Sign in to follow this  
-=Firewall=-

Teamkiller in warfare game

Well, I just started 5 warfare games on different servers and everytime there was a player who killed the mhq of his own team. Some people are really weird.

We need some mechanism to stop this idiots.

There should be a skript to prevent teamkilling your own mhq and a mechanism to expose these guys.

What experiences do you have and what suggestions?

Hi all

Playing on good well admined servers has been the solution across all games, TKs do not last long on the adminned servers since you can ban their ID if your the server admin, or report them to the server admin and let them do it for you.

You can also kick the person as a voted admin.

There is a list of server commands here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Armed_Assault:_Multiplayer_Server_Commands

Most of the established communities run a public server just so they can harvest the IDs of such people and put them on the ban lists. Better to play on their locked and hidden community servers rather than the public ones.

I must admit I mainly play on established servers and I have only seen 1 purposeful TK in the last year so they are relativley rare in the established community servers. Join One of the communities listed in the Squads and Fanpages section of the forum. ;)

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

At least 1 time a tk used a skript to kill his own mhq. The other times we know his nickname. I hope the admins could find out his ID.

Edited by -=Firewall=-

OMG, Same here, I dont think that the past 5 games I played ever ended in a normal victory, they all ended with a tker's help. Kicking is innefective since it only takes one shot for one idiot to ruin an hour long game and force it to be restarted. Can't they make it in the next patch that the MHQ cannot be TKed by a friendly unless it's a Commander or something?

ID Bans are ineffective. There are hacks that even bypass Battleye that let people change their ID on the fly, and the real troublemakers are using these. The only (halfway) effective countermeasure is IP ban with Battleye.

why they dont implement a solution which makes the mhq unbreakable for friendlies?

Because then they will destroy everything else, and the only full solution would be to eliminate friendly fire altogether, and even then they'd probably just run the game 8 times to fill the whole team so that good players can't join. Seriously you can't stop grievers in any other way than banning them, and if that doesn't work then it's really not solve-able.

Because then they will destroy everything else, and the only full solution would be to eliminate friendly fire altogether, and even then they'd probably just run the game 8 times to fill the whole team so that good players can't join. Seriously you can't stop grievers in any other way than banning them, and if that doesn't work then it's really not solve-able.

man i'm not so sure,well you can add a simple light script which makes

every construction unbreakable for friendlies,so you have removed the possibility

that someone can stop your match by destroying mhq,and he can't even ruin your side by destroying a factory in a critical moment.

seriusly guys is just a short script that should be added in the game.

maybe i'm missing some point...so why?

The point you're missing is that people will find ways to mess up your game no matter what you do if they really really want to.

mm i didn't miss this point...you can start to limitate the possibilites the people have to ruin the game.

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

What we need is a script. Im sure its doable. The outcome is simple - turn the stupid turd into a Cow or a Chicken in the game. Then he's fucked!

Teamkilling is an enormous threat! At least at all preceding weekends, 1 or more tk were present.They tk every warefare game, its impossible now to play. We have to do something against it or it will ruin the warefare game mode!

What we need is a script. Im sure its doable. The outcome is simple - turn the stupid turd into a Cow or a Chicken in the game. Then he's fucked!

Tell me the logic behind this "possible" script. There is nothing to my knowledge that can prevent a teammate from killing an HQ.

You can't prevent it but you can script a message to the admin which can then decide if to ban him or not. To work around a ban is probably too difficult for the common cheater, and that's assuming it's even possible.

You can't prevent it but you can script a message to the admin which can then decide if to ban him or not. To work around a ban is probably too difficult for the common cheater, and that's assuming it's even possible.

I had a guy named mike in my old clan's server that came in 10 times in a row with a different IP Address and PlayerID each time.

Had to temporarily ban an entire subnet, wasn't fun!

Luckily those are the exceptions rather than the rule.

HI,

May be this could help:

-Make the mhq and buildings invulnerable to friendly fire

-Mostly they tk with scripts, so we need a server which allows only the mission scripts. Other scripts wont affect the server and the game.

I don't know the game mechanics, but perhaps this could work. What do you think?

What you're asking for is not allowing a lot of addons to run. Why not just run a signature check then?

HI,

May be this could help:

-Make the mhq and buildings invulnerable to friendly fire

-Mostly they tk with scripts, so we need a server which allows only the mission scripts. Other scripts wont affect the server and the game.

I don't know the game mechanics, but perhaps this could work. What do you think?

why don't we disable friendly fire completely... how about no. It's supposed to be a tactical shooter with realism, friendly fire is required. Plus what happens if say you have an enemy hiding in your barracks and you know he's there. In a normal match you wouldn't fire a rocket at it cause you'd TK your building... but if ff was off then you could just kill the enemy without any chance of hurting your own stuff.

most server admins allow specific mods like sound mods and they do have signature checks on... but obviously there is a way around it anyways.

I once stole a enemy MHQ and hopes to be invulnerable because they wont shoot it...I was wrong. Yes script a TK protection, you will see how badly this might end.

Best protection against TK is a administrated server.

On TV2 or SuicidEsquad the general gamestime of a TKer ist about 15seconds as soon as he starts his typical behaviour.

PS: thats why a commander has to be near the HQ at all time...if someone spawns and beginns to plant Satchels...kill him... no matter what side he is.

mm i didn't miss this point...you can start to limitate the possibilites the people have to ruin the game.

No... you are missing the point, it only takes one major cheat to ruin a game so unless you remove everything that could possibly ruin the game (which in turn would ruin the game) then this thread is a waste of time... I've spent alot of time dealing with cheaters (they are not hackers, they use haxs) and hacked servers.

If someone is intent on ruining a game they are 99.9% sure to succeed, admined servers are the only tool to combat cheaters/grievers.

Love the "Useless Feedback" around here.

Love the "Useless Feedback" around here.

I agree, please stop.