cranky old vet
Ah another set of W0lle missions. Downloading this ASAP.
Looks cool! Gonna try it out.
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Ha! This is a little surprise!
I remember exactly that it was the first user made mission I played for OFP.
And you know what? I remember exactly why Avon Lady remade this pack.
It was me, who suggested to her to rerelease this trilogy. Even the expression trilogy was suggested by me...ok, ok enough self praising. (You can read about it on her site, if its still up)
Thank you for remaking it and bringing some great nostalgy back from OFP.
PS. I wonder if King6 gets to know somehow that his mission got a revival after some 8 years!
Last edited by Kroky; Mar 10 2010 at 13:51.
Thanks WOlle, you've just saved my day, been trying to get my little Stalker to sit down next to the fire, he won't have none of it.
I will now go and play some...
Thank you very much W0lle! This is going to the SP collection.
Yes it was too one of the first missions I played, I remember that long way down the valley to Saint Pierre very well.
Originally Posted by Kroky
I tried to contact King6 prior the release of these missions but never got an answer, I guess he's another MIA.
We just started the 1st mission in COOP and we love it!
Some issues that we noticed so far....
1. Briefing Screen Map - The graphics on the map were messed up for he (the host) but the clients map graphics seemed to be correctly positioned.
2. In the mission briefing, it said we would be inserted under the cover of darkness but it is light, it looks as though the sun is setting though.
3. When we inserted by helo from the FOB, it didn't land, it just hovered until we all ejected and parachuted in......we didn't read anything about parachuting in so we were assuming it would land.
Thanks for making the mission, we are enjoying it!
Thanks for the report.
1) Actually no idea what could cause this but will do some tests in MP. If it happens again, could you provide a screenshot?
2) I kept the same time but it seems different in A2 so I added +1 hour. Mission starts now after sunset. Until the team is inserted it should be dark.
3) You don't have to parachute, the helicopter lands and once the leader is out, the rest of the team disembarks automatically. Guess the AI pilots don't like the insertion zone that much. Tweaked that in v1.01 and works okay - atleast is SP.
I do some checks again today and upload the v1.01 tomorrow except someone else comes up with issues.
From what I have seen in the past, unless you have the helo land in a big open area...then there will always be issues with the AI pilots. When I first saw the landing zone I figured the helo wouldn't land.
Thanks for the mission and updates.....we are going to play them all tomorrow!