Sign in to follow this  
-=Firewall=-

Teamkiller in warfare game

We had a hacker on our server for a few days - we monitored him took down all the ID's he used - His IP address but we finally ended up banning his GUID which never changes no matter what ID he uses..

We had a hacker on our server for a few days - we monitored him took down all the ID's he used - His IP address but we finally ended up banning his GUID which never changes no matter what ID he uses..

What is GUID?

And I posted this in Bennys CTI map thread as well. How about a force server admin mode when the map starts? In that case there it will be easy to kick the player fast when theres no server owners on. Maybe add a session (duration of the game) ban when kicked.

A GUID is a ID code generated by BattlEye that is unique to your IP or your copy of Arma 2 (not really sure here, $able can probably tell us) but essentially it means that even if you change your serial key, if your GUID has been banned you'll remain banned. You can't get around it as far as I know.

Best solution is to have a admin online. periode.

but there is ways you can do it by script.

example. you can have eventhandlers on the buildings that checks who fires.

if a player at your own side fired at the building. no dammage is set.

another way that would be nice. is everyone that teamkills a building gets moved to a prison. the id is stored in a variable. so when they join again in same round they get moved to prison. no respawn selection.. if they respawn,, they still spawn in prison.. and lets say only commander on your side can release the TKer from prison if it wasnt done on purpose.

but this last idea dosent help againts people that changes ther Id sadly.

another way that would be nice. is everyone that teamkills a building gets moved to a prison. the id is stored in a variable. so when they join again in same round they get moved to prison. no respawn selection.. if they respawn,, they still spawn in prison.. and lets say only commander on your side can release the TKer from prison if it wasnt done on purpose.

This does nothing to actually stop the TKer from potentially ruining the game by destroying a critical building, like the MHQ.

I don't know why this conversation is still going on, there is no way to prevent this besides having an admin on to deal with him/her.

i once wrote a script for domination that stopped anyone placing mines - satchels in the base area - if they attempted this they was forced to take out there pistol and shoot them selves in the head.. :)

This does nothing to actually stop the TKer from potentially ruining the game by destroying a critical building, like the MHQ.

Maybe the enemy teams should be able to vote to restore there enemies MHQ?

Like, say its been tked and everyone knows it. Both teams are serious players so in that case, out of fairness, it would probably not be a problem for the majority of people on the opposite team to vote back there enemirs MHQ to not ruin the game. Since, lets face it. Tactic nr 1 for griefers is to take out the MHQ. Even if kick banned after that, its a big deal for the side that lost the MHQ because it costs a great deal to repair.

A GUID is a ID code generated by BattlEye that is unique to your IP or your copy of Arma 2 (not really sure here, $able can probably tell us) but essentially it means that even if you change your serial key, if your GUID has been banned you'll remain banned. You can't get around it as far as I know.

I see. Thx for informing me.

Edited by JojoTheSlayer