Sign in to follow this  
trezza

How to make the sat_lco image as the background image in visitor

Get the sat_lco image to show as the background image in visitor? I've downloaded a sample map and I am able to see the satellite image in the sample island, it would be handy for road placement but it just isn't showing up on my island. So far I've been able to export to bulldozer and the island and textures load fine. Can someone please help me with this one?

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

Yes sorry, I thought that might not be a good thing to do but I took the risk anyway. My apologies.

It appears that's not the only place I went wrong. it took me another 20 minutes but i managed to find the answer in another post telling me I can do it through the objects window. Now that that's sorted i've got my island PBOd but it isn't showing up in game. what fun this is!

Does the pbo show up in your addon folder?

Yes it does. It's strange that it doesn't work, i have all the equivalent files that samplemap2 has.

Edit: I just started arma up again today and the map is there. Really odd.

Edited by trezza

Get the sat_lco image to show as the background image in visitor?

Don´t know if that problem got solved yet...

You have to convert the sat_lco.png into a .bmp of the same size and the in visitor you can coose it over the backgroundimage menue.

Hope that helped

Don´t know if that problem got solved yet...

You have to convert the sat_lco.png into a .bmp of the same size and the in visitor you can coose it over the backgroundimage menue.

Hope that helped

Thanks, got it. Now I'm making some real progress. BANG... roads.

When packing my island with BinPBO using binarize I am getting a lot of errors in the .log, it's 190kb. here are some of the errors:

No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Land_SS_hangar.attendant'.
'/' is not a value

Cannot evaluate '' - no file
No entry 'C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Land_SS_hangar.groupCameraPosition'.
[]: '/' not an array

Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\Binarize\bin\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Land_SS_hangar/

the first 2 are repeated over and over again in the log with differences in the classnames.

Can someone help?

Just wondering, why are there '\' and then '/'. It looks as though everything in the path after \config.cpp has the wrong slash.

Just wondering, why are there '\' and then '/'. It looks as though everything in the path after \config.cpp has the wrong slash.

I know, that's strange because I haven't made that mistake in the island's config, and I also haven't touched the config.cpp in the binarize folder.

I'm getting these errors showing up in the .log on all of the building models i have in the map. Is there anything I have to do with the config.bin in the buildings folder with the .p3ds?

EDIT: Got rid of most of the errors by UnPBOing CA.pbo. Still got a few though, here is what I have in my .log now.

Convert world p:\ca\little_sunny_island\Little_Sunny_Island.wrp -> P:\BIN_TEMP\ca\little_sunny_island\Little_Sunny_Island.wrp
Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by p:\ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by p:\ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins/
Updating base class ->DestructionEffects, by p:\ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/
<world = "p:\ca\little_sunny_island\Little_Sunny_Island.wrp">
Bad case in ca\Little_Sunny_Island\data\ut_middle_mco.paa
W:\c\Poseidon\Lib\txtBank.cpp(377) : Bad case in texture name
W:\c\Poseidon\Lib\txtBank.cpp(276) : Bad case in texture name
String STR_LOCATION_KHESANH not found
String STR_LOCATION_KAMENYY not found
Cannot load material file ca\roads2\data\grav_dirt.rvmat.
Cannot load material file ca\roads2\data\grav_dirt.rvmat
ca\structures\ind_sawmill\ind_timbers.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\structures\ind_sawmill\ind_boardspack1.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\structures\ind_sawmill\ind_boardspack2.p3d: house, config class missing
ca\structures\ind_sawmill\ind_illuminanttower.p3d: house, config class missing
String STR_DN_OUT_O_DOOR not found
String STR_DN_OUT_O_DOOR_DEFAULT not found
String STR_DN_OUT_C_DOOR not found
String STR_DN_OUT_C_DOOR_DEFAULT not found
String STR_DN_HANGAR2 not found
ca\structures\ind_sawmill\ind_timbers.p3d: house, config class 'Land_ind_timbers' missing
ca\structures\ind_sawmill\ind_timbers.p3d: house, config class 'Land_ind_timbers' missing
ca\structures\ind_sawmill\ind_boardspack1.p3d: house, config class 'Land_ind_boardspack1' missing
ca\structures\ind_sawmill\ind_boardspack2.p3d: house, config class 'Land_ind_boardspack2' missing
ca\structures\ind_sawmill\ind_illuminanttower.p3d: house, config class 'Land_ind_illuminanttower' missing
</world>

Edited by trezza

for this issue:

i have solved by changing ALL folder names in V3 path and in my project path to LOWERCASE. This must be replicated for EVERY .rvmat texture too, and on every path and filename you have set on your config.cpp

It seems the engine is quite indifferent to case, except for some part of it, that are case sensitive and creates the problem.

Convert world p:\ca\little_sunny_island\Little_Sunny_Island.wrp -> P:\BIN_TEMP\ca\little_sunny_island\Little_Sunny_Island.wrp

As far as i can see you did not set up your p:\ drive properly.

Normally it is not good to put your own islands addon or whatever into the Ca\ folder. This folder is strictly for original Bis content.

Since you have to correct the paths in your config and rvmat files anyway i would suggest you read this prior to working on on your island.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85579

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94222

If you leave your island in the Ca\ folder you may run into problems again later and there will be much more work to do.

As a rule of thumb i would suggest using namepath...

p:\ca\.... only original game content

P:\trezza\ca\... only derappified config files in the same folderstructure a in original Ca folder

p:\trezza\little_sunny_island\...

p:\trezzy\anyaddonyouwillmake\

this works and as far as i know most of the tutorials assume that you use this method....

hope that helped more than it frustrated you..:)

dont give up

Edited by Beton

As far as i can see you did not set up your p:\ drive properly.

Normally it is not good to put your own islands addon or whatever into the Ca\ folder. This folder is strictly for original Bis content.

Since you have to correct the paths in your config and rvmat files anyway i would suggest you read this prior to working on on your island.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85579

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94222

If you leave your island in the Ca\ folder you may run into problems again later and there will be much more work to do.

As a rule of thumb i would suggest using namepath...

p:\ca\.... only original game content

P:\trezza\ca\... only derappified config files in the same folderstructure a in original Ca folder

p:\trezza\little_sunny_island\...

p:\trezzy\anyaddonyouwillmake\

this works and as far as i know most of the tutorials assume that you use this method....

hope that helped more than it frustrated you..:)

dont give up

Thanks, I'll do that from now on.

Ok I moved my island folder into P:\trezza and I have set things up according to Sgt.Ace's tutorial.

This is my current .log

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\CfgConvertFileChng\CfgConvertFileChng.exe returned error 1
C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\BinMake\CfgConvertFileChng\CfgConvertFileChng.exe returned error 1
Convert world p:\trezza\little_summer_island\Little_Sunny_Island.wrp -> P:\BIN_TEMP\trezza\little_summer_island\Little_Sunny_Island.wrp
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by p:\trezza\ca\buildings2\A_GENERALSTORE_01\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by p:\trezza\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by p:\trezza\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Ruins/
Updating base class ->DestructionEffects, by p:\trezza\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/
<world = "p:\trezza\little_summer_island\Little_Sunny_Island.wrp">
</world>

Edited by trezza

oops.... scratched this comment after reading the entire thread and realising my suggestion was wrong... sorry...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Ok, since i actually CANT find the solution how to make the satelite pic visible in visitor, could someone please enlighten me?

I had a difficult time with this but like most things involving visitor 3 the answer was right in front of my face... thought I would post info's just so its here.

In the visitor screen, where you have the options for "artificial objects" and "Terrain vertices" there is an option for "Background Images".