Sign in to follow this  
[GLT] Legislator

GLT CAA1 Config Fix & Localization

Here it is, a little bit later than I expected, but the config fix is ready.

This addon changes some config values of the file oac_core.pbo of the CAA1 mod. No original files will be changed or overwritten. This addon works

client side only and isn't required for playing missions with CAA1 content. It's meant to be used by mission creators that need some more clarity

in the editor.

Please keep in my mind that you need the final version of CAA1 and that I wasn't able to test the english localization because I'm owning the german version of ArmA II. Check the readme for credits, I didn't create CAA1, just this fix.

Content:

- Localization for the units and objects of CAA1 (english and german)

- Changed priority numbers for the faction classes

- Integrated some objects from unnecessary vehicle classes into ArmA II standard vehicle classes

- Added CfgGroups for units of CAA1

- KA-50 are visible again in the editor

- possible addon conflicts with AH-6 and MH-6 solved

gltoaccore1.th.jpggltoaccore3.th.jpggltoaccore4.th.jpg

The addon works good with GLT CA translation fixes and CfgGroups extension too :)

Future plans:

- Adding RACS crew reference of the Project RACS mod for the CAA1 RACS units

Download (link will remain online for 7 days)

Download @ armaholic.com

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

Nice work mate. Will give it a test with the English version.

Awesome Leg! Is it possible to fix the Medical M113's front heaviness or is that more of a caa1 pbo repair job? I was thinking about it since I've seen car/plane physics changed in addons.

I'm sorry, but I guess this is a model issue. A modder with much more experience may be able to fix it, but not me :( There are two warfare factory buildings having no textures for the vehicles inside too. I decided not to hide them in the editor because maybe some day someone will continue work for CAA1.

Good work and nice to see this project isn't complety abandoned ;) I'm also still busy finetuning OAC, mostly focussing on Arma1 unit/weapons/vehicle mappings.

The problems i still notice in CAA1/OAC:

- m113 word is missing in the RadioProtocol resulting in RPT errors and radio commands that aren't pronounced properly

- Porto is missing serveral textures and models, resulting in RPT errors. Didn't see anything missing ingame though.

@Foxhound:

Thanks for hosting :) 1st post has been updated.

@Sickboy:

I'm sorry, but I don't include any ACE fixes because I'm not using ACE. Basicly this was a claninternal addon which could be of use to somebody else as well so I decided to release it after asking for permission. If the ACE teams wants to include the fix (or the code of it better said) they're free to use it. Just take care of the usual credits stuff :)

@Legislator: Cheers for reply.

The fix isn't a specific hotfix for ACE though. It's a hotfix to make CAA1 properly A2 1.05 compatible iirc.

I think it fixes the UH1_Base inheritance and some others, the page I linked to is just written to describe compatibility towards ACE.

I never knew there was something incompatible regarding the UH1_base class. CAA1 (final version!) always worked perfect in A2 1.05 for me, even the choppers. What were the problems exactly? I'll have a look into the fix you mentioned, but it hasn't high priority right now for me. Got a bunch of other stuff waiting in the release-line :)