Sign in to follow this  
scorpio17523

Colour Correction

Hi everyone, I've been getting back into ArmA 2 lately, getting loads of great mods etc, but while watching some cool videos on YouTube I saw this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpW_o46tg30

Now it has appeared in many topics (this video and similar ones) regarding the

@Nighstalkers (Color Module) Colour Correction Module to get the game looking how it does.

I am aware that it is from the Namalsk Island, that it is a module to be used in the mission editor. I am also aware that there are scripts that allow you to discover and change the hue, saturation, RGB values in game for setting up modules for a mission in the editor.

My question is this. Is there just a simple Mod that is available that just applies the Colour Correction seen in that video to EVERYTHING?

I don't want to have to unpack a mission and change file values or anything like that. Just a simple Mod that I can activate in my Target Line before launching the game that will apply those changes (Colour Correction) to everything.

I have searched and looked in so many different places and could not find such a thing. If I have indeed missed it then my appologies and could someone please point me to it.

I am not a scripter, I am just after a simple solution.

Any assistance would be much appriciated.

Thanks

Scorpio

Bump

It's in high demand by so many people. So to all you mod makers out there... The first person to make one that does this will become famous over night, lol. Everyone will praise you and worship the ground you walk on.

So if there is already one out there then please, someone point me to it. If not, then please someone make one.

@ebanks129:

My question is this. Is there just a simple Mod that is available that just applies the Colour Correction seen in that video to EVERYTHING?

I think he is looking for an Addon to change his pp-effects an not for a mission-specific solution.

Well, I hope somebody from the creating-front will post to your request, because I had the same idea/wish since a few weeks.

But in general, such posts are better placed in the Addon request thread or here.

Hmmm I still think ebanks129 is right you just make two files and copy them to every mission you make..its real simple

(I apologise if you already know this)

make a text file, paste this in it

if (not isdedicated) then {

execvm "effects.sqf"

};

rename the text file to this

init.sqf

then make another text file, paste this

_hndl = ppEffectCreate ["colorCorrections", 1501];

_hndl ppEffectEnable true;

_hndl ppEffectAdjust [ 1, 1, 0, [0, 0, 0, -0.31],[1.9, 1.9, 1.73, 0.7],[0.2, 1.1, -1.5, 1.64]];

_hndl ppEffectCommit 0;

Rename that file to

effects.sqf

and move both to the directory of your mission, in your arma folder in Documents.

That effect look like this

http://www.otakubrothers.com/arma2Thirsk07.jpg

but you can instead paste this and get a nice sandy look

_hndl ppEffectAdjust [ 1, 1, 0, [1.01, -2.46, -1.23, 0],[2.11, 1.6, 0.71, 0.8],[1.43, 0.56, 3.69, 0.31]];

_hndl ppEffectCommit 0;

and that looks like this

http://www.otakubrothers.com/Arma2sand1.jpg

but the one your looking for might be more like this

(again paste this in effects.sqf)

_hndl ppEffectAdjust [ 1, 0.21, 0, [0.1, 0, 0, 0],[3.59, 3.49, 3.78, 0.83],[-0.31, 0.08, 3.79, 5]];

_hndl ppEffectCommit 0;

But like all colour effects there very individual and subject to different Nvidia/Ati settings and monitor,

Also you might like to increase your saturation/contrast on your GFX card, as Arma is a bland beast.

PS I use colour tints in all my missions now:)

Arma 2 VMA+AAF Operation Broken-Fork (23-3-2010)

Arma 2 F-14 Fun 1

Arma 2 Fun with Zombie Script

Edited by DMC_RULEZ

really nice settings, DMC_RULEZ!!

-testet your -ppEffectAdjust [ 1, 1, 0, [0, 0, 0, -0.31],[1.9, 1.9, 1.73, 0.7],[0.2, 1.1, -1.5, 1.64]] yesterday @thirsk. Never got such a nice adjustment, when i experimented with it in the past.-Well done!

Do you know a way how to get your 2 example-settings in a config for an addon?-Perhaps then you can simply choose via userconfig which pp-preset you will load in the beginning.

-Read some tutorials for addon-creating, but these tell you mostly how you get a new object/texture and not only a simple config loaded.

For me, I´m a total beginner in addon-creating so i don´t know, if its just simple to create something like this or if its more complicated or even not possible.

Edited by WillaCHilla

Glad you like them guys :bounce3:

..but as to your question WillaCHilla I have no idear how to get that option available..(sorry)...if anything i'm soon going to release a timed delay multi tint script that works over the day and fades into eachother :)

So that might help in having two options avalable or all ten tints .. (so far testing 10 tints throughout the day) ...you could always just replace ones in my script with your own....and pick a time of day ingame. :)

Hi DMC!

Can you put these code lines into config.cpp when creating an island to force those color effects???

Greetings!

I would like to see this too.

I guess addon request thread would be best, It would be nice to have a auto exec addon that gives you a menu option to set a colour setting of your choosing (using a config script) at any time while using the game.

There is a warfare variant mission out (forget which one) that has this in nice graphical menu, would be nice to see that idea pulled out into a addon.

"Colour Settings Addon Mod" << that's what would be needed.

There are some realy nice tints to use that are around that have allot more immersion than stock map colors, suprised this hasn't already been released.

Edited by mrcash2009

Agreed - I have been interested in such an auto-executing addon for some time. I'm sure it would be fairly simple to create for an experienced addon maker.