Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Flashpoint on xbox

I dislike the console and it really does restrict OFP's replay value. Players can't really take advantage of Flashpoints sophisticated Scripting Engine and i'm sure editing and developing missions with the ingame editor would be nothing less than hard with those oversized television remotes.

On a console I think OFP would move from a realistic soldier sim to an action title... Much will be lost along the way.

Good choice of console; The Xbox will be the only one that could properly do it with an 8Gb hard drive for patches or add on's witch you can download off the net. but yes I totaly agree you will lose the combat sim idea and it will turn into a FPS also I dont know how the ping would be from an xbox if you decide to connect all of us together smile.gif

does the xbox come with a keyboard?? if not then i dont hold much hope for all the key commands put onto a joypad =[[

I've said it before, OFP is not suited to console gaming.

It doesn't come with a ketybord as far as I know, but if MS release one then it really will be nothing more than a glorified Gaming PC.

I agree that ofp is not for console play. Anyway, I just hate so much the Xbox because of is big size. Did you guys have already try the joystick of the Xbox? IT'S HUGE!!! That console is not playable because of that.

BIS, don't release OFP on Xbox, it's a waste of time. No one will buy it because the console sux.

I wonder where the guys witht eh Xboxes will get the new upgrades from?

or the user missions, addons, more campaigns, mods, new weapons, sounds, etc... Man, I'd put away the game after a month or two if there wasn't the user made missions, or addons, and the mission editor.

I can see people just compare OFP to HALO... how sad.

-=Die Alive=-

X-Box is that not just an odds and sods of outdated lowpowered, lowspeed bits out of an old pc jammed in a box?

first of all , the controller for the xbox are just fine like they are. not too big not too small and extremly good to handle.

i like the idea of OFP for xbox . the ping will be excellent as you can only connect via broadband.

true, editing and making mission or scripting cant be done on the xbox but well that is what you have the pc for smile.gif i dont know what and if there will be an integrated browser and i havent checked the xbobx online capabilities yet but i for sure would gt ofp for xbox aswell. simpling because it has amazing graphics and loading times. afterall the xbox is just a pc optimized for gaming. so if they get it to work that you can make your missions and scripting on pc , upload it and download it onto the xbox it would really rock and the community would surely benefit.

furthermore , i dont think you necessaryly need a keyboard to play ofp....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eskimo jackson @ April 18 2002,05:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">first of all , the controller for the xbox are just fine like they are. not too big not too small and extremly good to handle.

i like the idea of OFP for xbox . the ping will be excellent as you can only connect via broadband.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I really like the Xbox controller. I dont know about better pings though. I tried playing Halo via Gayspys Xbox tunnel prog... and pings were not too good. but I will admit that that was pretty jury rigged, and Im sure a professional product would perform better.

no , it doesnt have a mouse , but what do you need it for ? the aiming of any FPS works just fine with the thumbsticks. i didnt believe it myself at first but then i played max payne and it is just fine. unusual at first of course but i like it ..

I have to agree with Jackson,

The Xbox may be a glorified pc but it's one that they can optimize for developing the game and make the graphics top notch. The controllers are great unless you have tiny hands and there are enough buttons/joysticks to get the job done.

I'm hoping that they don't dumb it down too much for xbox and keep with the original theme, I can't really see a reason not too as a lot of the xbox market seems to be older with it's hometheater capabilities and all. As long as BIS releases content once in a while through the ethernet port I think multiplayer will thrive. Bis, I salute your decision and I hope you give the xbox version the attention it deserves.

but Max Payne is not FPS

U can probably play it with steering wheel!! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eskimo jackson @ April 18 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">first of all , the controller for the xbox are just fine like they are. not too big not too small and extremly good to handle.<span id='postcolor'>

You must be joking. The xbox contreler is f*cking big. I don't have little hands, and it's imposible to play a single game with it. Xbox is the worst console out there.

Deathguy, i think you just dont like Microsoft or something, because xBox is a very cool thing, and definitively the best console out there. Go on BIS!  smile.gif

1. well, it's the error blue screen that I hate most with Microsoft (Windows)

2. Xbox is not cool because it's big. When I say that the controler is big, it's a faq. I have already try the joystick of the Xbox, and it's not playable. sad.gif That is why I have not buy it and that I hate it.

I Cried for an hour when I herd about ofp on xbox.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scario @ April 18 2002,21:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Deathguy, i think you just dont like Microsoft or something, because xBox is a very cool thing<span id='postcolor'>

I hate Microsoft! I would use Linux or even a fuckin apple because Microsofte made windows. The only reason I have windows is because it came with the computer. If it were my choice, I would have used dos, basic, and/or hex coding. This really pisses me off.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (barret @ April 18 2002,04:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it were my choice, I would have used dos, basic, and/or hex coding. This really pisses me off.<span id='postcolor'>

why the hell would you want your desktop to be a black screen with white words. It be like a computer from 1980

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ April 18 2002,16:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why the hell would you want your desktop to be a black screen with white words. It be like a computer from 1980<span id='postcolor'>

I was using DOS up to 1996. biggrin.gif

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (timmy @ April 18 2002,23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (barret @ April 18 2002,04:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it were my choice, I would have used dos, basic, and/or hex coding. This really pisses me off.<span id='postcolor'>

why the hell would you want your desktop to be a black screen with white words. It be like a computer from 1980<span id='postcolor'>

I grew up with a Commadore 64 (64 Kb) and that had a blue screen. Memorisiing all of the basic codes, and hex codes is why I'm such a great hacker/viri maker.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deathguy @ April 19 2002,08:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. Xbox is not cool because it's big. When I say that the controler is big, it's a faq. I have already try the joystick of the Xbox, and it's not playable. sad.gif That is why I have not buy it and that I hate it.<span id='postcolor'>

its a faq ? do you mean : it is a fact ? *confused*

and why you 'have not buy' it is because your parents wouldnt give you the money , right ? wink.gif

to be a little nitpick, it isnt a joystick but a thumbstick. you use them with your thumbs , not the whole hand tounge.gif

another thing .. right , max payne isnt fps , my bad smile.gif

take halo then , it works like a charm , easy to control