Sign in to follow this  
Leopotam

Arma fence generator

Another tool - fence (and any object type) sequence generator.

Help:

0. Open visitor. :)

1. Create waypoint (WP) objects to setup your walls / fences, etc:

wp1i.th.jpg

For each WP:

• WP-object IS NOT FAKE OBJECT OF ANY TYPE, but real part of fence / wall sequence. For example, if you want to get wall, yo must to create wall object as WP. As a feature, you can setup different type for next WP-object and makes sequences like Wall-Wall-Door-Wall-Window-Wall.
  • Every WP-object cloning from current WP position to position of next WP. Copies rotates for Y-local axis as forward. If you see, that copies rotates invalid (90 degrees error), you must rotate WP-object on angle compensation (90 degrees usually). NOT ADDITIONAL, BUT ABSOLUTE! Direction of WP-object uses only for this.
  • Because stupid visitor cant correct export object size (exports size equals z coord - height), you must setup z-coord (height) as object size. For example, if wall section 5m long, you must setup height as 5.0.

2. Select WP-objects (ORDER IMPORTANT!) and export to txt-file.

3. Run tool with params (Run without to usage).

4. Import created file to visitor.

Example:

wp2e.th.jpg

Links:

v1.0.0.1

v1.0.0.0

Edited by Leopotam
v1.0.0.1

v1.0.0.1 released.

Fixes:

• Default angle = 90 degrees - there is not need to rotate walls, fences, etc.

Development stopped due to not using this tool by community.

P.S. Topic may be closed.

Development stopped due to not using this tool by community.

P.S. Topic may be closed.

!! :butbut: !

Sorry Leopotam, but there isn't 100's of island makers in this community, and those that are island makers are not using a tool like this every day.

So feedback is going to be limited I'm sorry.

Your tool looks easy to use, but even me, I haven't got around to using it yet.

Leopotam, please continue work on these tools, Im really very interested in using them for my island project, but right now im just not at that stage where i require them, but i will use them eventually and im sure there are quite a few other island makers in the same boat,

please keep up the great work!

For anyone who may want to try this discontinued tool with V3, Leopotam was kind enough to find out that the tool requires 6 parameters (1 more then the 5 the current V3 exports).

So simply export your objects from V3

"ca\structures\wall\wall_fen1_5";1533.33;1501.5;5;0;
"ca\structures\wall\wall_fen1_5";1506.98;1630.37;5;0;
"ca\structures\wall\wall_fen1_5";1509.85;1642.11;5;0;

Then add an extra param at the end of each line (this first experiment worked fine for me)

"ca\structures\wall\wall_fen1_5";1533.33;1501.5;5;0;[color="#FF0000"]0;[/color]
"ca\structures\wall\wall_fen1_5";1506.98;1630.37;5;0;[color="#FF0000"]0;[/color]
"ca\structures\wall\wall_fen1_5";1509.85;1642.11;5;0;[color="#FF0000"]0;[/color]

Many thanks to Leopotam

Edited by Rg