Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ARMA 2 and VAC (Voice Activated Commands)

ARMA 2 and VAC (Voice Activated Commands)

Have just changed over from Shoot to VAC for voice commands, and made this short video. Works great for me.

You Tube

Here is the Profile file V 1.01, and

here is the profile phrases used.

Here is a setup guide for VAC

Last edited by Fish44; Sep 28 2011 at 21:57.
    Fish

"One man's misfortune is another man's opportunity"

2500k@4.3 | P8Z68V-Pro | 8gig dual DDR3 PC3-16000 | 2 x GTX670 SLI | Cougar & RCS | Saitek P8000 | 3 x 1920x1200 IPS TFT's | VAC | TeamSpeak 3 | TIR5 & pro clip | DCS | IL2 1946 | ARMA II | ARMA III | Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Wow, that's cool! I want to try that as well.

Cool stuff indeed.

Thanks Fish44, had a go with it and I probably need to do some Mic tweeking as some commands "Return to Formation" -work fine in the test but not so well in-game.

Gonna have fun with this as the wifey laughs on
    ~The bearly literate pugilist~
    MP: Black Amish
    3 rules to live by:
    Don't smoke in bed
    Stay away from tatoo'ed women
    Stay outta bushes at night

Spoiler:

Thanks for this.

Now we need auto danger to go back to normal and it will work even better.

Master Sergeant
    Been using VAC since ArmA1 and find it hard to play games without it now (ArmA2 , MS FSX , SH4 etc,.). Almost makes the game seem like your playing with real people except the AI do what you ask them to instead of disappearing of into the distance to do their own thing.

TrackIR was touted for ArmA but I never use it in game except for flying. Simple button click gives me free look.

Strange, all my commands work except any of the ones having to do with Return to Formation.

This is how it sits in my .xml

Code:
     - <command name="return to formation" phrase="return to formation" phrase1="form on me" phrase2="follow me" phrase3="fall back" phrase4="regroup" phrase5="follow my lead" category="Move">
      <key value="11" extended="NONE" extended2="NONE" pause="100" repeat="1" duration="200" /> 
      </command>
    ...any tips to get this part working? For now I can say "Menu1-menu1" and that'll bring em back but it feels kinda silly

Also what are the few commands sitting down in the Activation box?

Edit- N/M. Nothing a brand new headset couldn't fix
    Last edited by froggyluv; Mar 19 2010 at 22:23.

I couldn't figure out how to configure my mic in VAC. Does it just use the default Windows settings?

I tried this out in the VAC tester, and it seemed like a lot of the time it didn't recognize the proper command, even when I was speaking loudly and clearly. Is there any way to "train" it to your voice, or any suggestions on how to improve recognition of commands?

Quote Originally Posted by MavericK96 View Post
    ............Is there any way to "train" it to your voice, or any suggestions on how to improve recognition of commands?
    First, I use my mic at full blast, 100%, because it is weak. Most headset mics are pretty poor, and you need to be sure the sound is loud enough.

Second, yes most definitely you need to train the microsoft voice recognition software to your voice . This is what VAC uses. You can google it, but here a decent link here explaining it and setting up the mic. What you are looking for is 'Train your computer to better understand you' in the ease of access section of control panel. I would recommend 30mins, but it does not have to be done all at the same time.

Third, note that in my profile you have to hold the KP. (keypad period) key down, while you are speaking your commands. And vac must be 'ON' (right click the taskbar icon). You can change this key using the VAC Builder GUI.

Hope this helps

Very helpful, thanks! I was thinking the training might be necessary, but I wasn't sure how completely VAC interfaced with Windows.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast