on File then on User Preferences

In the Addon panel , select Import/Export

Then scroll down until you see the entries, and enable them

Note : if you want the addon to stay enabled everytime you launch Blender, after enabling the addon, on the bottom of the User Preferences window click on "Save User Settings"

Thanks very much Sanctuary it shows up now.

EDIT:

I've found after opening the p3d that my model ends up facing the wrong way. I've tried moving it around in blender first, but it still faces the wrong way. It is fairly easy to correct in oxygen, but I wondered if you knew why it was happening and if I can stop it?
    Last edited by Fickle; Apr 18 2013 at 15:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Fickle View Post
    Thanks very much Sanctuary it shows up now.

EDIT:

I've found after opening the p3d that my model ends up facing the wrong way. I've tried moving it around in blender first, but it still faces the wrong way. It is fairly easy to correct in oxygen, but I wondered if you knew why it was happening and if I can stop it?
    Are you sure it faces the wrong way? When you import a P3D and export it again, it should have the same orientation as it had before.

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mach2Infinity View Post
    I have a project I want to get on with for ArmA 2 and I want to use Blender as I find it far superior to O2. I can't wait to use these export/import files. Thank you very much Sanctuary. You're a star mate.

Update - I put the files in the correct location as per your instructions in the PDF tutorial but I received this error when I attempted to import "BISoldier.p3d":

http://i.imgur.com/nh7tEDG.jpg

Second update - I used the model you provided with the tutorial and it worked. The other one I tried was for ArmA 2, should there be a major difference? Seeing as they're both in .p3d format. Thanks again!
    Yeah, the P3D MLOD-format for OFP and Arma is a little bit different. I have not tested the MLOD-reader code with the latest P3Ds, so it would be nice to hear what error message appears (after applying the read_P3DM-patch).

Quote Originally Posted by vektorboson View Post
    Are you sure it faces the wrong way? When you import a P3D and export it again, it should have the same orientation as it had before.

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Ah, what I did differently was I started off with something I made in blender and then exported as P3D. I didn't initially import a P3D into blender. Although having got an upside down model into oxygen I decided to try importing the P3D back into blender that was originally a .blend file.. I hope you understand..

Anyway, I got this error message and nothing was imported:

EDIT: P.S. I have applied the read_P3DM patch.

P.P.S I tried importing a BIS sample model to blender and that isn't working either.
    Last edited by Fickle; Apr 19 2013 at 10:43.

Ok, thanks. I'll look into the P3DM-code; seems I missed a few things when cleaning and refactoring.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123