wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

Here is the Domination mode that most people use for OA, enjoy!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10993

Thanks! But sadly I haven't got OA :( Maybe it's worth plonking a coupla more bucks to get it while its still on sale on Steam.

Thanks! Will head there now.

Maybe it's worth plonking a coupla more bucks to get it while its still on sale on Steam.

Yes you really should, theres ALOT of major mods, and many other things that OA or Arma2CO has to offer then Arma2 alone, with OA you have probably a whole nother Arma2

with all the mods, missions, scripts, ect,. at your hands, you would be a fool not too, no pun intended but just my imo.

Edited by Günter Severloh
misspelled word

Maybe it's worth plonking a coupla more bucks to get it while its still on sale on Steam.

It's more than worth it, like Gunter said - most mods required ArmA 2/OA to work, so you'd be silly not to get it.

It's super cheap right now too, pick it up!

Yes you really should, theres ALOT of major mods, and many other things that OA or Arma2CO has to offer then Arma2 alone, with OA you have problem a whole nother Arma2

with all the mods, missions, scripts, ect,. at your hands, you would be a fool not too, no pun intended but just my imo.

It's more than worth it, like Gunter said - most mods required ArmA 2/OA to work, so you'd be silly not to get it.

It's super cheap right now too, pick it up!

Got it for $2.99! Can't even buy a horrible sandwich for that price!:yay:

I have noticed a few players while playing DayZ have info associated with there name when it is clicked on. I am wanting to know how you enter the info and picture connected with your name. Thanks in Advance

I have noticed a few players while playing DayZ have info associated with there name when it is clicked on. I am wanting to know how you enter the info and picture connected with your name. Thanks in Advance

Its done by external file called Squad.xml

2 options:

1. DL and try

2.Trust the Forum

But honestly buy the OA.

How long does it usally take for the steam key to be delivered to my email, i've been waiting like a hour?

Hi, I was told by BohemiaBeck to post here, since I needed help a bit quickly, and wasn't allowed to post due to this account's age.

Copied from a Steam Community post I made about an hour ago that still hasn't been replied to:

"1- When a friend of mine (who happens to live about 200 km away) and I tried to play the game, we went from 3 MS to 300 MS to 3,000 MS in the space of two seconds.

2- When I joined a non-DayZ, non-roleplay, non-mod server (I didn't know there were any), my ping stayed the same (100 MS) throughout, then BattlEye had a seizure and kept trying to update it, telling me it was fully updated, and then kicked me.

3- I've tried port forwarding, I've tried connecting through LAN, I've tried hosting on a dedicated server, the ping stays the same. Port is forwarded, firewall allowed, et al."

If you need more details, ask away.

Thats Arma for you. Things like that happend all the time. Friend of mine has to completely reinstall battleeye every time he wants to play arma. 

Lot of problems are cused by "play with six" so if you use it, consider if you need it. But if you like to play on random servers, then you probably need it.

Try completely removing all traces of battle eye from your computer, and then use Steam to verify integryty of A2OA game cache to install BE anew.

Thats Arma for you. Things like that happend all the time. Friend of mine has to completely reinstall battleeye every time he wants to play arma. 

Lot of problems are cused by "play with six" so if you use it, consider if you need it. But if you like to play on random servers, then you probably need it.

Try completely removing all traces of battle eye from your computer, and then use Steam to verify integryty of A2OA game cache to install BE anew.

Wow... What is "play with six"? Also, I've tried running it without BattlEye, same issue.

Wow... What is "play with six"? Also, I've tried running it without BattlEye, same issue.

A lot of problems (like said before) tend to happen. I never used Six at all, so instead I just download the addons/mods manually by Armaholic. But once you get the hang of installing them manually, it will be as simple as a drag and drop scenario.  :)

A lot of problems (like said before) tend to happen. I never used Six at all, so instead I just download the addons/mods manually by Armaholic. But once you get the hang of installing them manually, it will be as simple as a drag and drop scenario.  :)

Oh... Well, I don't have mods. It's vanilla, and it seems to either desync or get incredibly high ping immediately. Probably a desync, since it can give me something that it doesn't give my friend. How do I fix this? :/

Why does Bohemia keep shutting down the fucking server I play on just becuase they do donations to keep the fucking server up.

Tis fucking stupid you have servers like trainwreck that are just fucking pay2win and yet nothing happens to them but for this server they get shit on

If you want to look at the server that is getting fucked by bohemia its http://ghostzgamerz.com/ 

Thank you for your time.

BIS wouldnt shut down server because of donations. Donations are allowed.

Also BIS wouldnt shut down server at all. They cannot do that. Only thing they can do, is ask court to order the server owner to shut it.

So most probably your server offers something back for donations, in wich case it is no more donations but trade, and that is not allowed. 

If there is p2v server that doesnt get shut down, it might be because nobody reported it yet so BIS doesnt know about that server, or other things. Also bear in mind that different countries have different laws and different speed of how courts work so the "cease and desist" order for that server might take various amounts of time in various countries to reach the server owner.

Play with six is a third party game launcher that alows you to download, instal, run and manage your mods in somewhat userfriendly fashion. It also automaticaly detects, downloads instals and run mods for servers you triing to join.

Also latest version of ACE is only available on PWS. Or was when i last checked.

Problem is since about two updates ago, PWS doesnt work that well anymore.

EDIT: PWS released an update that should fix the latest issue. I did a quick test and so far it looks like PWS is usefull tool again.

Play with six is a third party game launcher that alows you to download, instal, run and manage your mods in somewhat userfriendly fashion. It also automaticaly detects, downloads instals and run mods for servers you triing to join.

Also latest version of ACE is only available on PWS. Or was when i last checked.

Problem is since about two updates ago, PWS doesnt work that well anymore.

EDIT: PWS released an update that should fix the latest issue. I did a quick test and so far it looks like PWS is usefull tool again.

This still doesn't address my main issue: I'm getting desynced in my own servers. If I host online, with or without BattlEye, or host on LAN using Hamachi, Tunngle, or anything else... It still hikes up ping, desyncs my friends, and refuses to work properly.

This still doesn't address my main issue: I'm getting desynced in my own servers. If I host online, with or without BattlEye, or host on LAN using Hamachi, Tunngle, or anything else... It still hikes up ping, desyncs my friends, and refuses to work properly.

Still Sounds like battleye, but it also might be network issue or bad (old, weak, full of viruses and malware, or something like that) computer .

Post your RPT.

Still Sounds like battleye, but it also might be network issue or bad (old, weak, full of viruses and malware, or something like that) computer .

Post your RPT.

Well, if it's BattlEye, why won't it work without it, or through LAN? Network issues make no sense, because I can host fine on every other game. It isn't a PC issue, I haven't had a single virus in 2 years now, and it's a 2 year old PC that can run the game itself on Ultra without any lag...

What do you mean by RPT? Report? If so, what kind of report? There's no 'crash report' or anything.

Arma´s RPT file. Thats 

Well, if it's BattlEye, why won't it work without it, or through LAN? Network issues make no sense, because I can host fine on every other game. It isn't a PC issue, I haven't had a single virus in 2 years now, and it's a 2 year old PC that can run the game itself on Ultra without any lag...

What do you mean by RPT? Report? If so, what kind of report? There's no 'crash report' or anything

Network issue Example: You have to have PUBLIC IP to host arma. If you dont have PUBLIC IP you can host all other games, but not ARMA.

OR

Your Connection is not stable, Wich means, that you might have occasional PING spikes.

Viruses:

1.st there are not only viruses, there is lot of other kinds of malware, 

2.nd that your AV doesnt show any viruses, doesnt mean you dont have any.

3.rd Not only Viruses or other malware, but also cheat engines, trainers and cracks from illegal software, can cause troubles. 

RPT: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files#ARMA_2_OA

I run my own clan and i do technical support for other 2 clans, I repaired installed or troubleshot A LOT of instances of arma. There never in my experience was Arma to blame, but the users. 

Arma is not "install and play" kind of game. Arma is "read lot of wiki, install, read more wiki, play, read even more wiki" kind of game. :-)

Arma´s RPT file. Thats 

Network issue Example: You have to have PUBLIC IP to host arma. If you dont have PUBLIC IP you can host all other games, but not ARMA.

OR

Your Connection is not stable, Wich means, that you might have occasional PING spikes.

Viruses:

1.st there are not only viruses, there is lot of other kinds of malware, 

2.nd that your AV doesnt show any viruses, doesnt mean you dont have any.

3.rd Not only Viruses or other malware, but also cheat engines, trainers and cracks from illegal software, can cause troubles. 

RPT: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files#ARMA_2_OA

I run my own clan and i do technical support for other 2 clans, I repaired installed or troubleshot A LOT of instances of arma. There never in my experience was Arma to blame, but the users. 

Arma is not "install and play" kind of game. Arma is "read lot of wiki, install, read more wiki, play, read even more wiki" kind of game. :-)

On the virus note, I'm not new to using a PC, I've fixed my fair share of computers myself. I use several anti-virus and anti-malware clients, and clean my PC up manually (registry, temp, et al) every month or so.

My internet doesn't seem to be the issue, since I can connect fine in every other game. The thing is, most of these issues would've been replicated in another game if it was my problem, but they aren't. From what I've seen on the forums, ArmA isn't exactly perfect... BI have had their hiccups, this is no exception. Blaming the user isn't always wrong, but isn't always right, either.

It's most definitely a desync issue, that's what I've deduced. Currently waiting on my partner to get his router's username & password so we can bypass any firewall issues on that end, since it seems to be blocking my connections to him as if I'm attempting to DoS him. (Yes, I've tried the default stuff for his router, didn't work)

I'll update this post (or post again) after we try this.

Edit: it worked! We forwarded ports 2302 (start) to 2305 (end) with a target port of 2302 and now it works.

Edited by TrippyHippie

Hello, I'd like to ask if there is still anywhere to get mods?