Sign in to follow this  
BronzeEagle

blocky characters and faded textures

i reinstalled flashpoint after having this problem and reinstalled everything and i still got it, heres a copy of my flashpoint.cfg file:

Product="Resistance";
Language="English";
HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";
Adapter=0;
3D_Performance="8720";
CPU_Benchmark=8720;
Resolution_W="1024";
Resolution_H="768";
Resolution_Bpp="32";
LOD=20.000000;
Limit_LOD=1.000000;
Shadows_LOD=1.000000;
MaxObjects=80;
Cockpit_Textures=512;
Landscape_Textures=64;
Object_Textures=64;
Animated_Textures=32;
Textures_Drop_Down=0;
Texture_Heap="2";
File_Heap="4";
Total_Memory="128";
MaxLights=8;
Light_Explo=0;
Light_Missile=0;
Light_Static=0;
Frame_Rate_Pref=500;
Quality_Pref=500;
refresh=75;

my pc stats are

Product="Resistance";
Language="English";
HW_Type="Direct3D HW T&L";
Adapter=0;
3D_Performance="54308";
CPU_Benchmark=12000;
Resolution_W="1280";
Resolution_H="1024";
Resolution_Bpp="32";
LOD=7.500000;
Limit_LOD="0.000500";
Shadows_LOD="1.000000";
MaxObjects=256;
Cockpit_Textures=2048;
Landscape_Textures=2048;
Object_Textures=2048;
Animated_Textures=64;
Textures_Drop_Down=0;
Texture_Heap="0";
File_Heap="0";
Total_Memory="2048";
MaxLights=32;
Light_Explo=1;
Light_Missile=1;
Light_Static=1;
Frame_Rate_Pref=500;
Quality_Pref=500;
refresh=75;

This config should have all the lod switching disabled

LOD=20.000000;

Limit_LOD=1.000000;

i wonder how you obtained this, that's not really good.

Try replace those lines that by

LOD=7.500000;

Limit_LOD=0.005000;

Object_Textures=64;

very low resolution of textures for the objects (soldiers/vehicles/houses/etc)

Object_Textures=512;

should be enough, but you can get 1024 if you use addons with higher resolutions of texture.

Texture_Heap="2";

File_Heap="4";

Total_Memory="128";

That seems to be very low unless you have a very old system, hmm before changing anything maybe you should run the FlashpointPreferences.exe and click on "Autodetect" then Exit to see if it modify some of those lines in your cfg.

edit : instaposted by Mr Burns :)

Open the Flashpoint Preferences, then click the advanced button and select settings that are appropriate for your PC, the .cfg file you posted here suggests that your playing on very low settings (I don’t know if you set this yourself because you have a slow computer or if you didn’t modify it at all). Anyway here are my settings:

28480806.jpg

80572228.jpg

56170653.jpg

90200446.jpg

And computer specs are:

Windows 7 Ultimate

AMD Phenom II 8250e Triple Core CPU

2GB 800mhz Ram

nVidia Geforce GTS 250 1GB

500GB IDE Hard Drive 720Rpm 16Mb cache

I'm playing OFP with these settings:

1680x1050 (32Bit) Resolution

Hardware T&L: Enabled

Multiexturing: Enabled

W-Buffer : Disabled (cant enable it)

Object & Vehicle Shadows: Enabled

Cloudlets: Enabled

Blood: Enabled

Frame Rate: Maximum

Visual Quality: Maximum

Visibility: 5000 meters

Terrain Detail: Very Low

Hope this helps :smile: I'm sure it’s just your configuration that’s wrong, not the game installation.

but check this out, im not using mod folders they're in the res/addons folder, plus my code blue units are blocky, badly textured, and in the default ofp animation stance. could this be from unpbo'ing the file with pbo view? i mean...this just shouldn't be with all my units like this even after adjusting the settings.

but check this out, im not using mod folders they're in the res/addons folder, plus my code blue units are blocky, badly textured, and in the default ofp animation stance. could this be from unpbo'ing the file with pbo view? i mean...this just shouldn't be with all my units like this even after adjusting the settings.

I don’t understand what your talking about now, what is in the res/addons folder? What .pbo file did you decompress, the code blue units or, why did you compress it?

Make some screen shots and show us.

Also there is one more thing I know of, it happens when you got a bad video card driver and all the textures become very blurry and the game runs at about 1 - 5 frames per second.

But as I said, tell us exactly what you did from the point when you re-installed the game, show some screen shots and also if you installed any drivers and your PC specs. It’s hard to help if we don’t know these things :smile:

well let me say this, i had this problem before when i added a certain addon whose name i won't mention till its for sure but its in the city island addon. removing this addon in the past fixed the problem and may fix it again so if i find anything ill chime in.

Did you try to adjust your settings in Flashpoint preferences as you were adviced to? How does your settings look like now? It should work alright after adjusting those correctly...

well what i think i messed up is when i tried downloading all types of pbo .dlls for arma 2 that intigrate pbo packing and depacking into the windows shell, now everything is f*cked up in flashpoint. plays good, sounds good, looks blocky as hell, all my addons. textures are all faded, i even turned up the settings. undoing whats done would require to much.

This is how to remove it:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92290

But I don't think that's the reason. I have that installed too with no problems. But you shouldn't pack PBOs for OFP with Arma2 tools. That might cause some problems.

You still didn't answer if you tried adjusting your Flashpoint preferences settings or not... :confused: Your settings seem very low from your first post, which would definately cause blocky characters and blurry textures. If you tried readjusting them, could you post your Flashpoint.cfg here again?

okay looks like i fixed it, so it looks like ill stay and help. i thought it was the end! thanks to everyone who helped guys. I replaced the flashpoint.cfg stats with someone else's from this thread and boom it fixed everything. looks like i got work to do now.

For the best optimization for your own PC, it would probably be the best to configure those settings yourself. Open the FlashpointPreferences.exe from your Flashpoint installation directory and click Autodetect. The application will then change the settings according to your PC specs. You can then manually edit them too by clicking Advanced. Remember to keep the Objects LOD value at 0.005 under the Details tab to avoid those blocky characters.