wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

Probably removed as its not realistic to be available in that chopper. :)

Probably removed as its not realistic to be available in that chopper. :)

Understood, but as the real Merlin does have a detection and warning system, it seems a bit stingy to remove it...

Well you are best to discuss this in the ACE thread or better their issue tracker. :)

Question: How can you make it so you teleport from Utes to Chernarus the way you can in Red Harvest for your own missions?

you can teleport from Utes to Cherna in Red Harvest? :eek:

I am new to Arma but have played numerous spray and pray titles. My question is: When I join a server, download the map, join the game, and the camera focuses on my soldier...where do I go from there? I have TS3 and would truly enjoy getting into the mix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to Arma but have played numerous spray and pray titles. My question is: When I join a server, download the map, join the game, and the camera focuses on my soldier...where do I go from there? I have TS3 and would truly enjoy getting into the mix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Was there a briefing before the game started? That would have given you some clues. Also, look at the map (M key) and zoom out, you ,might see some markers could help.

Sorry so vague. I have not followed a briefing and when I have zoomed out on the map there are of course various labels/markers where one could go. I have only gone to Domination maps.

Ah OK. Domination is best played as a team, it's quite tough if you're on your own. Try to find servers that aren't empty.

The status menu (middle mouse > status menu) will show you what the current objectives are but if the mission has only just started, they might take a minute or two to come up.

So...I can pull up my objectives (middle mouse) find out were to go...but how do I get there?

Find a nearby vehicle. Approach until a steering wheel icon comes up to get in as driver (middle mouse wheel). Use the usual movement keys and/or mouse to drive and steer.

Thanks much for the info! Once I do get in the fray, do I use teamspeak? And any particular servers that bode well with a newbie?

In order to use TS3 the server you are on would need to have it activated. It is far easier to use the in game VON (Voice Over network). By default that is the Left Caps Lock key. Press it to speak.Use the < and > to change channels. Kelly's Heroes is a very welcoming server for newbies but there are lots of others.

Hi all!

I have just bought arma 2 reinforcement and love it (i can't sleep any more...), however i need some info:

- I understand that reinforcement is a standalone, but is there any way to get the others maps witout having to buy the previous versions of arma 2(special offers, etc..)?

-I begin with this game so no MP yet, what are the best SP mission available in Tadikstan(not COD like)?

-What are the most interesting mods (got a medium rig)?

Cheers!

Mods: Realism = ACE, ACRE.

Ok, I have installed ACE and it is quite good. However, the graphics have been slightely altered and i get a red cast, especially in daylight missions, how can i correct this?

Also, are you guys using Jsgmd to activate the mods or what is the easiest way to handle them?

My last question, what is the best sp campaign available for RFT?

Hey Granger. I saw you online Monday night. I was in Reddogg's server and you popped in 3 or 4 times but you never said a word and never stayed very long. There were just two of us in the server at the time, myself (McDuff) and Keltin. I actually spent that whole evening explaining things to Keltin while we did side missions as a duo, with ai squadmates and how to issue orders, using tanks, using the mhq, using the ammo box, calling artillery, using the flagpole and just answering his questions while working through the missions slowly. It's a shame you didn't stick around. Sounds like that's exactly what you're asking about.

Hope you're finding the answers that you need. If we happen to bump into each again in the future, I'd be happy to help you out. You just need to stick around for more than a couple minutes and say something ;) I'd say nearly every domination server has players who'd be willing to help you out.

Good afternoon Gentlemen need some advice, been out of on line games for quite few years now and just discovered Arma2, (Outstanding) I need advise on team speak, what servers should a newb go to, are there any servers I should stay away from when I was flying Pacific fighters there where some rooms you did not go in unless you could put up with the abuse ect ~S~

you basically go to a server hosted by the guys who are hosting the game server you're playing on. TS info usually can be found somewhere on the ArmA2 server (either as text in mission info, a marker on the map, a pop-up in the chat window or a billboard near the spawn area)

I don't think I ever encountered any kind of abuse on any of the servers, really.

Hey Granger. I saw you online Monday night. I was in Reddogg's server and you popped in 3 or 4 times but you never said a word and never stayed very long. There were just two of us in the server at the time, myself (McDuff) and Keltin. I actually spent that whole evening explaining things to Keltin while we did side missions as a duo, with ai squadmates and how to issue orders, using tanks, using the mhq, using the ammo box, calling artillery, using the flagpole and just answering his questions while working through the missions slowly. It's a shame you didn't stick around. Sounds like that's exactly what you're asking about.

Hope you're finding the answers that you need. If we happen to bump into each again in the future, I'd be happy to help you out. You just need to stick around for more than a couple minutes and say something ;) I'd say nearly every domination server has players who'd be willing to help you out.

I guess I will never understand why someone would join a multiplayer game and will not communicate with others on the server, acting as though they are playing single player. I have been stationed in the military, outside my country, and realize that I have to adapt. I understand some people are reluctant to talk in a foreign language as they don't want to make a verbal mistake, but they know how to type in the language being used on the server and fail to do so. If needed, I go on the "translate" page and to the "pronunciation" websites. I don't mind making a mistake as I enjoy gaming with others around the world. Sometimes gamers speak your language and then they put you on ignore, maybe because of age. I can tell as I can read their pings and know they are close. Hey, we are all in this to have fun together! This is just a pet peeve of the multiplayer mode.

Edited by Gremlin

Thanks for the response sorophx, are you saying you just jump in without a word into any sever, or is there some form of recrutement.As

Gremlin points out if you are not able to comunicate You could get lost what do you do ~S~

in my experience, if an open game server advertises its TS server, you're free to join at any moment. some game servers actually require you to be on their TS server to do certain roles in-game (flying jets or choppers, for example)

Thanks again sorophx I will jump in and see what happens :rolleyes: I mean whats the worst that could happen :confused: well they could shoot me !!! Mike out ~S~

Edited by Old_Mad_mike