Sign in to follow this  
kahn

Bad Problem: Display Driver has Stopped responding and has successfully recovered....

Sorry if this has been said before but i couldnt find it in the search engine so...:

Computer:

I'm running a

Core 2 Duo Extreme @ 3 GHz processor

Nvidia Geforce Superclocked 295 GTX

1500 Watt power pack

4GB Ram

1.8 TB Harddisk

Windows Vista 32bit home premium Alienware computer and i keep having this prblem with ArmA 2:

I can be happily playing the game and all of a suden it will stutter 3-5 times then the game will freeze for a split second before the screen goes black only showing the cursor.

I can still hear in game sounds like the game is still carrying on, but i cannot see anything.

I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out. As soon as the game has 'ended task' a little popup, well, pops up telling me:

'Your Display Driver Has Stopped Responding But Has Sucessfully Recovered'

I have tried updating the drivers to the latest, then i tried rolling back to driver version 196 from 197 and nothing worked.

I've heard its a Vista Problem?

Is that so?

Is there any other causes?

What do i do?

The strange thing is, is that the game works fine on the Main Campaign, Boot Camp and Single missions, however if i try to play on the Armoury and the 3rd and 4th missions in the Eagle Wing campaign that is when this happens. I'm not sure if it happens on the Editor or Online as i cannot figure out how to use the editor and i'm not an online player (as in, i like to play by myself.

I have had that too - latest drivers did that for me. Try go back to 196.21 that helped for me. Just for my own curious - how high have you clocked your GTX295 ? Im on 648/1476/1242mhz on mine.

yep-should be a faulty driver-gpu combination. I had the same problem with my new ati card 2 month ago. A new driver solved the situation. If you google your error-report

'Your Display Driver Has Stopped Responding But Has Sucessfully Recovered'

@ google you will find a lot of solutions for it, but often its a driver problem.

Yeah, I had that in ArmA 1 too. I guess it comes down to drivers although back then it happened on every driver. It was just matter of how often it happened. Now in ArmA 2 I think this occurred twice. Im currently running GTX260 with 197.13 and it seems to work nice. We will see becouse I usually got this issue after hours of playing.

One more thing worth mentioning is that I had this only in ArmA1/2 and no other games, ever. I got this on few different PCs and GPUs too.

ArmA 2 is the only game this happens on so i doubt its my graphics card, and i've already rolled back to the 196 version of drivers, and it still does it.

I've done everything on the solutions and none have worked

its really annoying me as i've been able to play half the game but i cant do the Armoury or Editor.

I haven't had that issue yet with 197.15's, but it was nearly a weekly occurrence for me while playing rFactor. ARMA2 will usually flash and then I'm playing in a psychedelic world full of colors. My card is gtx280 non overclocked. I'm sticking with these drivers for now since my performance for games seems to have been better and more stable.