Sign in to follow this  
edgardeth

USMC FOB setpost template

Hi all!

I want to express my gratitude to the Arma2 community giving a lot of feedback on my previous FOB!

So here is a little something for the Arma2 community to play around with, maybe somebody even finds it useful. "hope so ;P"

I started the out by making what was to become an MOB, but I realized that such a project would be to big to comprehend.

This is a larger scale FOB set in the southwestern part of Chernarus, as it was the best place I could find due to its size. The base is about three times the size of the Compact FOB. It is basically built in the same manner, with several Hesco fortified compounds within a large perimeter wall. The realism of the base is rather questionable, but at least the ECP is made from sketches that I found on the net.

I have also placed some men and vehicles around to make the place a little lively.

Features:

- Housing for about 160 soldiers

- UAV

- Heliport (With FAARP and 3 helipads)

- Entry control point with VCP

- Mess hall facilities

- A small CASH (Combat support hospital)

- Depot

- Mortar nest

- Base Defense (mk19, Stinger, M2, TOW)

- and more

Notes:

I originally intended to release this a week ago, but I stumbled upon more challenges than I anticipated. The base was made with realism in mind, but with my rather limited military experience, and Arma2 limitations this is the end result.

I’m currently working on Improving the ECP so that AI can drive through it.

I will most likely update it in a couple of days or so.

ps! There are some setpos problems with some of the custom bunkers I made. they will be fixed

Give it a try and tell me what you think. any feedback is much appreciated :D

Download: http://www.filefront.com/16012069/USMC%20FOB%20template%202.rar

Edited by edgardeth

pmuwJKCGZyY&

Edited by Tankbuster

Thanks a lot for sending us the news about your new template :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

@Tankbuster

Thanks for that video, added to both news and downloadpage with credits. I hope its ok :)

Are you sure there are no addons used in this template? When trying to load the template up in the mission editor it says it cannot load due to a missing/deleted addon "map_eu" Whatever that is.

It's a shame, as I was quite keen to use your FOB template for a mission I'm working on.

@Tankbuster

Thanks for that video, added to both news and downloadpage with credits. I hope its ok :)

Of course, old friend. :)

Are you sure there are no addons used in this template? When trying to load the template up in the mission editor it says it cannot load due to a missing/deleted addon "map_eu" Whatever that is.

It's a shame, as I was quite keen to use your FOB template for a mission I'm working on.

MAP_EU would be this addon.

I don't have the MAP_EU addon installed and I don't get any errors, nor is there any reference to MAP_EU in the sqm.

addOns[]=
{
	"cacharacters2",
	"caweapons",
	"CAAir",
	"caweapons_warfare_weapons",
	"CAAir2_MQ9PredatorB",
	"warfarebuildings",
	"ca_modules_uav",
	"camisc3",
	"CAMisc",
	"CAWheeled2_MTVR",
	"CAWheeled",
	"CABuildings",
	"caweapons_ammoboxes",
	"ind_tank",
	"cabuildings2_misc_cargo",
	"cawheeled2_m998a2_avenger",
	"CATracked",
	"CAWheeled2_LAV25",
	"CAWheeled2_HMMWV_Ambulance",
	"CATracked2_us_m270mlrs",
	"chernarus",
	"CAAir2",
	"CATracked2_T90",
	"CATracked2_BMP3",
	"CAWeapons_M252_81mm_Mortar",
	"CAAir2_UH1Y",
	"ca_modules_silvie",
	"ca_modules_animals",
	"CA_Modules_Alice"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"caweapons",
	"cacharacters2",
	"caair",
	"CAAir2_UH1Y",
	"CAAir2_MQ9PredatorB",
	"caweapons_warfare_weapons",
	"warfarebuildings",
	"ca_modules_uav",
	"ca_modules_silvie",
	"ca_modules_animals",
	"CA_Modules_Alice",
	"camisc3",
	"CAMisc",
	"CABuildings",
	"caweapons_ammoboxes",
	"ind_tank",
	"cabuildings2_misc_cargo",
	"CAWheeled2_MTVR",
	"CAWheeled",
	"CATracked",
	"CAWheeled2_LAV25",
	"CAWheeled2_HMMWV_Ambulance",
	"cawheeled2_m998a2_avenger",
	"CATracked2_us_m270mlrs",
	"CAWeapons_M252_81mm_Mortar",
	"chernarus"

You're looking at the wrong thread.

Try this one:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=97384

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10084

This is a different base.

You're looking at the wrong thread.

Try this one:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=97384

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10084

This is a different base.

The mission folder for that template is NOT "USMC-FOB-template2.chernarus" and this is the mission I'm calling up in the editor, same error message applies.

ie: no map_eu addon.

God only knows why it's asking for the mapfact editor upgrade with me, if Tankbuster doesn't have it.

I am absolutely positive that it should be addons free. because reopened it in ARMA 2 without any addons and it loaded well. I apologize if its my mistake. I will take a look in to it shortly.

I've had MAP_EU objects on the map, but i deleted them. and since there is no reference in mission.sqm this is quite odd..

Thanks all

Edited by edgardeth

I can open it without map_eu, this FOB is AWESOME. I love it.

I am absolutely positive that it should be addons free. because reopened it in ARMA 2 without any addons and it loaded well. I apologize if its my mistake. I will take a look in to it shortly.

I've had MAP_EU objects on the map, but i deleted them. and since there is no reference in mission.sqm this is quite odd..

Thanks all

I still think he was looking at the wrong one. Nonetheless it's an odd occurance since you are correct. I did the same thing without any AddOns/Mods and it open with out error.

If it really is the same base all he needs to do is open the mission.sqm and delete any line he sees with:

"Map_EU",

Then try to load it again. That will remove the dependency on MAP_EU.

Edited by Manzilla

I have a question if I may.

What could I do to make this base or future bases better?

Is there anything you guys can think of that is missing or should be improved?

any response is appreaciated

Cheers

What could I do to make this base or future bases better?

Russian version!

Damn right! RU version would kickass.

I'm in the process of changing the vehicles and crates to use ACE2 stuff as well but an ACE2 version would be nice if you use it, I guess that would be an Army version too.

Great work, but where is your "previous" FOB you mentioned?

I'd love to have a smaller one for one of my missions. :-)

RU base is comming :D

The RU base is currently on the drawing board. One thing realism concerned is if the Russians really use Hescos. I am really exited about a Russian base, so as soon as I agree with my self how its gonna look. I also dont want to copy paste any parts from the USMC bases. I first need to have a small design revolution for my self here.

I'm pretty sure that the Russian wouldn't build exactly as the US.

thanks for the feedback!

BTW. I do use ACE2, but I try to make the bases Addon free. Because not everybody loves ACE2 that i much

Cheers

Edited by edgardeth

Looking good! I just wish we had more toys to play with when doing base builds. It gets a bit annoying when you find a really good picture but don't have enough to replicate it properly. Too bad no one brought Maatz hesco pack to ArmA 2 and continued with it, he had quite a bit of extra stuff in there (LOTS of different sizes and single hescos, think a tower and a bunker or two I think as well).

One thing is for sure, building bases is highly addictive. So many days lost to just sitting there in the editor building away, lol. I think I build more than actually play. Same thing back on Armed Assault, heh. :p

Keep up the good work, man. We can never have too many bases. :D

I Just tried out Maatz Hesco pack and it works just fine with Arma2. there might be that the shaders are missing but they look ok.

Yeah they're not bad at all. Just stick out a wee bit--probably because like you said with the shaders and such since it was for Armed Assault and even then he had to give up the project and released it for further development. I liked how he did not just the brown/desert color but also green as well. Comes in handy for the more woodland maps out there. :)