Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

Need a little help here, I'm trying to sort how to utilize the ACE2 Halo system outside using the jump out action in a vehicle.

Specifically, I would like to replace AAHALO (my current flagpole scenario, solution) with the ACE2 scripts/jump dialog (?). I've dug around a while looking for related .pbo's etc.. but haven't found what I need. Does this have to be scripted (move player in vehicle, chunk them out w/chute)? Or is there a simple means by which to access things (similar to the ole eject.sqs)?

Sorry if I missed something simple, my brain has been slowly frying the last couple of days trying to edumacate myself on things. Any direction is helpful.

Gnome

For those with issues with Six Updater: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

Im referring to enemy AI, they would have a massive advantage in any situation with unlimited stamina.

Yes i mentioned that its probably designed with PvP in mind, but wouldnt this also effect coop?

Anyway i was just curious, no biggie:D

The difference is that AI, as opposed to Players, don't sit at a weapon box for 30 minutes, filling their pockets with 100's of items, especially in their Ruck.

Therefore there is much less need for Stamina for AI.

Due to the way we have to implement Stamina, it is a little too CPU intensive and demanding, to add it to all AI, and due to the above, not so important either.

Edited by Sickboy

For those with issues with Six Updater: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

The difference is that AI, as opposed to Players, don't sit at a weapon box for 30 minutes, filling their pockets with 100's of items, especially in their Ruck.

Therefore there is much less need for Stamina for AI.

Due to the way we have to implement Stamina, it is a little too CPU intensive and demanding, to add it to all AI, and due to the above, not so important either.

Thats an assumption:confused: i just run with ak and maybe rpg spetsnaz styles and what ever i may pickup along the way, i dont use ruck sacks... an example would be like missions in SOM where you need to cover large distances quickly etc...

but the CPU intensive argument works.. the blacking out and falling to the ground is unrealistic but thats just my very humble personal opinion ;)

Other than that sweet mod :D

but the CPU intensive argument works.. the blacking out and falling to the ground is unrealistic but thats just my very humble personal opinion ;)
We simply are limited to what is available in the game. If you know better solutions that work within the confinds of the game, we welcome your ticket.

hi

Can anyone help me .

I updated dedicated server with the required files from

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Main_Page#Downloads

After installing them onto server it no longer starts up and the following message is in the ArmA2Server.RPT

Warning Message: Addon 'acex_men_insurgents' requires addon 'acex_wep_pistol'

edit

fixed ... was missing a pbo

Edited by shark-attack
im an idiot !

We simply are limited to what is available in the game. If you know better solutions that work within the confinds of the game, we welcome your ticket.

Yeah i realize its something to do with that, for what its worth i was thinking maybe forced crouched position with very limited movement before total collapse from exhaustion? then at least when you get to that state you'll feel more obligated to get to some sort of cover or better position to recoup.

I mean total collapse is not unrealistic in itself and the way its done in your mod is perfect for that situation. Maybe the heart beat being the first indicator, and then the crouched position before total collapse?

Currently i just run till i drop? which is usually out in the open, anyways just my 5cents worth :)

I think if you shed gear the recovery time should be faster. I've run three satchels over to a radio tower and then been killed because I couldn't run away after placing them. I'm always quicker after dropping a heavy load, I surely wouldn't collapse.

Need a little help here, I'm trying to sort how to utilize the ACE2 Halo system outside using the jump out action in a vehicle.

Specifically, I would like to replace AAHALO (my current flagpole scenario, solution) with the ACE2 scripts/jump dialog (?). I've dug around a while looking for related .pbo's etc.. but haven't found what I need. Does this have to be scripted (move player in vehicle, chunk them out w/chute)? Or is there a simple means by which to access things (similar to the ole eject.sqs)?

Sorry if I missed something simple, my brain has been slowly frying the last couple of days trying to edumacate myself on things. Any direction is helpful.

Gnome

Yeah i'd also like to know that

Yeah i realize its something to do with that, for what its worth i was thinking maybe forced crouched position with very limited movement before total collapse from exhaustion?

Which is where the "which is available in the game" part comes in. There probably isn't any "forced crouch position" function available that can be used. The black out thing is available because that is used in the game when you get wounded.

in latest version of ACE_PLA chinese soldiers were scared of smt

Indeed. They were scared that you use ACE 1 for ArmA (1) with ArmA 2 :)

There is no ace_fx_environment in ACE 2 but only in ACE 1.

Xeno

The new chute flight model is impressive and really smooth. There is any way to simulate a chute failure by script? , it would be awesome for the mision makers :)

Is SixUpdater writing anything interesting (errors/warnings) in console window? If console window closes itself, try running SixUpdater from command line:

Start->Run->cmd.exe and then (assuming default installation path and 64bit system)

first:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Six-Updater"

and after that:

tools\ruby\bin\ruby.exe -rubygems six-updater-web.rb webrick

This hasn't worked either. Neither has Firefox or Google Chrome. Which is -very- weird as I have been on the website before to install ACE the first time around. It just keeps up coming with 'Page Cannot Be Displayed'. As for the GUI updater itself, this is what I get before after 30 seconds or so it closes:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8439/ry436f.png

Hope that helps.

The new chute flight model is impressive and really smooth. There is any way to simulate a chute failure by script? , it would be awesome for the mision makers :)

Yeah I like this too, I did have a CTD upon landing though.

This hasn't worked either. Neither has Firefox or Google Chrome. Which is -very- weird as I have been on the website before to install ACE the first time around. It just keeps up coming with 'Page Cannot Be Displayed'. As for the GUI updater itself, this is what I get before after 30 seconds or so it closes:

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8439/ry436f.png

Hope that helps.

If you can't get SixUpdater to run, you could also try AddonSync (check the siggy).

Just add the Kelly's heroes Ace server (in default servers) and click download.

Other then that there's bound to be a solution to your problem in SixUpdater as well.

Yeah i'd also like to know that

Simple solution for utilizing the ACE2 HALO/LALO system in a MP flagpole type scenario:

/*
ACE2 HALO/LALO - (MP - Flagpole Scenario)

FUNCTION:
This script will check to see if a player has a chute, if so the player will be moved to the marker
position and exectute the ACE2 HALO scripts. Easy enough. 

USAGE: 
Copy this script into your mission folder/subfolder.

Place a marker on the map for the HALO location and name it whatever you like.

In the init line of whatever editor placed object you wish to use for the action to HALO:
nul = this addaction ["<insert your action title>","<path to halo.sqf>",["<your marker name>",<altitude>,0,False,true];
	Example: nul = this addaction ["HALO","halo.sqf",["halo_marker",4990],0,False,true];
*/

_unit = _this select 1;
_loc = _this select 3;
_mrk = _loc select 0;
_alt = _loc select 1;

// Anti-Noob Splatter check
if ((_unit == player) && !((_unit hasWeapon "ACE_ParachutePack") || (_unit hasWeapon "ACE_ParachuteRoundPack"))) exitWith {
_unit globalChat "You on a suicide mission? Get a chute dumbass."; // Verbage between quotes can be changed to something less ... whatever.
};

// If player is good to go, teleport/execute ACE2 script
if ((_unit == player) && ((_unit hasWeapon "ACE_ParachutePack") || (_unit hasWeapon "ACE_ParachuteRoundPack"))) exitWith {
titleCut ["", "BLACK FADED", 100];
sleep 1.0;
titleCut ["", "BLACK IN", 2];
_unit setpos [getmarkerpos _mrk select 0, getmarkerpos _mrk select 1, _alt];
_unit execVM "x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf";
};

Found what I was looking for :j: (was one of those days...)

Reference: ace_sys_eject.pbo

Hope it helps others,

Gnome

Edited by Gnome_AS
Updated: added marker param

Sup all, just registered to hop on here, and say what a freakin' incredible job that the creators and developers of this mod did. I was at first a bit skittish to install Six Updater, as I like to install mods myself, but upon giving it a go, I am completely blown away by the ease of the installation, and the creativity that this is being used. Been playing these games since OFP, and cannot wait to get into Arma 2 with this installed. I loved Arma, despite some of the difficulties it had, but this looks great, and this mod looks great. Again, thanks for the great installation, and the hard work. I'm personally in the Army, and dig anything that is realism/sim based, and I just love seeing the dedication and hard work that fans put into these mods that make the game something special to behold, :).

Hey guys - about the HALO stuff: I will update the ACE2 features wiki to give some tips on how mission makers can use the scripts. Just give me a couple of days. Thanks for the feedback on the 'chutes; and if you have any issues don't hesitate to report them over at the tracker (or look for existing tickets to add your supporting info to) :)

The dispersion that ace simulates is horrid.

200m - rifles(M16A2 to be exact) are hitting 2 feet off the mark in any which direction.

If you're trying to simulate wind or something... don't... it's bad.

at 200m those rifles should be barely an inch off with gale force winds, it is ridiculous that it goes off by so much. It only gets worse(which dispersion should but not to that extreme... unless you're a bad shot which Marines should be as they are taught marksmanship all throughout training and while they're in service.) when you get further.

The dispersion that ace simulates is horrid.

200m - rifles(M16A2 to be exact) are hitting 2 feet off the mark in any which direction.

If you're trying to simulate wind or something... don't... it's bad.

at 200m those rifles should be barely an inch off with gale force winds, it is ridiculous that it goes off by so much. It only gets worse(which dispersion should but not to that extreme... unless you're a bad shot which Marines should be as they are taught marksmanship all throughout training and while they're in service.) when you get further.

I've never had a problem. In fact I've taken out targets at 1,000 meters with an M16A4 ACOG. That's a shot most normal players can't make with an actual sniper rifle. (I'm not kidding. It's hilarious)

oh bit late to fray but congrats SB and rest of ACE2/Devheaven team

I've never had a problem. In fact I've taken out targets at 1,000 meters with an M16A4 ACOG. That's a shot most normal players can't make with an actual sniper rifle. (I'm not kidding. It's hilarious)

I just finished a rifle range(first with ACE2) for my realism unit. Results were all the same. 200m shots missing when sights were dead on targets.

300m even worse.

500m well... I shot once target was hit near its base, didnt move the sights let the target pop back up, another shot was fired way over the target on a sign thats put up so we know which lane we're shooting in. and it must be at least 6 meters over the targets that we're aiming for.

And the fact that an M16's engagement range is 600m before the bullet loses kill power and you're hitting and killing targets at 1000m? (I'm not kidding, It's hilarious)

Edited by Rhomen

Hmm... I'll do some investigating. It could be that the instances of my shooting targets that far out were with the vanilla game. I do remember being on my ArmA2 communities server & having one hell of a drop with the M109 & M107 at roughly 1,000. I had to aim up so far i couldn't see the target in order to hit it.

It seems that choppers do not use their FFAR either at all, or at least not effectively.

Please see the repro mission @ Dev-Heaven.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

The chopper could have easily come up behind the surprised squad, dumped a few rockets, and been happily on its way. Instead it chooses to fire only a few PKT bursts and it takes several strafing runs to accomplish what could have been done in seconds with FFAR.

Choppers should use their FFAR on soft armored vehicles and clumps of infantry where it is more effective than MG fire.

If your talking about the Mi-17 (I assume you are.) then that has always been around. The AI in a "transport" chopper never use those rocket pods. Not sure why but only Hinds and Kamovs use their rockets.