Sign in to follow this  
Rayers12

What direction do you want the next game to take?

Although A2 was a good game, the hardcore realism (compared to A1) was not what I wanted. I found that a certain degree of fun (the way A1 weapons shoot and feel) was the right way to go.

Now that we have all of this realistic and accurate data, the direction I want the next AA game to take is this:

I'm sure that every single person who played them remembers the Aliens mod and Zombies mod from A1. I want the Blues and the Ops fighting for survival against a fictional threat, such as Aliens or zombies, something unknown. The ArmAs feel of scale would be very fitting to this scenario. (It isn't the most ridiculous thing people wanted from AA games, so guy wanted to make a martial arts game out of them!) Why simulate something you already know the result of?

I think some sort of "living" mechanisms should be implemented as well. I think if some sort of sleep function (Realistic, however!) and hunger/thirst (realistic, again). Also, combat frequently takes places at much, much greater ranges than A2 presents. In Afghanistan, combat often takes place at <500 meters, even as infantrymen. "It was like hanging out in a bunker, but shooting a gun at some faraway guy every once in a while." (It shouldn't be this way all the time, however!)

High Command is definitely going to be a loved feature, a big expansion to it would turn the AA series into award-winners. Expansion as in: enhanced transport feature, AI subcommanders (Tell them to take a city for example, have them handle all of the complexities themselves. You would give them some resources to use.) and 'roles' (that you can assign) such as Recon (stays a set postion, goes to stealth mode and watches horizon?) or Transport (as you give units orders, it would respond to their postion to transport them.)

Also, I would like to see a continuation of the EW storyline at some point. EW is easily the coolest new thing I've seen in gaming for a while.

This is not a thread trashing A2, as I'm sure many people will think I'm doing. Tell me what you want the series to do! I don't care If you disagree with me. Please post what you want. If you are just posting to disagree with me, then don't even bother. I am not the project manager, I am just saying what I would like to do.

What you would you like to do? Take it to a real war? Which one? What gameplay modifications would you want? If you disagree with me, then say why and what you would like to do in the AA series.

EDIT* Remember OFP, it didn't have the focus on hyper-realism that the first AA did. The realism went to 9 because people asked for it.

Another Edit: I couldn't care less if you don't like my idea. I just want to know yours.

Apparently, people didn't get it the first time. I AM NOT IVAN BUTCHA, OKAY? I AM JUST A FORUM MEMBER WHO LIKES DISCUSSIONS IN A PLACE MADE FOR DISCUSSING.

Edited by Rayers12
More things to say, more things to say once again.

Ooops ... how comes I came here?

Ah ... it's by the title of your thread.

Nah, me? .. I want BIS games to keep it real.

I don't like Crysis thingies.

Sorry, but the direction should be this: BI games as a package..

Wow, you guys are worse than 4chan at times. This is a serious thread, if you want to post some responses like those seen in this thread please use the Off-topic thread. The R in ArmA stands for respect.

'Ooops ... how comes I came here?

Ah ... it's by the title of your thread.' What does that even mean? What is your problem? I am not even suggesting it would be anything like Crysis!

I think an expansion to A2 with the Aliens as an independent side would be the best option, as it wouldn't effect the choices of realism some people would like to make.

Edited by Rayers12

Like Arma2 but i would like them to develop both the first person part and the warfare part.

"scene wise" it could just as well be a "civli war" with in NATO, EU or any other alliance or country.

They should simply take Arma2 a step further when it comes to everything.

I Also would like them to improve the editor in such way that it would be

simpler for those (like me) that are new to BIS games and editors without ruing/removing

the possibilities for the pros to make advanced missions/campaigns with scripts and manually inserted code.

And absolutely no aliens/monster/etc there are already more then enough of those games.

If I am the only person that wants Aliens, then so be it. (I think it would work very well, with A2's combat and scale!) Yes! Definitely! The amount of scripting or time required to do basic things such as move multiple groups into vehicles should definitely be reduced, it should be the top of BI's to-do list. @Hbomber, I too would like to see expansions on the RTS side of ArmA.

Edited by Rayers12

If I am the only person that wants Aliens, then so be it.

Oh I really hope your are, bis should just keep doing what they're doing its great. Maybe have alook at 'CARRIER COMMAND: GAEA MISSION' if your looking for sci-fi out of bis, because honestly not being rude or the sort but i genuinely thought you were joking when you said ''I think an expansion to A2 with the Aliens as an independent'' . I mean this is a milsim, ET would look out of place in chernrus tbh .

I think my artery on right side of my head exploded when I got to the Aliens part.

Everything has to take something wonderful, then feel they need to "improve" upon it.

Ask the American Indian how they feel about "improvement."

It's what I want, not what everybody wants. I'm just saying thats what I want, how about you guys?

1. I want more crappy weaopons and crappy armor. So we miss alot, here the thunk of Russian RPG's bouncing off the turrut of early 70's tank.

KOREAN WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. NAPALM!

3. A working Spooky GUN ship.

4. The fancy as all get-up Air warning and air SAM installations fo the old Communist regime.

5. Fighters from the early 50's. Including the helivac in M.A.S.H.

I think a MASH unit and the base setup strategy would blend perfectly into this game. It would be glorious! More types of artillery (that must be drawn by tuck, tank, or horse"

We should just have the whole damn Korean conflict in this game! Man it would be incredible!

This is not a unit creation request. This is the overall direction of the AA series. So you want it to be in the Korean War?

@Windexglow: Shut the fuck up. We (at least I) are trying to have an actual discussion in this thread.

Even though your signature makes you out to be a trolololololol? I wonder if you just posted this looking for a flame war. It's all a bit suspicious.

Anyways, I disagree with most of your points. Chernarus and Utes are not boring, Sahrani was boring. It was also ridiculous to see how the entire south was pretty much desert, and the entire north was European woodland. The weapons are not a whole lot different to ArmA's (literally, they're basically the exact same in some cases, like the M4s and the M16s) so I don't see what you mean there.

BIS' games are realistic. Having them fight Aliens or some weird other fantasy thing is just stupid, and if that's what you want, you can find much better games, or wait for people to mod them like always. I also don't think BIS' games should be turned into RPGs, as you seem to want them to be, but I don't mind them improving the conversation system, and that's as far as I'd be comfortable with. They are military simulators.

In terms of what I want, I'd like BIS to continue doing what they've done so far. Make significant improvements to the core gameplay while not compromising what makes their games different from the rest. Things like a physics engine, an improved audio system, and everything in that ball park. What I don't want are the radical changes you're suggesting.

That's my opinion.

Rayers12 why don't you go, buy and play a zombie or alien game? BIS aren't the only one company in the world who are developing games.

BIS are developing their games based on military and realworld data approx over 10 years. Most people (~99%) here at BI forum know this and like it.

Only very few people would suggest BIS to turn their OFP/ArmA/Arma2 developments into a zombie/alien rpg-shooter or medieval RTS or advanced dancing polka for Wii.

oops, I was about to crash to bed when I posted so it was a bit weird.

But, on a more normal tone I do think the Korean War would be an interestng option for the game's engine to work with since all weapon ranges woud be severely reduced. Otherwise I love the game and how it works now, so just fine-tuning it and making it better and better would be nice.

I don't care If you disagree with me. Please post what you want. If you are just posting to disagree with me, then don't even bother. I am not the project manager, I am just saying what I would like to do.

What you would you like to do? Take it to a real war? Which one? What gameplay modifications would you want?

@NoRailGunner No other game in existence has the scale of the AA series. The realistic approach with flyable air units and armor and they ability for them to work together at once... that's what I want. And, as a micro expansion to A2 it you wouldn't lose any focus on the realism, as you still had the Russians to play with. How bout you? What do you want in the AA series?

Edited by Rayers12

@Windexglow: Shut the fuck up. We (at least I) are trying to have an actual discussion in this thread.

+1 infraction for that. Keep collecting them, we have plenty. ;)

Integrated WoW types where we play as soldiers and WoW fans play as civilians.

Wolle! Could you help me by getting rid of the obnoxious trolls have have nothing to say? I want to have an actual discussion here, not "LOL WOW fantasy lol" .

Wolle, and a dedicated player, what do you want to with the AA series?

Edited by Rayers12

Integrated WoW types where we play as soldiers and WoW fans play as civilians.

I'd vote for us to play as BLUFOR and them to be OPFOR. That way we can shoot them without breaking The Geneva Convention. :p

I'd vote for us to play as BLUFOR and them to be OPFOR. That way we can shoot them without breaking The Geneva Convention. :p

Well I was figuring they can rebuild the cities when we're done. Collateral damage should cover any shootings. :) They may even be collaborators.