Page 115 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1341

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

Ok, I have installed ACE and it is quite good. However, the graphics have been slightely altered and i get a red cast, especially in daylight missions, how can i correct this?

Also, are you guys using Jsgmd to activate the mods or what is the easiest way to handle them?

My last question, what is the best sp campaign available for RFT?

On The End Of A Bottle Of Cider-Somerset - UK
    Quote Originally Posted by tiebs View Post

Also, are you guys using Jsgmd to activate the mods or what is the easiest way to handle them?

Use an Arma2 Launcher, here a couple of the better ones:-

Alpinestars - Arma II Launcher

ArmA II Game Launcher

How Ppl Treat Me Is Their Path, How I Respond Is Mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Artisanal View Post
    Yet another white-knight who parachuted himself into the thread without using the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger8 View Post
    I am new to Arma but have played numerous spray and pray titles. My question is: When I join a server, download the map, join the game, and the camera focuses on my soldier...where do I go from there? I have TS3 and would truly enjoy getting into the mix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hey Granger. I saw you online Monday night. I was in Reddogg's server and you popped in 3 or 4 times but you never said a word and never stayed very long. There were just two of us in the server at the time, myself (McDuff) and Keltin. I actually spent that whole evening explaining things to Keltin while we did side missions as a duo, with ai squadmates and how to issue orders, using tanks, using the mhq, using the ammo box, calling artillery, using the flagpole and just answering his questions while working through the missions slowly. It's a shame you didn't stick around. Sounds like that's exactly what you're asking about.

Hope you're finding the answers that you need. If we happen to bump into each again in the future, I'd be happy to help you out. You just need to stick around for more than a couple minutes and say something I'd say nearly every domination server has players who'd be willing to help you out.

NOOBIE needs advise

Good afternoon Gentlemen need some advice, been out of on line games for quite few years now and just discovered Arma2, (Outstanding) I need advise on team speak, what servers should a newb go to, are there any servers I should stay away from when I was flying Pacific fighters there where some rooms you did not go in unless you could put up with the abuse ect ~S~

you basically go to a server hosted by the guys who are hosting the game server you're playing on. TS info usually can be found somewhere on the ArmA2 server (either as text in mission info, a marker on the map, a pop-up in the chat window or a billboard near the spawn area)

I don't think I ever encountered any kind of abuse on any of the servers, really.

Private First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by McDuff777 View Post
    Hey Granger. I saw you online Monday night. I was in Reddogg's server and you popped in 3 or 4 times but you never said a word and never stayed very long. There were just two of us in the server at the time, myself (McDuff) and Keltin. I actually spent that whole evening explaining things to Keltin while we did side missions as a duo, with ai squadmates and how to issue orders, using tanks, using the mhq, using the ammo box, calling artillery, using the flagpole and just answering his questions while working through the missions slowly. It's a shame you didn't stick around. Sounds like that's exactly what you're asking about.

Hope you're finding the answers that you need. If we happen to bump into each again in the future, I'd be happy to help you out. You just need to stick around for more than a couple minutes and say something I'd say nearly every domination server has players who'd be willing to help you out.
    I guess I will never understand why someone would join a multiplayer game and will not communicate with others on the server, acting as though they are playing single player. I have been stationed in the military, outside my country, and realize that I have to adapt. I understand some people are reluctant to talk in a foreign language as they don't want to make a verbal mistake, but they know how to type in the language being used on the server and fail to do so. If needed, I go on the "translate" page and to the "pronunciation" websites. I don't mind making a mistake as I enjoy gaming with others around the world. Sometimes gamers speak your language and then they put you on ignore, maybe because of age. I can tell as I can read their pings and know they are close. Hey, we are all in this to have fun together! This is just a pet peeve of the multiplayer mode.
    Last edited by Gremlin; Apr 13 2012 at 04:28.

NOOBIE needs advise

Thanks for the response sorophx, are you saying you just jump in without a word into any sever, or is there some form of recrutement.As
    Gremlin points out if you are not able to comunicate You could get lost what do you do ~S~

in my experience, if an open game server advertises its TS server, you're free to join at any moment. some game servers actually require you to be on their TS server to do certain roles in-game (flying jets or choppers, for example)

Thanks again sorophx I will jump in and see what happens I mean whats the worst that could happen well they could shoot me !!! Mike out ~S~
    Last edited by Old_Mad_mike; Apr 14 2012 at 12:06.

Page 115 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast