Sign in to follow this  
Blake

The comprehensive ofp tank bug list

Here they are:

---------------------------------------------------

Numero 1

Target calling blocks the vehicle radio, so the commander can't issue targets or command fire (or moves).

Pure AI controlled tanks are not limited by this - they usually always gets the first shot in close quarters, because you can't issue any orders. There's even about 2 secs of silence after the target call before you can order anything!

Modern tanks have targeting computers. Couldn't we just say that the computers called out the targets (silently) so you could get on with the game and not die?

numero 2

AI drivers don't obey move commands properly. Combined with the issue above, this makes AI driving suicide.

When I say "fast" I don't mean "halt" or "turn around in a 360 degree circle". I mean FAST! It's usually an order you give when the toilet's on fire! AI failing to respond results in horrible death.

And when you say "left", why does he turn left and then right again?? Could atleast the turn keys not function a bit more like when you drive yourself? A little delay in response is fine - just not this returning-to-original-heading thing.

numero 3

When you hop into a tank, your entire squad hits the dirt, because you are "turned in" by default. It's fine that behaviour is controlled by the in/out thing, but could it please be limited to those actually inside the tank? It's not a problem to manually tell the infantry to get down when they actually have to.

Result is often that your tank crew is bellycrawling for bushes instead of getting inside the can (after been given the order to do so).

numero 4

When an enemy tank is driving right in front of you, you still can't lock on to him in many cases, because the game has decided you can't see him. If I have clear visual range and he's even moving at top speed, should I not be able to spot him?

Numero 5

Like Aaron Kane said - FIX the gun depression to more realistic.

It's now quite impossible to fire downwards from good hull-down positions (meaning tank hull is hidden behind hill & turret is only visible to enemy).

Numero 6

Commander should be able to turn around 360 degrees when they've turned out, just to get more view of the battlefield.

(and add option to use binoculars as tank commander if possible).

Numero 7

Gunner cant turn out while Tank Commander and Driver can

in MP games - why? works fine in SP.

Numero 8

Make tanks IMMOBILIZE when hit by mine. It cant be impossible even with current limited damage model - since even car tires can be shot flat preventing their movement. Make track sections in tank turn RED when hit by mine. But dont force crew to bail out when immobilized.

Numero 9

Make turret/hull armor weaker in rear areas. Now some tanks

are easier to destroy behind some aren't. Make ALL tanks take more damage when hit from behind.

Numero 10

BMP-1 CAN'T fire Sabot ammo in real life - only HEAT.

Numero 11

M2 Bradley CAN fire AP ammo like BMP-2.

Numero 12

M2 Bradley Tank Commander can't with his view when inside the tank making him totally useless without unrealistic 3rd person view.

Numero 13

Make BRDM more durable. Now it can be destroyed more easily than HUMVEE and BRDM is more like an APC.

Numero 14

Vulcan and M113 gunners can't be shot even though their

heads stick out clearly.

Additions to the list:

Numero 15

T-80 can fire AT-8 'Songster' anti-tank missile through it's gun tube.

Numero 16

When you press 'sight' key in tank driver position you can only look & zoom forward. Tank driver positions have 3 vision blocks-why can you look to different direction (left and right) too, for example with keypad keys?

Composed by WKK Gimball and Blake & others.

BIS comment on this one. Most should be easy numeric/statistics fixes.

Ah Nice fix list, For the 100th time already. All of these have been discussed over and over in numerous threads before and i'm sure BIS is fully aware. I'm not discouraging you from posting your thoughts about what needs to be fixed but personally i'm getting tired. So Imagine BIS and the pressure they are under but that's all part of the job i'd say. smile.gif

ha you forgot 1. tanks dont have zoom scopes. Usually magnification is 3x and 10x only. varies from nation to nation. M60 is an exception I think. It has a funky stereoscopic range finder. Well I assume m60s with laser range finders dont both with this.

Id love to see more realistic armor in game smile.gif. I still think panzer elite is the only game that truely as gotten tank warfare right. If only ofp was more like it in the armor department. ah well, its infantry stuff is real good at least.

oh and how the hell do you fire multiple tow missles? A gunner can only guide 1 at a time. This applies to m2s and cobras. Kind of lame isent it? oh ya and hinds as well.

Bis make me happy and fix the armor smile.gif . Ok i know it aint gonna happen but i can dream.

Don’t underestimate the BiS team. They included “Side Channel, Group Channel, Vehicle Channel†etcetera.

What they need to do is make it more OBVIOUS to newbies how to lock channels, so you can command tanks and APC’s without taget call interjection.

But I digress that perhaps this cannot work easily, without scripting. So they need to fix it so the player when acting commander, can select what channel he wants in order to avoid nonstop chatter, which costs lives and armor.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sheriff @ April 19 2002,08:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ah Nice fix list, For the 100th time already. All of these have been discussed over and over in numerous threads before and i'm sure BIS is fully aware. I'm not discouraging you from posting your thoughts about what needs to be fixed but personally i'm getting tired. So Imagine BIS and the pressure they are under but that's all part of the job i'd say.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

If there was a working search engine in the forums such reposting of ideas which were there before, wouldn`t happen so often...

But if the intentions are good, it doesn`t hurt. There are still people whining about the huey wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Flash Burn @ April 19 2002,09:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ha you forgot 1.  tanks dont have zoom scopes.  Usually magnification is 3x and 10x only.  varies from nation to nation.  M60 is an exception I think.  It has a funky stereoscopic range finder.  Well I assume m60s with laser range finders dont both with this.  <span id='postcolor'>

Of course, but current system is a fair compromise. At least tanks are able to use their optics and long-range hitting power

especially when LAWs and ATs have too flat and accurate trajectories and tanks are too easily hit.

One could go to extremes demanding proper Thermal vision for M1A1 gunner, but the stuff listed shouldnt require too much fixing.

If BIS stops patching OFP after Resistance upgrade, we really need a 3rd party 'Realism patch' team...but lets hope BIS will keep up the good work smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sheriff @ April 19 2002,09:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ah Nice fix list, For the 100th time already. All of these have been discussed over and over in numerous threads before and i'm sure BIS is fully aware. I'm not discouraging you from posting your thoughts about what needs to be fixed but personally i'm getting tired. So Imagine BIS and the pressure they are under but that's all part of the job i'd say.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

...But most of the fix lists around contain suggestions from civilian clothes to helicopter throttle smile.gif

This is list list concentrated on tanks only, some of those bugs listed above are just text/data fixes, helping to make game more realistic. And that's purpose of BIS i presume.